Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [Call of Warhammer - Rage of the Dark Gods 1.6] The End Times

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [Call of Warhammer - Rage of the Dark Gods 1.6] The End Times

Credits goes for Gigantus for his own version
    of the original Call of Warhammer, Rage of the Dark Gods.

"The Three-Eyed King has long awaited this moment, the hour of which his destiny is at last unveiled. He leads an army of madness and rage, against which no sane being would willingly stand. Perhaps I am not sane, as I will fight one last time. Not for victory, but for survival, for the hope that a spark can endure. It is a slender hope, and the laughter of the Dark Gods rings loud in my ears.....These are the End Times..."

Welcome to the first official Main Section hosted Warhammer Gaming Staff Event. This will use the format of the 1 vs many scenario, which people wanted to experience. I will be the challenger of the players of the Empire. Can they stand againts me or will they fail?
    The Empire of men is on the brink of extinction in these dark times. Savage hordes are attacking the borders and internal heretic cults and beastmens ravages the lands. The tides of Greenskins from the far east are now preparing for a new WAAAGHHH and while the world slowly engulfed in war an old, evil and dangerous powers rising in the far north and ready to unleash the tide of utter destruction.
    The Chaos Gods chosed their new Chosen Champion, Archeon! Under his leadership the hordes of warriors under chaos are now assembling and soon will pour onto the old world. Only the soldiers of the Empire stands in their way! Do the Empire has the power to resist or will they fall in the darkness!

Mod:
    We will be using the Rage of the Dark Gods 1.6 version. For full installation just download this and unzip/unrar it into your mod folder.

Factions
    The Grand Principality of Reikland -
    Mergor
    The Grand County of Wissenland - Ramble12
    The Grand County of Averland - AdmiralThrawn
    The Grand County of Stirland - Arbo
    The Grand Duchies of Middenheim and Middenland - Open (subbed by Ramble)
    The Grand Duchy of Talabecland - paladinbob123
    The Grand Principality of Ostland - (subbed by paladinbob123)
    The League of Ostermark - Mergor
    The Grand Barony of Hochland - Open (
    paladinbob123)
    The Grand Barony of Nordland - Captain Melon

Enemy Horde Factions - Dragon.
    Greenskins
    Hordes of Chaos

Main Admin -
    Dragon.
    Co-Admin: King Athelstan

The Goal for the Empire players is to survive the onslaught of the outsider forces and stand their ground as long as they can.
    The Empire alliance loses, if Altdorf is lost and Karl Franz is killed.
    Karl Franz must be in the fights or atleast in 1 turn range of the fights. He is the exemplary leader of Sigmar and the men of the Empire. His presence is needed in the battlefield in these dark times.

The Empire alliance wins, if they manages to kill Grimgor Ironhide leader of the Orc WAAAAGGGHHHH armies and the Chosen Champion of the Chaos Gods, Archeon, the Everchosen and controls over atleast half of the Em
    pire territories.

Roleplaying is not essential part, but to create the dark feeling of this world would be most enjoyable for some, therefore those who like to make RP are welcomed and encouraged here.

The Rules

- Time for you to play your turn is 48hr. The Admin may grant a 24h extension occasionally.

- No exploits/bugs allowed.

Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.
    - Suiciding a faction you play is not allowed, and may result into a removal from all GS events.

- List of known bugs:
    1) The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort's or a settlement's Zone of Control.

2) Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.

3) Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.

4) Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

5) Attacking ships inside the port - Attacking ships that are inside ports is not allowed.

6) Recruitment pool fill up - Quing up units in the recruitment sloots to increase artifically units/agents maximum number you can recruit in one settlement.

7) Recruting mercenaries in forts with depleted movement points - Using forts to get illegal maximum movement points to mercenaries in a depleted army.

8) Using ships to get more movement range - Using ships to give more movement range to armies on seas.

Military rules

- All battles are auto-resolved between players. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement. Manual battles against AI however is allowed.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Armies standing in a settlement when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    Heroic victories against players are not be allowed. However, occasionally it happens player cant get any other type of victory then heroic victory. In such cases heroic victories may be allowed, but only if the odds are higher for the attacker than 1:1.
    - You are not allowed to post a defeat, if its only sending small amount of units to inflict loses on a larger army.
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile closer to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Limit of 3 forts per region per player. At least 4 units per fort are required.
    - Each unit of siege equipments/cannons can be used just once in each turn to take settlement or fort.
    Crusade/Jihad (WAAAAGGGHHHH) are not allowed!

Agent rules

- Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 40% chance of entering into the settlement and 2 spy is needed to open gates. If a spy was has been in city for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement and enter it again. If inside the settlement is at least 900 soldiers , than a spy may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided.
    - Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 50% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins/spies just 30% is required. Screenshots must be provided
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required

- Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn. You can bribe only settlements/forts that your armies can directly march into.

