Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

Default Re: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

Are there any plans to slow down combat? I find that it is currently too fast, although it is already fast in SS 6.4 and M2TW vanilla.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

If it was up to me alone, unit sizes would be larger, shield defense ratings would be higher (4 for buckler, 7 for medium round and adarge, 10 for large round and heater, 12 for large kite and 14 for pavises) and skill defense would rise more steeply for higher quality troops.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    UPDATE
    I tried a vanilla SS6.3 for comparison.
    It CTD'd after 8 turns and playing for about 15 minutes
    What operating system do you use?
    As I mentioned, me and a friend we have the feeling that Microsoft has recently changed something in Windows 10 what prompts many problems for many mods.

What operating system do you use?
    As I mentioned, me and a friend we have the feeling that Microsoft has recently changed something in Windows 10 what prompts many problems for many mods.
    I'm using latest release (not beta or insider) build of Windows 10. I also have steam.
    Game and mods all installed ina directory on the D drive. (Win10 system on the C drive)
    I was playing a vanilla M2TW 1.5 last night for 3 hours without any issues. Got up to turn 70.
    ---------
    Gigantus has this :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15417159

However :
    I tried to change the compatibility on the Kingdoms.exe but it wouldn't let me start the mod if I did that.
    same if I tried to run as admin.
    I think they're trying to stop changes to .exe files as a security thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE
    Verfified game cache from Steam.
    Still couldn't get mods to launch.
    Launched vanilla M2TW OK
    and now it finds the mods, so I can launch Titanium again.
    Decided the problem is that it needs STEAM to be running before it'll allow me to play.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

another day another CTD - this time fatal graphics error - attacking jerusalem my khwarezm army plus a caliphate army.
    decent sized Crusader garrison.

last entries from log
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

03:47:23.293 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/jerusalem/variations/south_european/Final European CB Gun_jerusalem_norm.texture
    03:47:23.293 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2318: caching directory: mods/titanium/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/titanium/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/Final European CB Gun_jerusalem_norm.texture
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2319: caching directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/jerusalem
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/jerusalem
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/jerusalem/Final European CB Gun_jerusalem_norm.texture
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2320: caching directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/jerusalem/variations/south_european
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/faction_variations/jerusalem/variations/south_european
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/jerusalem/variations/south_european/Final European CB Gun_jerusalem_norm.texture
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [trace] exists: 2321: caching directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    03:47:23.294 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    03:47:23.295 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/Final European CB Gun_jerusalem_norm.texture

at which point it crashed.

also had some script errors with Lithuanian garrison - tried to add more units than it could fit.
    Luckily game didn't crash.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; October 06, 2017 at 09:54 PM.

The gameplay of this mod is fantastic, thanks so much for the all the work that's been put into it!!

That being said, like some of the others here I've also been having recurring problems with CTDs , which usually happen during the rebel movement turn (I think a few times it's happened in other factions' turns but that might just be my memory failing, I'm not 100% certain). This comes with a popup error message "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." This is the only error that exists in the log as well. I've been saving before I end each turn and usually resuming a crashed game reverts to that save point just before I ended my turn (in which case ending the turn immediately typically doesn't then crash), but OCCASIONALLY the game appears to have finished the AI turns and autosaved before crashing, meaning that the game restores to the start of the next turn instead of the manual savepoint.

This problem typically first appears for me between turns 20 and 30 of a campaign, but from that point happens every 5-10 turns or so, which is a bit of a pain Iirc it's also happened before battles before, but I tend to autoresolve the majority of them anyway so I haven't had this for a while.

I've tried running the SS_launcher/kingdoms.exe as an administrator and in compatibility mode, but that didn't seem to do anything (maybe even resulted in more CTDs than usual but my sample size is too small to say that for sure). I'm using Windows 10 (latest general release), and have steam/MTW2 installed outside of program files, if that info is of any value.. If there's anything else I could try then please let me know because I'd really love to dive much deeper into this mod without ragequitting from crashes every few turns

apologies for double posting but this needs a new post -
    it's from discussion in mod workshop.

from Medusa0

If this mod is crashing during battle deployment in siege battles, another thing to try is to try to shorten some of the lines in battle_models.modeldb. If the mod uses many levels of sub directories, strings in this file may cause the crash.

M2TW is generally generous with this file, but the string length threshold is much lower in siege battles due to memory issues.

Code:
    89 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/greek_russian/textures/greek_captain_byzantium.texture
    This line and others like it should not exceed 98-100 characters. (This is a documented bug, but I could not find the thread at the time)

Thx for this.
    Not something I know anything about
    but the log reveals this :
    data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/variations/south_european/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture
    which is 111 characters long.
    I'll pass that on to the modders.

How to shorten it then? What exactly should be deleted?

