Thread: Missing law bonuses?

Align's Avatar Laetus

Default Missing law bonuses?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1115077162
    According to this screen, building the library will reduce corruption, but not increase law. There doesn't seem to be a difference when I move the governor out, so it isn't his traits.
    I checked with process_cq Thospia, and the library did indeed reduce corruption when finished. But I didn't see an increase in law until I tried building a shrine of Ahura Mazda (which provides +1 law). Looking at some of my other settlements, I found one (Asaak) with 25% law - it had a learning center (+3), temple of AM (+2), and a governor with good traits (+8). Moving the governor out dropped the law bonus to nothing, so it seems like the settlement had a hidden -8 law penalty??

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Missing law bonuses?

For every key historic capitols (settlement which have monument say that by control it would deal crippling blow to faction) you hold, they would -2 law and +happiness factionwide each. That is how your law vanished into thin air.

You could reduced effect to -1 law, +1 happiness factionwide by use government type "Allied Tributary".
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Align's Avatar Laetus

I mean if it increases happiness by just as much and still reduces corruption it doesn't seem to matter much...

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

From the picture uploaded. I can see you own 4 foreign Capitals (Baktrian, Armenian, Pontic, Seleucid) so assuming you went for factional government and not Regional allied Tributary, you should have -8 to law (-40%) factionwide so anything less than that does not show in the UI but still works as intended. Hence the 25% showing up in Asaak.

This is a part of the XC anti-snowballing system, to prevent insane amounts of money from accumulating. If you feel you are short on money you could replace the government building or let a few capitals rebel altogether. On the other hand, too much money can cause corruption and negative traits among your generals and governors.

Align's Avatar Laetus

Ah, so the negative law also means more base corruption in every city? Hm, that'd put a dampener on the economy alright.