Settlement rules

-In order to Destroy any buildings you must have held control of the settlement for at least 3 turns.
    - You may not destroy a building if the settlement is under siege or an overwhelming enemy force is 1 turn away.
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    -You can trade only one settlements with all of your allies. However, you can give back all of the starting settlements of a faction, if you reconquer them from the enemies of the Empire.
    -Whenever a settlement is gifted, disband all but 1 unit.

Special Rules

These rules only apply to the chaos faction. The level of chaos cult religion in the territories of settlements apply different effects.
    If the level of chaos cult religion is 25% or above chaos agents (spies, assassins) are free to move in and do their jobs. The agent rules above will apply to them for now. Moreover chaos horde armies will more likely show up in greater numbers.
    If the level of chaos cult religion is 50% or above, daemons from the warp can
    materialize in our physical world. Daemons may spawn irregularly in the nearby territory and chaos armies with great variety of daemons will show up. Empire generals with 4 or less piety can be bribed by the chaos horde to join their side.
    If the level of chaos cult religion is 75% or above, the territory is now under almost full control of chaos. More daemons will spawn in and the more powerful and greater Daemons and Daemon Princes can arrive now into the physical world. Generals can be now assassinated by chaos assassins and will need atleast 50% to do so. Chaos spies can now open gates with atleast 30% chance and only one spy needed to open the gates.

The Reward

- 3 best members of the victorious alliance by score shall receive a small amount of rep reward, gaming medal and signature.
    Otherwise the challenger/admin faction player wins.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; February 10, 2020 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Title update

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [GS Event] The End Times - Warhammer Hotseat

I would like to ask the people, who said reserved spots in the other thread to clarify here again, if they wish to participate.

Other than this it is now allowed to discuss some points of the hotseat. Use the test save to get with somethings familiar and of course to check if it works.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

I was one of those who asked for a reserved spot here
    Will check the mod later. Do we randomize the factions or not?

I have a couple questions:
    So you control Orcs and Chaos only, other factions besides ones controlled by Empire players (Sylvana, Beastmen) are AI? By what score do you choose the best Empire players? I guess their position in Overall rankings?
    If Empire loses, then there is no winner, I guess?

So after a quick look I'd prefer The Grand County of Wissenland. I'd take a closer look tomorrow.

I'd stay as Wissenland.
    Last edited by Ramble12; August 24, 2017 at 01:04 PM.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I sure wish to play. I'll have to check out the mod to pick a faction though, if allowed to.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

I'm still newblood (as no one has told me otherwise). Can I join this one?

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm still interested.

edit: I'd love to RP as Karl with Reikland. Averland also looks interesting. I like the idea of kingdom building with a large income. Other than those 2, I'd prefer a faction in a difficult position.

I don't mind random factions if other players prefer it.
    Last edited by cowcow; August 22, 2017 at 07:18 AM.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Still here and still interested.

EDIT: I'll take Ostland only Ostland
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; August 22, 2017 at 07:42 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

If the Empire loses I will be the winner.

It will be score based, if the Empire wins, but I will take other informations in aswell, like if someone was holding himself for a really long time, with not much, that can give an advantage.

I am fine with people picking or randomizing the factions. You have to work together, so I don't think it matters that much. Also because of this I can see it working that there are experienced players and youngbloods here aswell.

Every other faction is under AI control. If enough people wants to join I can spare 2 more spot for actual players on the side of light.

Also a clarification. Altdorf is the capital of Reikland and the Empire and Karl Franz, the Emperor is with Reikland faction aswell. Whoever takes them, he should be the leader of the alliance/team. Karl must be go wherever is an enemy of the empire. In the start he can do fight againts rebels and beastmen, but when the orks show up and chaos he must actively have to go to the borders, where these threats are present. You can choose wherever you go in case there is an ork attack east and a chaos attack north, but he must be close to one of it.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; August 22, 2017 at 01:41 AM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i want in

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I might actually go for Stirland... Seems like a heck of a challenge but I look forward to manually sending the Vamps back to their graves

Are there still spots open

Gaming Emeritus

There are still open spots here. You are the 7th Amon so far.

I would also like to play if still possible. I'll have to download and look at the factions before I pick, or if randomized then that is also fine by me.
    Last edited by Shreklayers; August 22, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

I will play as i reserved a spot here

Seeing as hoiw no one answered my question, I take it as a no?

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStarkFTW View Post
    Seeing as hoiw no one answered my question, I take it as a no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    Also because of this I can see it working that there are experienced players and youngbloods here aswell.

oh jeez. Well this is awkward lmao

Gaming Emeritus

You can take a spot here HouseStark.

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

After some reflection, I'd like to join this one. The 1vmany format seems really fun.

Gaming Emeritus

Then we are full. I everyone pick a faction from himself, as Hannibal and Arbo already picked one. I can ready up the starting save tomorrow.

Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast