Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

Default Re: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This is an installer of mine that was lying in the depth of my archives. It's dated March 2018 and the ReadMe let's me guess that I did some bug hunting and some minor improvements:

Code:
    - Eastern and Middle Eastern UI
    - shortened diplomat animation
    - optional agent limit
    - new loading screens
    - large settlement symbols, faction specific rebel settlement symbols
    - new faction symbols
    - removed initial admiral traits that prevented merging of fleets
    - reduced scripted turmoil level
    - new menu and splash screen
    - added Faction Turn Counter and Logging
    - increased player treasury limit to 200K

Version 0.9 - 02nd Feb 2018
    - compiled automated installer with file verification and desktop short cuts
    - data\text folders, provided String.Bin files for Steam users
    - campaign_script, corrected various formatting errors
    - descr_disasters, disabled flood event (permanent movement reduction and inability to build watchtowers and forts)
    - export_descr_buildings, corrected various formatting errors
    - export_buildings, added missing name dummies
    - export_descr_character_traits, corrected various formatting errors
    - descr_strat, corrected various formatting errors
    - historic_events, added missing event 'ENGLAND_CIVIL_WAR_START'
    - default.cfg, added standard entries

Base set up - 31st Jan 2018
    - Titanium_Alpha_v0.85
    - Titanium_Alpha_v0.85_Patch1
    - Titanium_Alpha_v0.85_Patch2
    - G5_Settlement_Tweaks
    I do hope it will serve, download here at mediafire
    Hello Gigantus, a basic question, where should I copy and paste this line of code, in which file? Obviously, that code you quoted.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That code is the content of the Titanium ReadMe file, it's only for info purpose and included in the installation.

@Henry VI - I have not tested this installation on my repack, but there is a possibility that you may have the issue with the Novgorod banner as the Baltic submod had. I have added a link for the fix in my post.

Please help, when i try to unzip the file , the program says that the file are corrupted, and doesn't end the unzipping

Game works initially but ends up being a broken mess after 12 turns or so. anytime i try to assault the kaunas settlement as poland i get a CTD, isnt the first one but here is the log from it. my laptop has 64gb ram, an i9-9900k and a rtx 2080 so this stuff should not be happening.

12:12:18.840 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:12:18.840 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    12:12:18.842 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:12:18.842 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:12:18.843 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:12:18.843 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:12:18.843 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:12:18.843 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:13:16.876 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    12:13:38.003 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I dont and never have had the reallybadai submod activated at any time during this campaign yet it gives me this error everytime i try to do a battle. maybe the maker of that mod should rename it from reallybadai to reallybadsubmod because its made the game unplayable to me. have tried running compatibility modes, setting it to run in 640 by 480 resolution in the launch options, nothing works. Just frustrated beyond belief as just when the game gets interesting to me, this stuff happens to me

I'm having the same issue as henryIV above. I've tried the installer several times (merging the files with a clean install of SS 6.4), but the mod CTDs immediately on attempting to launch. I make sure to target the installer to where my Steam library version Medieval II is installed (outside of program files, of course), and still no dice.

EDIT: I just wanted to update my post by saying that I did manage to get the game launched and working. I just needed to really take my time with Gig's installer -- which works slowly but surely. So far, this looks like a fantastic mod. Thanks to all involved!
    Last edited by Cyprian2; November 04, 2020 at 08:11 PM.

MCJ's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This is an installer of mine that was lying in the depth of my archives. It's dated March 2018 and the ReadMe let's me guess that I did some bug hunting and some minor improvements:

I do hope it will serve, download here at mediafire

Note: For some mysterious reason the texture for the Novgorod banner symbol is missing in the SS base installation (the repack uses the Kievan symbol instead) which may cause submods to crash with the following error:
    Code:
    [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    This patch fixes the above issue.
    The link for the last patch is down, please reupload and thank you for reuploading this submod

Blog Entries

That was the initial patch for my Stainless Steel repack, I have recently updated that patch. I will link to the patch post instead in case further updates will happen.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 09, 2020 at 10:02 AM.

MCJ's Avatar Foederatus

Ah ok got it

I tip my hat to you sir for all the amazing work you do , thank you

Blog Entries

hey is there any alternative download links,because the current one seems inactive to me

sorry for spam,i found the download link and currently im playing the mod but i wonder is there any script,update or anything that make me play with mongols,also armenians is non-playable and a script faction am i right?

Blog Entries

I was just wondering do the mongols and the Teutonic order show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridwibda View Post
    I was just wondering do the mongols and the Teutonic order show up?
    I thought about that too, but of course they appear in the game. More so far, not as play factions. It would be amazing to see one of the Stainless Stell mods with historically accurate Mongolians and Teutons, with their correct family trees and hermegent characters, that for the Mongols, as for the Teutons, I would be satisfied with the religious order system as in the Med2 expansion, without family trees and with honorary titles of the Order...
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Hey guys, I'm asking for help with the installation. To preface, I am using windows 10 and steam.
    To start with, I am using the two Gigantus packs for the installation, namely the SS full and the Titanium installation, as well as the 'test version patch' and the SS update. I begin with reinstalling Med 2, then installing the SS full, later patching it with the patcher in the OP. Then I install the Titanium on top of it and apply the aformentioned flag crash patch, and everything seems to go well. SS 6.4 works just fine, I can launch the campaign and do everything as normal. However, during the installation for Titanium, some things seem to go wrong. Firstly, during the installation, I wait and ensure that the file checker ensures that everything is fine, then I copy over the SS files and use the optional music. But when I actually begin to open up the setup for Titanium, I select my options (Everything, basically, difficulty on Soul, BGR 4, etc.) and once I hit the button to setup it freezes, and then I get the campaign_script.txt does not contain errors and abortions. I can still close it since it says 'using adxxxx campaign' and I can launch the game, but once I enter the campaign option it kicks me back the main menu, and custom battles crash me altogether. Running the setup a second time doesn't cause any issues, but the problem with being unable to launch it at all seems to persist. I took my time to dig through the older files on here, namely the SS without the meloo fix and so on and tried manually installing that way, but the same problems persist - SS 6.4 works, but when I try to play Titanium itself, no luck. For more clarity, I use the --features.mod=mods/Titanium method to launch the game on steam, and kingdoms.exe is present as well (but I don't use it). I run the setup and installations as admin and UAC is also off. I've tried all my options, but don't seem to be getting it right. Sorry for the wall of text, but I hope someone can help me out. I can clarify more if needed, but is there a certain step I'm not getting right? Thank you for reading and I'm hoping someone can have an answer.

descr_stratdata\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txOkay people, thanks to the amazing help of Gigantus himself, he's been able to help me on my painful journey of getting this amazing mod to work. And, of course, I'm going to describe in full detail what the issue is, how I resolved it, and try to give a good step-by-step installation instruction. Firstly, this will only apply to people who have either failed to install SS+Titanium manually, or people who have used Gigantus's installers but get stuck with the "Errors while processing (submod .txt)" abortion errors during their Titanium setup. To begin, let's start with what we'll need.

First of all, we will need to install SS 6.3 and 6.4. This is easily done if we visit the original SS thread and click on the alternate download by Gigantus, which already has the instructions provided. (Here's a link: Full install for Stainless Steel 6.4, Meloo Fix, Steam compatible (twcenter.net)
    After we download that, we will need the hotfix for that, which is found in the #2 post below. Or, you could just click here (Stainless Steel Hotfix 2 (mediafire.com) and get it there straight away.

Now, again to preface, I am assuming we're all using steam here. Otherwise, the thread explains the differences in installation, but it should all be automatic. So, we run the Full install and let it extract everything. Then, we let the verifier run and do it's course. Afterwards, everything should be set. Just to make sure, I'd recommend running the setup at least once and running the game. To run the game itself, I would use the steam properties --features.mod=mods/(ModFolderName) method, but if you're not using steam, there's also the guide on how to set it up with CD over here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=859017394 but Gigantus also has many other useful guides on there, so be sure to check them out. Moving on, now is the time to apply the hotfix. The method I used that worked for me the best is actually to run the program, but when it asks for the filepath, ask it to download to the downloads folder (or desktop works as well, as suggested a few pages before) and then copy the Data folder, then pasting it into the SS mod folder, replacing whatever is there. Personally, I made the backups of all the stuff it replaced just in case, but that won't be necessary.

Congratulations, the patch has been applied. Just to make sure everything runs smoothly, I'd redo the setup routine and start up the game, make sure that custom battles work and jump into a campaign and hop back out. Now we should be ready for installing the actual Titanium mod! I use the Gigantus installer version, that being the alternate download in the OP available here (Titanium 0.9 (mediafire.com). However, I am not sure if the 'Test Version Patch' in the OP is required or is even compatible with this version of 0.9, so I would advise to not using it, or doing so at your own risk unless I'm corrected otherwise, as I'm assuming the recommendation from before applied to the non-meloo fix version of SS. So we now run the installer (as administrator mode, if it isn't already) and also make sure to turn UAC off just in case beforehand, then go through the usual route. Pick your root folder and let everything extract, waiting ever-so-patiently. Once it does, make sure to wait for the verifier to do it's job. It's important, because the first time I extracted SS, I got some bad files, but doing it a second time fixed everything back to normal. Once you get the blue OK, you can close the window and continue with the installation process. It'll ask you to first copy over all of your SS files, which you of course want to do. After your third wait of the day, once it's all done, I chose the optional music option and let the black window do it's job, before it told me it's all done. Great! However, we're not ACTUALLY done.

For some reasons unknown, if we are to open the setup right now and enable all of the submods, we might get a nice bunch of errors when we click OK in the setup. Those would be the "Error while processing (submod.txt) that all lead to data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt, stating that there isn't an ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS line. So what does that mean? That means we have to go into that folder, and open it up in your choice of text editor.

Now, forgive me on not knowing how to properly format this, but you'll be looking for two things in particular. Within the campaign_script.txt, we're searching for
    ;============ TITANIUM ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ==============;
    as well as
    ;================= ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ==================;

The problem may not be as evident at first, it was a head scratcher for myself, but the solution is simpler than it seems. The issue is in reality that there are spaces before the line. That's right, all we got to do is remove the spaces in front of those two headers, as well as the two above and below them. So instead of looking like this

;=======================================================;

both additional scripts and titanium scripts have to look something more like this

That's really it, remove the spaces for the 3 columns for additional and titanium scripts. Make sure to save your work, but it's not just done yet. We also, just in case, want to do the same in the backup files. The backup folder is located under data\campaign, and here we will find three copies. For me, it was under:

\mods\Titanium\data\campaign\backup\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    \mods\Titanium\data\campaign\early\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    \mods\Titanium\data\campaign\early1139\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

then, once you find all 3 campaign_script.txt's (or just ctrl+F for the file name under the campaign folder) you apply the same fix in a text editor, that being removing the spaces in front of the 3 columns, 6 in total for each text file.

NOW we're finally able to run the setup for Titanium! And make sure to run it as admin, and have UAC off just in case. You should be able to enable all of your beloved submods here, press OK, wait for all the mods to initialize and then press save and exit! Don't worry if you get the Kingdoms error as I did, simply run the game from steam, in my case it would be using --features.mod=mods/Titanium as starting properties, and everything should work just fine!

Finally, there is a small issue with the year and season not showing up above the map in the campaign. Normally, this would be fixed by simply ensuring that the default.cfg has this option set to 1 under:

[misc]
    show_hud_date = 1

another thing to check is to make sure that all 4 of the descr_strat files have show_date_as_turns within it. If that's the case, and it still doesn't show, then I'm afraid it might be an issue with SS itself, as I haven't found how to get it to work. However, a quick workaround is to simply press O while in the game (or enter your faction menu while in the map by other means, such as clicking your flag) and then looking at the year option, which should display it there without any problem. At that point, it would just be up to you to ensure that winter isn't creeping up on you!

That should be everything, I hope I saved some people a lot of time in helping get this great mod up and running, and I wish to thank Gigantus one more time for the help he's been in both discovering the issues and explaining to me the most optimal way to get everything up and running. I'll try and help if any other issues arise, and maybe there'll be a response as to how to get the date and season HUD to show up above the map, but the temporary workaround should do it. Now get playing!

That worked well, thanks!
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Downloaded fine, went through the setup fine, game opened, selected faction (Sicily) but the moment I try to go into the first battle, it freezes. Every time.

Anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn_47 View Post
    Downloaded fine, went through the setup fine, game opened, selected faction (Sicily) but the moment I try to go into the first battle, it freezes. Every time.

Anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? Cheers!
    Managed to get the game going, but there are very frequent CTD's (not the graphics related one), reading through all replies here I don't appear to have seen a fix, only the comment about the size of saves adding up which could potentially cause crashes after a while. Has there been an update lately fixing this, or is there any other fix?

I fear I'll have to go back to regular Stainless Steel, which crashes far less frequently, which would be a shame given how positive the reviews have been for this mod.