Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Barcelona Attack

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Default Re: Barcelona Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Telamon View Post
    Terrorism is theatre, as they say. It is supposed to elicit an emotional response, to strip you of reason and critical thinking. It's a shame so many here are willing to indulge in it.
    What would be a reasonable response? To claim that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam and that you are not afraid, just to get murdered in a couple of months or years again?

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    What would be a reasonable response? To claim that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam and that you are not afraid, just to get murdered in a couple of months or years again?
    I think his response would be open borders and dismantling of any anti-terror police, since you know, it is only "theatre".
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Again? How many times can someone get murdered?

The chances of getting killed in a terror attack is so remote that it's not worth getting heated up about. In Germany you have a 1 in 23,234,378 chance. Source:

https://www.cato.org/blog/european-t...being-murdered

So please, do yourself a favour and calm down before you hurt yourself.

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeft View Post

The chances of getting killed in a terror attack is so remote that it's not worth getting heated up about. In Germany you have a 1 in 23,234,378 chance. Source:

https://www.cato.org/blog/european-t...being-murdered

Really? Because a single person has a small chance of personally being the victim we should do nothing? I guess you would have said the same of stalins purges or nazi death camps. "Hey aslong as it isn't me, who cares".
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Steve Gern:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cniQKiPl3qw

"They (muslims) are very good at manipulation. They can manipulate just about anyone.... they can tell you what they want you to hear and they can keep that up for many many years. And then, eventually when it's time, they'll do what they believe is right. And if that is to hurt an American, or hurt many of us atone time, they're going to do it".

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
    Really? Because a single person has a small chance of personally being the victim we should do nothing? I guess you would have said the same of stalins purges or nazi death camps. "Hey aslong as it isn't me, who cares".
    No, that's not what I said at all. What I said was the chances statistically are so remote that getting heated up about it is daft. To give my post context, as I said earlier in Germany there is a currently a 1 in 23,234,378 of getting killed in a terror attack. Whereas you have a 1 in 11,000,000 chance of dying in a plane crash and a 1 in 685,000 chance of drowning in the bath.

To say that we do nothing is incorrect. But at the same time, over-reacting is worse. The whole point of these attacks is to force a knee-jerk reaction.

So please, calm down.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Can the dead claim anything instead? I am refering to the Spanish people as a whole.

The chances of getting killed in a terror attack is so remote that it's not worth getting heated up about.
    Tell that the corpses.

Terrorism is only the tip of the iceberg, since only few have the guts to actually kill infidels. More support them in secret or at least admire the mujahidin-ideology, and even more cause other problems, mostly due to, as due to my theory, religion-caused failed integration, leading to criminality and racism. Especially Turks and Arabs are affected by this problem, and it's a huge one.

Considering your name I assume you are left. Therefore I suggest you to actually inform yourself about Islam and its worldview outside of Islamic propaganda websites. You might be shocked, since it might remind you on a certain political ideology towards you are probably not too well-disposed

To not be terrorised. To not indulge in fear and hatred because of highly infrequent actions committed by a tiny minority. To not blame an entire religion for the actions of less than 1% of its members. Simply, to endure. What else can you do? There is no easy solution and it will take a long time to develop an effective response, one that is only hindered by people panicking and calling for counterproductive measures.
    When the doctrine of allegiance to party can utterly up-end a man's moral constitution and make a temporary fool of him besides, what excuse are you going to offer for preaching it, teaching it, extending it, perpetuating it? Shall you say, the best good of the country demands allegiance to party? Shall you also say it demands that a man kick his truth and his conscience into the gutter, and become a mouthing lunatic, besides?
    Mark Twain

To not be terrorised. To not indulge in fear and hatred because of highly infrequent actions committed by a tiny minority. To not blame an entire religion for the actions of less than 1% of its members. Simply, to endure. What else can you do? There is no easy solution and it will take a long time to develop an effective response, one that is only hindered by people panicking and calling for counterproductive measures.
    One very simple and effective would be to stop or atleast lessen and control more the huge influx of islamic "refugees" coming here in millions without proper IDs (if any) or any knowledge if they come directly from ISIS lands with ISIS jihad ideology brainwashing. We don't have to be the social office of the whole world from Bangladesh to MENA area, of people coming from culture that is mostly against integration rather than for it. Especially in light of massive population boom expected to happen in Africa, in 60 years it went from 450million to 1,2billion and estimates are for 2,5bil in 2050s and onwards. And seeing how the continent is still unstable, relying on western food aid and countries like Niger having 10 kids being the dream of women there, all of it leading to completely unsustainable situation that needs to be tackled some other way than just taking small amount of em, but huge amount for us europeans, of em here.

