Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6.5 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.2 [11.02.2018]

Default [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6.5 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.2 [11.02.2018]

Hi everyone,

I made this submod for WotN 3.2 which is focused on the Frankish campaign but also changes
    stuff for other factions (I highly recommend to install this for everyone because it fixes a lot of stuff).

Regnum Francorum 1.6.5 (for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.2)

Features:
    - completely overhauled building tree (for all factions)
    - new buildings
    - special buildings in your capital (only settlement which can construct stone walls)
    - removed unused factions
    - cleaned up most files
    - important characters will spawn
    - new events
    - new ancillaries
    - new traits
    - new ships
    - new/updated texts
    - redone family tree
    - new settlement and region names for Frisian and Saxon Regions
    - new character names
    - fixed some bugs and a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes

Planned Features:
    - correction of all spelling/grammar mistakes
    - more cleaning up of the mod files
    - more events
    - reform into East-Francia after 843
    - more unique traits, ancillaries and buildings
    - region based recruiting system
    - more historical characters
    - missionary system
    - new units?

Credits:
    - the "1648: Thirty Years of War" mod team for some building pictures
    - Mr_Nygren for pointing out the "custom settlements not used" bug to me

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EG...12bJi9WWdxbgEl

Installation: (for Steam and non-Steam users)
    - install WoTN 3.2 from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-t...elease-beta-30

- go into your WotN mod folder and delete the "WotNbeta.bat" and "WotNbeta.cfg" files
    - download the submod
    - unzip the folder
    - copy the content into your WotN mod folder
    - if asked, overwrite all files
    - run the "Cleaner.bat" file once (double click)
    - start the mod by running the "WotN.bat" (you can create a shortcut for this file)

Cheers, Aphain
    Last edited by Aphain; September 11, 2018 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Update to Version 1.6.5

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.0 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1

Good job, gonna try it out later.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.0 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1

Have fun!
    I'm already working on a new version.

great stuff.
    just a few questions/notes.

1. the building tree, exactly what has been done in terms of overhaul and additional buildings?
    just curious.
    the existing building tree has not really been tested towards the AI and certainly not the various AI personalities, there are no telling how it works.
    the building tree was not made with regnum Francorum in mind.

2. which unused factions has been removed and how?
    the playable Regnum Francorum in WotN: Baltic is not ment to represent the whole frankish empire of Charlemange or even the kingdom of east Frankia, rather it is the duchy of Saxony. they where planed to rely mainly on the small regional Saxon, Anglian and Frisian rosters, with the occasional imperial troop mainly from completing missions until high tier buildings built in high level settlements.
    we used the papal faction to represent the central government (emperor/king), to declare crusade, offer revards and such functions.

if you like to continue work on this you might as well join the developer team and get access to the developer forum with a lot more information.
    in your user account on the left sidebar you find a link to edit your permission groups. click on it and you will find a lot of groups, among them Developer: Wrath of the Norsemen. apply there and i will accept it.

then you can find an administrator to make you local moderator of the WotN public forum so you can edit posts and such.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Hi there,

1. I have added 6 new buildings for the Franks: - 4 buildings represent the administration level of the region (from "Markgrafschaft" to "Kaiserpfalz")
    - 2 buildings represent the process of assembling Frankish Nobles for the recruitment of Heavy Cavalry which is linked to the administration level
    (for example only a "Herzogtum" can provide Milites Fideles and when a "Kaiserpfalz" is established the Emperor will sometimes visit the region
    thus allowing for the use of his Scara Sua)
    - the Kaiserpfalz can however only be established in your capital because it is the only settlement which can construct stone walls

The rest of the building tree was constructed around reality: for example you cannot construct a church without a wood worker -> you need wood for the construction.
    Another example would be that you cannot construct a Tavern without farmland because you need grain or wine to gain alcoholic beverages. The rest is for you to explore!

2. I have removed saxons, normans, mongols, timurids and the papal_state from the files (the last one since the version I going to post after this post).
    I removed these because they led to errors on my side and blew the file size up which made modding harder for me. Especially the crusade mechanic led
    to a lot of warnings and errors. Furthermore I will treat the Frankish Empire not only as Saxony but as the whole kingdom, thus I didn't need the Pope anymore.

3. I will gladly join the team however I don't want to work on the grand campaign for now because I actually like the Baltic version a lot.

Cheers, Aphain
    Last edited by Aphain; August 20, 2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: removed link to outdated version

Quote Originally Posted by Aphain View Post
    Hi there,

1. I have added 6 new buildings for the Franks: - 4 buildings represent the administration level of the region (from "Markgrafschaft" to "Kaiserpfalz")
    - 2 buildings represent the process of assembling Frankish Nobles for the recruitment of Heavy Cavalry which is linked to the administration level
    (for example only a "Herzogtum" can provide Milites Fideles and when a "Kaiserpfalz" is established the Emperor will sometimes visit the region
    thus allowing for the use of his Scara Sua)
    - the Kaiserpfalz can however only be established in your capital because it is the only settlement which can construct stone walls

The rest of the building tree was constructed around reality: for example you cannot construct a church without a wood worker -> you need wood for the construction.
    Another example would be that you cannot construct a Tavern without farmland because you need grain or wine to gain alcoholic beverages. The rest is for you to explore!

2. I have removed saxons, normans, mongols, timurids and the papal_state from the files (the last one since the version I going to post after this post).
    I removed these because they led to errors on my side and blew the file size up which made modding harder for me. Especially the crusade mechanic led
    to a lot of warnings and errors. Furthermore I will treat the Frankish Empire not only as Saxony but as the whole kingdom, thus I didn't need the Pope anymore.

3. I will gladly join the team however I don't want to work on the grand campaign for now because I actually like the Baltic version a lot.

Cheers, Nils

P.S. Here's the link to the new version: (I fixed a lot of bugs, removed the pope and cleaned up the files more) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...VRUVHBaemQzZE0
    Awesome that somebody is working on this after my latest update!

I am glad you chose 3.1 as a base.

As for buildings etc i never dare to touch those things out of fear CTD:s may start to happen. I once changed the starting positions and the game became unplayable after a few turns in.. But that was prior to me getting used to modify this game. I may try that again.

The Frankish Empire, i agree - should not only be Saxony.. Otherwise they should have been named as such - it's nice with one faction that is different.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Cool that you like it!

It is true that you have to be really precise when working on the building files but it's actually not that hard.
    I'm currently implementing new ancillaries and have improved the building tree once again.
    Furthermore I fixed an important bug: The Frankish Spearmen behaved oddly in battles (did not attack etc.)
    because they had a secondary weapon in the files although they had no skeleton for that in the modeldb database.
    Now they are working just fine (but, of course, they are still crappy ).

Cheers, Aphain

P.S.: How do I contact an administrator to gain the rights to modify this thread?

Cool that you like it!

It is true that you have to be really precise when working on the building files but it's actually not that hard.
    I'm currently implementing new ancillaries and have improved the building tree once again.
    Furthermore I fixed an important bug: The Frankish Spearmen behaved oddly in battles (did not attack etc.)
    because they had a secondary weapon in the files although they had no skeleton for that in the modeldb database.
    Now they are working just fine (but, of course, they are still crappy ).

Cheers, Aphain

P.S.: How do I contact an administrator to gain the rights to modify this thread?
    One has to be pricise in every file.

I am more worried of the implications changes on the building tree might have to all the scripts. - And if that could lead to potential crashes.

As i hate crashes i avoid such things.

Ah, that's cool about the spearmen. Did you change the BMDB or EDU entry? Could use that too =).

Write to Gigantus.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    One has to be pricise in every file.

I am more worried of the implications changes on the building tree might have to all the scripts. - And if that could lead to potential crashes.

As i hate crashes i avoid such things.

Ah, that's cool about the spearmen. Did you change the BMDB or EDU entry? Could use that too =).

Write to Gigantus.
    So far I had no crashes at all. I tested the current version with Franks, Denmark and Kvenland (each 100 turns)
    and everything went smooth so far.

I fixed that in the EDU (simply setting the secendary weapon to "no").

I will do that.

So far I had no crashes at all. I tested the current version with Franks, Denmark and Kvenland (each 100 turns)
    and everything went smooth so far.

I fixed that in the EDU (simply setting the secendary weapon to "no").

I will do that.
    Okay, thanks for the information.

Cool.

- The Havamal

I downloaded and installed, but it switched to windowed mode when I booted it up... How does one fix this? I'm rusty with the TW modding scene.

Disregard, found preferences in the mod folder
    Last edited by Aphain; August 28, 2017 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Double posting related to same problem

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.5 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1 [21.8.2017]

Quote Originally Posted by thecheese View Post
    I downloaded and installed, but it switched to windowed mode when I booted it up... How does one fix this? I'm rusty with the TW modding scene.

Disregard, found preferences in the mod folder
    Cool that you found it. I personally advocate the use of the borderless-window mode
    because it leads to fewer crashes for most people but I can understand that this is a
    matter of taste. Have fun with the mod!

Cheers, Aphain
    Last edited by Aphain; August 28, 2017 at 04:39 AM.

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1 [26.8.2017]

Dear Aphain,

there is no music while being on campaign map, is that correct or did I something wrong.
    I tried 3 different factions - no music.

Thank you and greets

M

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1 [26.8.2017]

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    Dear Aphain,

there is no music while being on campaign map, is that correct or did I something wrong.

Thank you and greets

M
    He must have removed the music then..

The 3.1 official release has music.

- The Havamal

Dear Aphain,

Thank you and greets

M
    Hi there,

thanks for the error report. I'm currently at university so I will have to look into this
    when I come home. It would really help if you could post your log here (You can find
    it under "Medieval2/mods/WotN/log"). Be sure to have installed the newest version (1.6).
    Furthermore you could try to navigate to "Medieval2/mods/WotN/data/sounds" and delete
    the "events.idx" and "events.dat" files (they will automatically be rebuild from the game).

Cheers, Aphain

Just copy the music files in the official 3.1 to the sounds-folder of this submod and it should work.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Just copy the music files in the official 3.1 to the sounds-folder of this submod and it should work.
    Hi there,

I have not modified the "sounds" folder at all, so the music files should all be still in place.
    This is just a bug in the script I guess.

Cheers, Aphain

weird.. -> .menu has music.. battle has music ..
    campaing map -> no music!!
    (deleted events.dat & events.idx & map.rwm)

same with 3.1 wotn with and without rf1.6

weird.. -> .menu has music.. battle has music ..
    campaing map -> no music!!
    (deleted events.dat & events.idx & map.rwm)

same with 3.1 wotn with and without rf1.6
    There seems to be a problem with the "descr_sounds_music_types.txt". I will look into that.

There seems to be a problem with the "descr_sounds_music_types.txt". I will look into that.

I have found the bug. Just copy this file into your "Medieval2/mods/WotN/data/world/map/base" folder and overwrite the previous file.

FILE REMOVED - FIX INCLUDED IN NEWEST VERSION
    Last edited by Aphain; January 10, 2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: fix included in newest version

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast