Thread: King dies - Game cheats?

Default King dies - Game cheats?

Hey guys,

So my king just died. In the turn before his death, ALL my armies had integrity 100 and the modifiers were positive (peace with everyone and inside my borders).

In the turn after his death, the integrity of ALL my forces went to 32-35 for no reason, and the game told me that they would rebel next turn, because there is turbulence which gives them -75 integrity.

The question is simple:

I understand that if a long reigning king dies, there must be turbulence. I even accept the -75, even though I find it too much.

But come on. Why does the game lower everyone's integrity by 70-75, and then tells you that another -75 will occur? This is -150 integrity, where the limit is 100. This means that EVERY SINGLE time that a faction leader dies, civil war will be obligatory. You can't combat -150 integrity.

Is this natural? Maybe it's a bug? I am really concerned why my armies went from 100 to 35, and the -75 penalty still occurs next turn. This cannot be intended...

Right?

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: King dies - Game cheats?

Never experienced anything like that. Are you playing with mods?

Yes, I use various mods, most of which are dead now and I can't ask them for help.

But your reply made me realize that it's not a vanilla issue. So I downloaded the Pack File Manager and found the -75 penalty in integrity. Switched it to -40 for 2 turns (=-80). Pretty harsh, but it's not unplayable and fictional as the -150 penalty.

Thanks for the reply.

When it's that bad, it's probably due to the King's successor being poor. Check to see if the successor has any unusual circumstances. For example, if the new King has lower influence than another person in the family, then that could be a huge problem. Ideally, the new king should have significantly higher influence than any others.