Border control, and recognising the issues there are with people coming from very different culture, with fairly low chances of integration or getting even a job. And now this 2010s ISIS terror wave has started to even affect strongly 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants with muslim background as many of the terrorists in 2015-2017 been such.

Eastern European countries with no muslim refugees in masses have NO problems at all like this, so the cause and effect is very easy to see what is it that leads to these strikes.

Sweden is prime example of what naive open borders mentality leads to taking in masses of people above the levels your country's infrastructure can handle. There are now lots of no-go-zones where police have to enter in riot gear and are like perfect petri dishes for growth of bad kind of islamic extremism to appear within the disillusioned islamic people that feels separated from the main society. And documentaries like the one from Denmark show their Imams are even openly pushing this kind of division and avoidance of any sign of integration.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Apparently in the gatherings in barcelona they are shouting "we are not afraid".

Indeed, Westerners they should direct their hatred and outrage against the real culprits here - inept, corrupt and treasonous Western globalist governments, who mass-import potential terrorists, rapists and other criminals from violent theocratic societies. It feels like Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and a few other countries are the only ones remaining with sane governments.

Terrorism is only the tip of the iceberg, since only few have the guts to actually kill infidels. More support them in secret or at least admire the mujahidin-ideology, and even more cause other problems, mostly due to, as due to my theory, religion-caused failed integration, leading to criminality and racism. Especially Turks and Arabs are affected by this problem, and it's a huge one.
    Firstly, source? Secondly. Terrorism is only the tip of the iceberg? And there are bigger problems than people getting killed? So people supporting causes in secret and thinking is a bigger issue? OK wow, I suppose we really should set up the Right-Wing Thought Police then. Thirdly, you complain about 'religion-caused failed integration, leading to criminality and racism', then in the very next sentence make a sweeping statement about an entire race of people. Do you really not see the irony of that silly statement?

Considering your name I assume you are left. Therefore I suggest you to actually inform yourself about Islam and its worldview outside of Islamic propaganda websites. You might be shocked, since it might remind you on a certain political ideology towards you are probably not too well-disposed
    I'll tell you a little secret, all extremist politics is rubbish, hateful nonsense. Doesn't matter whether it is extreme left, right, Christian or Muslim, extremism spreads only hate and intolerance. So I'm sure you'll forgive me if I don't check out Breibart or whatever bigoted nonsense you'd have me read.
    Last edited by Tiberios; August 19, 2017 at 01:50 AM. Reason: off topic

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    What you are describing, if true, is the exception, and not the rule. The point is, Christians and Muslims cannot coexist, and that's that. Islam has no place in the West.
    Majority of, if not the overwhelming majority of, Muslim-majority states have active churches. What's your understanding of the word "exception" ?

Christians and Muslims coexisted for centuries. They only locally ceased to do so because of the kind of bigotry you're arguing in favor of.
    The Armenian Issue

This is a thread about a terrorist attack in Barcelona. If you want to comment and examine the incidents in Finland, Germany or anywhere else, then please either post a new thread about them or use the stickied "Discussion and Debate Community" thread. The same applies for any other post, which is not related to the topic. ~Abdülmecid I

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Oh, and btw, Muizer, do you also agree with this?

If Islam alt right were the problem, we'd be having millions of attacks on a daily basis. Any unbiased person would deduce from the numbers that islamic alt right extremism is not representative of muslims alt right in general. There is only one explanation why people are trying to blame Islam alt right in general and that's people looking for an excuse to rail against religious and ethnic minorities political groups that they hate anyway.

It's your post, just with a few modifications. Double standards, anyone?

It's sad testimony to the level of these discussions that you'd feel the need to preemptively accuse people of double standards. : Alt-righters should not be required to disassociate themselves from the actions of a few fanatics any more than muslims.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

You can ask Gerry Adams, he can readily explain it to you.

Therefore I suggest you to actually inform yourself about Islam and its worldview outside of Islamic propaganda websites. You might be shocked, since it might remind you on a certain political ideology towards you are probably not too well-disposed
    What kind of ed-up geek world do we live in where the only knowledge we have about people is via websites.What about the more effective rational way through the usual discourse through work, conversation, recreation, or if it takes ones fancy, sleeping with them.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; August 19, 2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Off-topic.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourteen Words View Post
    You're the one who just made an off-topic post which made no mention of the thread subject in any way whatsoever. People only tend to do that when they suspect they are losing the argument.

I will make one concession: Their being muslim is not the only thing the terrorists have in common. Many (though by no means all) of these muslim terrorists tend to come from a criminal background. But again, this is due to islam. Muslims are inbred, they marry their first cousins because the Koran explicitly tells them it's good for them to do so. There is a proven link between inbreeding and low IQ, and there is a proven link between low IQ and a predilection for a life of petty crime.

It's not off topic.

Highlighting ignorance regarding your assumptions about the lifestyles, backgrounds and sources of authority of Muslims engaging in these attacks is all I did. Your partial concession and attempting to shift goalposts to pseudo historical drivel is proof of this. Your attempt at trying to link their craven evidently un-Islamic lifestyles to Islam prior to their violence is comical. A catch-22 for Muslims really.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...he-new-jihadis

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    To summarise: the typical radical is a young, second-generation immigrant or convert, very often involved in episodes of petty crime, with practically no religious education, but having a rapid and recent trajectory of conversion/reconversion, more often in the framework of a group of friends or over the internet than in the context of a mosque. The embrace of religion is rarely kept secret, but rather is exhibited, but it does not necessarily correspond to immersion in religious practice. The rhetoric of rupture is violent – the enemy is kafir, one with whom no compromise is possible – but also includes their own family, the members of which are accused of observing Islam improperly, or refusing to convert.

At the same time, it is obvious that the radicals’ decision to identify with jihad and to claim affiliation with a radical Islamic group is not merely an opportunistic choice: the reference to Islam makes all the difference between jihad and the other forms of violence that young people indulge in. Pointing out this pervasive culture of violence does not amount to “exonerating” Islam. The fact that these young people choose Islam as a framework for thought and action is fundamental, and it is precisely the Islamisation of radicalism that we must strive to understand.

Every practicing Muslim would be running you and your alt right friends over if the reason for this new wave of terror was as reductive as "Islam made them do it".

Your so called analysis doesn't explain the relative absence of this nihilistic fanaticism among prior generations of the same western Muslim populations.

Ps. How do Near Eastern Jews factor into your theories on barbarism and cousin marriage?
    Last edited by alhoon; August 19, 2017 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Off topic part removed

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Barcelona and Cambrils attackers planned bigger atrocity, say police

Citizens from at least 34 countries, including France, Belgium, Germany, Venezuela, Australia, Ireland, Peru, Algeria and China, have been injured or killed, according to Catalan authorities.
    This is not just an attack on Spain, this is an attack on the civilized world!

King Mohammed VI of Morocco also condemned the attack, probably just taqiyya, we'll see if he's willing to take the necessary steps.

The chances of getting killed in a terror attack is so remote that it's not worth getting heated up about.
    To not be terrorised. To not indulge in fear and hatred because of highly infrequent actions committed by a tiny minority. To not blame an entire religion for the actions of less than 1% of its members. Simply, to endure.
    So, let them kill as many as they want of us, we will STILL persist in the same policies that enabled them to kill us. Like sheep to the slaughter, we should just "endure" and "not worry about it".
    Well, no.
    How many attacks were there before the muslims invaded our countries? ZERO. I, for one, don't think that european lives are cheap. And of course we're not just talking about the terrorist acts, we are talking about everyday rapes murders, drug dealing, and such. What GOOD came out of this mass immigration stupidity? NOTHING. What did the western countries gain from the hordes of useless narcissistic benefit tourists that we piled up here? NOTHING.

I say again, let there be referenda in each and every european country. Then we'll see who's who. Why do the elites deny the people that right? Aren't they all for democracy?

Christians and Muslims coexisted for centuries.
    No, they have not. End of story. Europe is OUR home, we don't want Islam in here. Our home, our rules.
    And don't tell me of peaceful coexistence. No there is no such thing. All the Balkan nations (with the exception of Albania) ing rebelled against the "peaceful coexistence" and won their freedom. If that is your view of "peaceful coexistence": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYbPy9YZqTw

we don't want it. Watch it, this is what Pakistani Christians, a minority, of course, suffer in Pakistan. Why should we let the muslim Pakistanis in our countries?

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

No, they have not. End of story. Europe is OUR home, we don't want Islam in here. Our home, our rules.
    And don't tell me of peaceful coexistence. No there is no such thing. All the Balkan nations (with the exception of Albania) ing rebelled against the "peaceful coexistence" and won their freedom. If that is your view of "peaceful coexistence": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYbPy9YZqTw

we don't want it. Watch it, this is what Pakistani Christians, a minority, of course, suffer in Pakistan. Why should we let the muslim Pakistanis in our countries?
    Let me know when you can actually address my post.
    The Armenian Issue