Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

Default Re: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

This Beta version is my favourite so far, a definite improvement on the Alpha & SS6.4 in general.

Cheers for all your hard work & the hours put in

Hey guys,

thanks for all the effort.

I'd like to give this mod a try, but I have a couple of questions before, if you please:

1- Do I have to download the patch file on the original post of this thread or just the main DL file? If the patch is necessary, what are the installation instructions?
    2- Does Titanium include the Garrisons Script"?
    3- In order to install on Steam, can I just DL the files and rename one of the Kingdoms campaign to Titanium, like I do with all other M2TW mods?
    4- Are there a list of compatible submods for Titanium?
    5- What are the recommended Battle and Campaign difficulties?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; September 10, 2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Loving Titanium 0.9 beta. But I can't proceed with the campaign because at the end of the rebel turn I keep getting the popup error message "Medieval2 : Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." Nothing else in the log.

I've tried the new campaign_script.txt file that others have posted, but it doesn't help.

I've got a beast 64bit Win 10 setup.

Others have had this problem too I've noticed but I'm not sure how to fix it.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Thanks Baggins, I've contacted the Great Gigantus for help on this one.
    He is our resident technical wizard.
    I believe he will get back to you with good news soon enough.
    Be prepared to follow his instructions though.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    Loving Titanium 0.9 beta. But I can't proceed with the campaign because at the end of the rebel turn I keep getting the popup error message "Medieval2 : Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." Nothing else in the log.

I've tried the new campaign_script.txt file that others have posted, but it doesn't help.

I've got a beast 64bit Win 10 setup.

Others have had this problem too I've noticed but I'm not sure how to fix it.
    Set your log to trace: open the mod's CFG file with notepad and edit this line to look thus level = * trace
    Run the game until the crash
    Compress the log (7Zip is freeware) and attach it here

Thanks for the quick response paleologos & Gigantus.

I like to play as the Byzantines. The crash occurs at the end of the Rebel turn just before the Byzantine one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Baggins; September 30, 2018 at 12:19 AM. Reason: left something out

Blog Entries

This is when it goes wrong, let's see what that refers to:
    Code:
    15:13:10.830 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 61203 in mods/Titanium/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    It's possible my version is a bit outdated, else it's this set:
    Code:
        ;-- DifficultyLevel = 2
        monitor_event FactionTurnEnd

....\....

if I_CompareCounter hre_has_brain = 1            and I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
                set_counter hre_has_brain 0
                increment_kings_purse hre 700
            end_if
            if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
                and I_CompareCounter hre_has_brain = 0
                set_counter hre_has_brain 1
                increment_kings_purse hre -700
            end_if
    The counter is only declared if hotseat is enabled (never a good idea to make declaration of counters conditional), and I am not sure if a stand alone IF works to start with, but I reckon so, whereas the monitor section above gets tested even if hotseat is not enabled.
    Code:
        if I_HotseatEnabled        declare_counter hre_has_brain
    If this is indeed the correct line\section then making the declaration of the counter unconditional should solve the problem, eg moving the declare_counter lines starting at 60512 BEFORE the if I_HotSeatEnabled line.
    Tip: put the rest into a suitable monitor and throw some good housekeeping in by terminating the monitor if hotseat is not enabled.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Wow, this looks interesting. And even iberia is well depicted!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This is when it goes wrong, let's see what that refers to:
    Code:
    15:13:10.830 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 61203 in mods/Titanium/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    It's possible my version is a bit outdated, else it's this set:
    Code:
        ;-- DifficultyLevel = 2
        monitor_event FactionTurnEnd

....\....

if I_CompareCounter hre_has_brain = 1            and I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
                set_counter hre_has_brain 0
                increment_kings_purse hre 700
            end_if
            if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
                and I_CompareCounter hre_has_brain = 0
                set_counter hre_has_brain 1
                increment_kings_purse hre -700
            end_if
    The counter is only declared if hotseat is enabled (never a good idea to make declaration of counters conditional), and I am not sure if a stand alone IF works to start with, but I reckon so, whereas the monitor section above gets tested even if hotseat is not enabled.
    Code:
        if I_HotseatEnabled        declare_counter hre_has_brain
    If this is indeed the correct line\section then making the declaration of the counter unconditional should solve the problem, eg moving the declare_counter lines starting at 60512 BEFORE the if I_HotSeatEnabled line.
    Tip: put the rest into a suitable monitor and throw some good housekeeping in by terminating the monitor if hotseat is not enabled.

Thanks for this Gigantus

I'm a little perplexed. I've looked at my mods/Titanium/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt file and it only goes to line 17874. Attached as campaign_script short.7z

However, there is a campaign_script.txt file in Titanium\data\campaign\early\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign which goes to line 62681. Attached. Line 61203 there is indeed a counter declaration conditional on I_HotseatEnabled in line 61175. It appears to be in the Additional Scripts section regarding Minor Settlements Income Script

So my system_log appears to refer to a line that doesn't exist in the campaign_script file at that location (campaign_script short.7z)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Ah yes, the ever confounding set up of SS\Titanium. This folder 'Titanium\data\campaign' is a source directory where files are getting copied from when changing options via the custom launcher.

The 'Titanium\data\world' folder is the directory the game reads from. The only explanation of this conundrum would be that you might have used the launcher (or updated the game) after starting your current game - the campaign_script gets read only at game start and then isn't referenced anymore, eg you could delete the file and nothing would happen. It's also the reason why changes to this file are not save game compatible.

As it is even the larger file is not the correct one, which seems to confirm my suspicions - on top of copying stuff from the data\campaign folders the launcher also compiles smaller scripts (see data\campaign\sub) into the campaign_script file. In other words - if you have run the launcher with changed options since you started your current game there simply is no way to trace anything back conclusively via the script.

Sorry about the bad news.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 01, 2018 at 01:07 AM.

Great Mod/Sub-Mod, I went from Vanilla to SS to Titanium. My question is Have the story/history events been removed from this Sub_mod, Like paper being invented, the windmill, earthquake in Aleppo, an the new ones added by regular SS. I am 20 turns ins and have not noticed any on a Sicily early Campaign. Also I saw that Vesuvius was smoking on the campaign map and I lost part of my garrison, Not sure if an event note was supposed to pop for that. Thanks for any info.

I am at risk of giving you false info as I only worked on new models, not the campaign details.
    If memory serves correctly, the events were removed to make the whole thing lighter to run, but I could be wrong.

Blog Entries

The first 'regular' event from descr_events is in the 24th year - the Worms Concordat. The first windmill event is in the 30th year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Ah yes, the ever confounding set up of SS\Titanium. This folder 'Titanium\data\campaign' is a source directory where files are getting copied from when changing options via the custom launcher.

The 'Titanium\data\world' folder is the directory the game reads from. The only explanation of this conundrum would be that you might have used the launcher (or updated the game) after starting your current game - the campaign_script gets read only at game start and then isn't referenced anymore, eg you could delete the file and nothing would happen. It's also the reason why changes to this file are not save game compatible.

As it is even the larger file is not the correct one, which seems to confirm my suspicions - on top of copying stuff from the data\campaign folders the launcher also compiles smaller scripts (see data\campaign\sub) into the campaign_script file. In other words - if you have run the launcher with changed options since you started your current game there simply is no way to trace anything back conclusively via the script.

Sorry about the bad news.
    Got it now Gigantus.
    You're probably right. Thanks for the analysis.

The news isn't so bad when what happened is understood.

Blog Entries

Thanks, makes sense, there a more turns per year in titanium.

What about gunpowder units and cannons?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler123 View Post
    What about gunpowder units and cannons?
    They're not in currently, because the campaign ends in 1350. There are still cannon towers I believe.

Hi, can I install it on SS6.4?

No you need to install as a separate mod.