Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6.5 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.2 [11.02.2018]

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1 [26.8.2017]

Quote Originally Posted by Aphain View Post
    I have found the bug. Just copy this file into your "Medieval2/mods/WotN/data/world/map/base" folder and overwrite the previous file.

Attachment 348087

Dear Aphain,

fantastic! This works now! Thank you very much!!

Greets

Marc

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1 [26.8.2017]

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    weird.. -> .menu has music.. battle has music ..
    campaing map -> no music!!
    (deleted events.dat & events.idx & map.rwm)

same with 3.1 wotn with and without rf1.6
    Must be only you then..

3.1 has no such problems.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Dear Aphain,

fantastic! This works now! Thank you very much!!

Greets

Marc
    Good, this will then be included in version 1.7.

Cheers, Aphain

Dear Aphain,

it's only my personal opinion, but it is not too much effort I would
    ask if you could change the color of the sea at the campaing/stratmap in the next patch (or tell me how I can do that)
    from the lightblue in darkblue like I think it is more realistic

http://muc1.framepool.com/shotimg/96...s-nordmeer.jpg

Thank you and many greets

Marc

Dear Aphain,

it's only my personal opinion, but it is not too much effort I would
    ask if you could change the color of the sea at the campaing/stratmap in the next patch (or tell me how I can do that)
    from the lightblue in darkblue like I think it is more realistic

http://muc1.framepool.com/shotimg/96...s-nordmeer.jpg

Thank you and many greets

Marc
    Hi there,

sadly I do not know how to alter the map/change the color of the ocean.
    If you are interested in that I would suggest you check out the modding
    section here in the forums: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...r-Mod-Workshop
    If you can figure it out just contact me: We can then implement it in the
    new version.

Cheers, Aphain

Dear Aphain,

i searched the forum and also tried the "geomod" but I didn't find the option to change the
    color of the sea :-(

Greets

Marc

to alter sea colour:
    Medieval II Total War\mods\WotN\data\terrain\aerial_map\sea\colour.tga
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    to alter sea colour:
    Medieval II Total War\mods\WotN\data\terrain\aerial_map\sea\colour.tga
    thank you..

so this file colour.tga has 0 bytes and can't be opened :-(

the file colour.tga.dds is shown as grey ... but the sea on stratmap is lightblue..
    should I change the grey into darker grey??
    Thank you in advance

Greets Marc

i was mistaken. it seems that the file to edit would be \world\maps\base\water_surface.tga
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

i was mistaken. it seems that the file to edit would be \world\maps\base\water_surface.tga
    Thanks for the info, I will have a look into it on monday (I'm currently not at home).

Cheers, Aphain

Dear absinthia,

now this works! Thank you. The colors won't be 1:1 on the stratmap. I changed brightness, contrast and Gamma
    but that change was not shown on the stratmap. The change of the color is shown 50% on the stratmap (which is a bit crazy)
    Maybe there is a script which is responsible for some color/brightness/contrast changes, too?!

Anyway it looks now "okay" for me.

my changes of hue and color balance have been for 50% transmitted on the stratmap
    \world\maps\base\water_surface.tga

just changed it to darker blue and more blue less red
    than deleted the map.rwm and started a new campaing

Thanks all for your help!

Greets

Marc

One last question.. there is a blood-mod included in this mod but I am missing "dirt"
    so do you know how to add dirt textures?

Thank you in advance

Greets

Marc

PS: Playing with the franks for a couple of turns .. no CTDs and no silver surfers. Just great fun! Thank you!

One last question.. there is a blood-mod included in this mod but I am missing "dirt"
    so do you know how to add dirt textures?

Thank you in advance

Greets

Marc

PS: Playing with the franks for a couple of turns .. no CTDs and no silver surfers. Just great fun! Thank you!
    Dirt will just make the models look ugly and all the details will be lost.

The quality go down when the dirt effects are added.. They will look like .
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Dirt will just make the models look ugly and all the details will be lost.

The quality go down when the dirt effects are added.. They will look like .

Dear Mr Nygren,

thank you for your opinion maybe I would like to try it anyway.
    The blood & dirt mod from crimson tide is not compatible.., or?
    If you know the solution it would be very kind if you tell me..

Thank you
    &
    Greets

Marc

as far as i remember it is only texture located in \data\overlaytextures, so should be wholly compatible.
    i believe that there are no text file connected with the effects, rather that effects are removed by blanking out the corresponding texture files. to edit effects you need a texture converter/re-converter tool from the workshop and a image editor.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Dear absinthia,

okay I will now try to copy that textures from another kingdoms mod I have installed to this mod.
    thank you for your hint

Greets

Marc

Thanks for the info, I will have a look into it on monday (I'm currently not at home).

Cheers, Aphain
    Hello Aphain, how did you remove the Pope and crusade feature?

It is possibly the cause of the Grand Campaign crashing. I have removed the Papal States (East Francia) and added Ireland (new East Francia).

But the CTD still happens stating the target faction is unavailable for event 'pope call crusade'.

I really want to be rid of this feature as i blame it for the ctds.

You said it was the cause for your problems and that you removed it somehow?

Removing the Papals didn't help unless i've missed a file or something. So pls tell me how you fixed the pope problem in 3.1.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.0 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1

Hi there,

1. I have added 6 new buildings for the Franks: - 4 buildings represent the administration level of the region (from "Markgrafschaft" to "Kaiserpfalz")
    - 2 buildings represent the process of assembling Frankish Nobles
    2. I have removed saxons, normans, mongols, timurids and the papal_state from the files (the last one since the version I going to post after this post).
    I removed these because they led to errors on my side and blew the file size up which made modding harder for me. Especially the crusade mechanic led
    to a lot of warnings and errors. Furthermore I will treat the Frankish Empire not only as Saxony but as the whole kingdom, thus I didn't need the Pope anymore.

Cheers, Aphain
    So you did remove the text with Papal States? From what files exactly?

I left them there but replaced the faction. The crusade mechanic is causing trouble i believe. I would need the details as if it's fixed the Grand Campaign might get stable.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Hello Aphain, how did you remove the Pope and crusade feature?

It is possibly the cause of the Grand Campaign crashing. I have removed the Papal States (East Francia) and added Ireland (new East Francia).

But the CTD still happens stating the target faction is unavailable for event 'pope call crusade'.
    just to remind you how the system was set up.
    the papal faction is merely the emperor him self, the emperor (pope) is of-map and supposed to be immortal. this is a static faction without any holdings, characters etc. and only intended to call crusades and offer rewards.

HRE is the playable East Francia and the one to be modded/altered.

did this setup cause errors in the initial Baltic campaign or did they occur after modding the mod?
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

just to remind you how the system was set up.
    the papal faction is merely the emperor him self, the emperor (pope) is of-map and supposed to be immortal. this is a static faction without any holdings, characters etc. and only intended to call crusades and offer rewards.

HRE is the playable East Francia and the one to be modded/altered.

did this setup cause errors in the initial Baltic campaign or did they occur after modding the mod?
    Horsa changed that in the Grand Campaign - HRE became West Francia and Papals East.

I blame the crashes of the Grand Campaign on the Pope.

The guy who made the Francorum submod said he had to remove the Pope for his submod not to crash. I do believe the Grand Campaign might need the same.

I fixed alot of minor issues and re-added East Francia as Ireland yesterday. Using up a free slot instead of the Papals.

Mod has room for six new factions discounting the Pope. But they would need to be added from scratch.

The ctd hasn't stoped but may be less frequent. I tried following Gigantus advice but it did not solve the overall instability. I will get internet on my computer tommorrow and will post the log then.

3.1 had no issues, or vanilla as för ctds. But the Pope may be the cause of why the mod stops being CTD free after many changes.

In 3.1 i fixed issues and added custom settlements and Music. That worked well. But replacing the map or adding new building trees etc seems to mess up the stability of the mod.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 26, 2017 at 06:12 PM.

- The Havamal

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast