Thread: Chaos is garbage.

Icon8 Chaos is garbage.

Hey, if you like frustration, tedium, and bad game mechanics, then you should definitely play the Chaos campaign!

It features:

• Always being outnumbered at least 2 to 1.
    • Constantly being on the brink of losing due to having only one army and no settlements.
    • Attrition when your armies are next to one another, so good luck reinforcing your main army during battles.
    • Every faction in the game chasing you around the map constantly.
    • A pathetic amount of army replenishment so you will be camping half the time.
    • Armies that you can actually beat running away and hiding in the nearest fully garrisoned T5 settlement.

Do you want to feel like you are leading an unstoppable horde of evil to burn the southern lands?

Well, too bad, because you will only have one army for most of the campaign.

And then when you do recruit another army, the general can't recruit any good units. So you'll have to use your main army to do that but then you will get attrition when you get close to transfer units.

It is a real enjoyable experience overall, I tell you what.

If you actually want a faction which is like how Chaos actually should play, there's always Norsca.
    Last edited by jahjeremy; August 21, 2017 at 05:16 AM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Chaos is garbage.

I have 5 1/2 armies running together now.

Just don't use marauder units.

Post Norsca patch, I can now play like the AI plays.

The trick is that to let the new recruited general lead sieges so their hordes grow faster. I have 3 armies by 100 turns, now getting the 6th one so I can send 3 each against Dwarfs and VC, the only big favtions left in the campaign while having 4 vassals running errands attacking lone settlements and smaller factions.
    Last edited by LestaT; August 21, 2017 at 07:49 PM.

Well, I restarted with Sigvald on Hard now, and cheesed it by destroying the first building and then getting the one for Chaos Warriors. Then I made a beeline for Empire and knocked them out, and now I'm working on Brettonia.

It isn't very satisfying somehow. I feel like my play style is somewhat constrained, and getting Chaos Warriors right away feels like cheating. (Almost turn 80 and I have only 3 buildings!)

I'll get Kholek next I guess and fill his army with Hellcannons and Dragon Ogres for Dwarf killing.

Still one of my least favorite factions, but I guess I know how to not lose miserably now.

Maybe, but Chaos is easy to handle. Certainly VC are a much more difficult race for beginners
    Maybe, but Chaos is easy to handle. Certainly VC are a much more difficult race for beginners

Destroying the Marauders building and getting Chaos Warriors makes it MUCH easier. Then just sack/raid for awhile building up cash and the growth of the first horde, getting a couple Norscan vassals helps alot with replenishment but isn't actually necessary. Recruit 2nd Lord transfer army of the first Lord (if you recruit next to him you can transfer and move away same turn only suffering little bit of attrition). Recruit new army with original Lord but let new Lord initiate battles/sieges for a couple turns to rank up then with the high XP units of the starting army even a rank 5-6 Lord can win any battle you'll face before turn 80 or so and 95% of battles for the entire campaign. Repeat to raise a 3rd horde- now nothing can stop you.

You can win with a single horde but it takes a bit longer. Two hordes is the fastest win I think since 1 can focus Empire and 1 Bretonnia. Three hordes is just a bit easier and feels more like an invasion.