Playing as the Caliphate (Early Campaign) and my princesses couldn't marry anyone except the Turkish faction heir. I did this by having the younger princess (you start with two) negotiate with the Turkish princess. In addition, I wanted MY faction heir to marry the the Turkish princess but the option was not available (my faction heir just became of age, is not married).

But back to the main issue. My older princess had the "marry" option in diplomacy, but when I negotiated it (and the AI accepted), the option would remain to be selected again and no marriage would take place, just an alliance. I tried this between the older princess and the Fatmids, both with a diplomat and Fatmid princess, and I tried between the younger princess and Georgia with the same results. Again, the only faction this worked with was with the Turks via Caliphate Princess and Turkish Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Actually, I experience multiple crashes in the game, in different mods.
    I have the feeling that Microsoft has changed something in Windows what prompts problems.
    I also experience shorter turns times on another computer, a worse one, so maybe bygIV would be playable, I'll see.
    Interestingly, after the new upgrade of the Windows 10 the things seem to have changed again. I don't experience CTDs (admittedly, I haven't played much yet).

The turn's times have changed as well:
    - for Titanium with BGR_IV the first turn
    -- is now 60 seconds (was 270 sec.)
    - for another mod I'd reported earlier: SS-BtfB+BGR_IV game after 100 turns:
    -- now it was 180 sec. for all three turns (it was that's 555 sec., 460 sec., 505 sec.)

It looks like playing with BGR_IV is feasible again. It should be kept in mind that the compatibility mode of Win7 should be switched off.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 06, 2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Interestingly, after the new upgrade of the Windows 10 the things seem to have changed again. I don't experience CTDs (admittedly, I haven't played much yet).
    This is interesting. My main rig has updated to the latest win10 so I'll fire up Titanium again and see if the CTDs are fewer this time round.
    I'll start a new campaign.

-----------------UPDATE -----------

Well so far so good, playing a Polish campaign for 90 minutes, no sign of a lock-up or any other misbehviour.
    Fought several town / castle / fort battles - no problems encountered.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; October 22, 2017 at 07:45 PM.

Why recruiting time of Eddessan Guard is 8turns? WTF? They are no better than any other similar unit, while no other unit recruting time is more than 1 turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeros View Post
    Why recruiting time of Eddessan Guard is 8turns? WTF? They are no better than any other similar unit, while no other unit recruting time is more than 1 turn.
    Which units are you comparing them to? There are unit traits / attributes visible in the EDU that may not show up in the game description of the unit.
    I see the "stat_mental" attribute is "highly trained"; most units having this trait have either very slow replenishment rates or long recruiting time.
    In any case, you can change it in under 15 minutes by reading a guide to the EDU, and editing the text file

OK spoke too soon.

But it does look like a windows problem.

saved a game immediately before a crusade attack on Antioch.
    Game CTD'd before the battle scren came up - unspecified problem.

so I cleared everything and restarted and loaded the save game.
    This time the battle played perfectly.
    Until I won and then it crashed before the battle results screen came up.
    Both cases there was nothing in the system log that indicated why it crashed.

OK tried a third time, battle went through perfectly.
    This time my crusading general died so maybe that helped ?

Next turn I had to defend from a full-stack Egyptian army - game crashed before battle set-up.

I think I'll see if running without a campaign script makes any difference.

----------------
    Is anyone using the Game bar in windows 10 ?
    Apparently :
    "Pressing the Settings button on the Game Bar takes you to a whole set of other options. This is where you'll find Game Mode, a new feature in the Windows 10 Creators Update that tries to boost performance by disabling background processes.

PCWorld's tests have shown minimal frame rate gains for Game Mode, especially on high-performance PCs, but notable stability improvements on weaker machines."

Might be worth trying ?
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; October 24, 2017 at 09:18 PM.

Hi there

First of all, thanks for this amazing Mod.... it really helps me in this dark Warhammer times.

Installation smooth like most M2 mods, no probs at all

I played 2 Late campains so far (One with Venice (133 turns) and one with the Danish (~80 turns))
    seen no "Bugs" so far but i´ve some Questions left.

First: Somehow it seems the income generated from Mercants .... dunno "Gliches" out? So i send my Mercant to an Amberspot (wich generates 800+ gold ) look into my financescreen and see the income he should generate, end the turn and get.... between 40 and 100 so "unmodded" values... kinda strange?^^ Happend with both Venice and Danmark and with different tradespots.

Second: More a KI thing i think... till now it happend in both campains AND a testgame i started to see if it happens again. So KI-England don´t give about their homeland and instead conquer France and the Holy Roman. Meanwhile Scottland gets the British isles and France trys to stay somehow alive with getting territory on the Iberian. Also the East-roman..... just freak out and Conquer the whole Eastside of the map.
    All this happend 3 times with Medium-Medium and Hard-Hard.
    No idea if it works to make some rebellvillages "stronger" to force the KI more into one direction without taking the fun part for player who want to rewrite history.

Again, big thanks for the Mod and keep up the nice work.

PS: And pls Ignore my bad English... i know about it

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

What's KI?
    (I feel a kind of dumb to ask)

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    What's KI?
    Künstliche Intelligenz : AI in German

Oh yes I´m sorry, mean AI

Can I ask what are differences with SHIP except the different factions?

The mod is spectacular Melooo, only one problem I have found is that the faction icons on the campaign map are not the faction I am playing as. Is this a common problem or could something have gone wrong in the install?

Have continued testing with an unchanged 0.9 BETA.
    Am still getting CTDs -either unexplained or fatal graphics error far too frequently - either at start of battle or the end.

Note if I save game which crashed at the start of the battle and restart then sometimes the battle will play through, or it'll crash at end.

Either way it happens too often on town and castle siege battles - not open field battles though.

I've turned down most of the graphics options to low and medium (if available.)
    Playing with normal size units.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try playing without the campaign script to see if that works.

Not much difference tbh - except I haven't encountered any CTD's yet.
    I'll keep plugging away and see if one crops up eventually.

If that solves the CTDs then we need to look at removing from the campaign script everything that relates to siege battles
    as they seem to be the times that i get CTDs the most.

UPDATE

I've got turn 175 on a norwegian campaign without having a single CTD.
    So the CTD problem definitely is something in the campaign_script.

So one can either work by addition or subtraction - ie start with a few bits of the campaign_script test them and keep adding bits until you encounter the CTD.
    Or start with the whole thing and remove one chunk at a time.

I might start with the whole thing and remove G5's BAI stuff and maybe the dummy princesses in forts stuff.

FURTHER UPDATE

It appears there's something wrong with Constantinopolis. Game crashes when you start a siege battle there.
    Happens from fresh start and during longer game session.

This is as far as it gets

last bit of crash log - happens after the dummy princess fort stuff

22:28:17.408 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga,,not found
    22:28:17.408 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga,217308
    22:28:17.408 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    22:28:17.409 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga,,,-217308
    22:28:17.409 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga,,not found
    22:28:17.409 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga,217308
    22:28:17.409 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    22:28:17.409 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga,,,217308
    22:28:17.409 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege.tga,,,-217308
    22:28:17.409 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/southern_european/buildings/#southern_european_large_stone_wall.tga,,not found
    22:28:17.410 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/ui/southern_european/buildings/#southern_european_large_stone_wall.tga,19388
    22:28:17.410 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/southern_european/buildings/#southern_european_large_stone_wall.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    22:28:17.410 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/ui/southern_european/buildings/#southern_european_large_stone_wall.tga,,,19388

so what should come next ?
    well the answer appears to be :

22:56:51.117 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/ui/generic/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga
    22:56:51.117 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga
    22:56:51.117 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga.dds
    22:56:51.117 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    22:56:51.117 [system.io] [trace] file open,,4D8B7D48,,not found
    22:56:51.117 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,217308
    22:56:51.117 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    22:56:51.117 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,,,-217308
    22:56:51.117 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019_select.tga.dds
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019_select.tga
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019_select.tga.dds
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019_select.tga
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/139_select.tga.dds
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/139_select.tga
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/139_select.tga.dds
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/139_select.tga
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,,not found
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,217308
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,,,-217308
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,,not found
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,217308
    22:56:51.118 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    22:56:51.119 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,,,217308
    22:56:51.119 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/prebattle_siege_assault.tga,,,-217308
    22:56:51.119 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019.tga,,not found
    22:56:51.119 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019.tga,26540
    22:56:51.119 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    22:56:51.119 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019.tga,,,26540
    22:56:51.120 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/generals/019.tga,,,-26540
    22:56:51.120 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/139.tga,26540
    22:56:51.120 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/139.tga (from: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    22:56:56.789 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    22:56:56.789 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 1717AE46 against faction 1714DC9A
    22:56:56.789 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/globallighting/sunrise_storm.lighting
    22:56:56.789 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_storm.lighting,,not found
    ETC ETC

The game loaded the third time I tiried.
    This time I waited a tun before committing to battle.
    I fought the battle, won, and then it crashed

23:17:25.142 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/dead/139.tga (from: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    23:17:25.142 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/dead/139.tga (from: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/dead/139.tga (from: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/dead/139.tga (from: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/ui/generic/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Titanium/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga.dds
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [trace] file open,,7C6112B8,,not found
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga,217308
    23:17:25.143 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    23:17:25.160 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/battle_generaldeathenemy.tga,,,-217308
    23:18:38.373 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

-------------------------

A small grumble - horse archer units get awfully badly spread out at times if you have them on skirmish.
    Take them off skirmish and they get slaughtered unless micro-managed.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; November 10, 2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: updated