Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6.5 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.2 [11.02.2018]

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6.4 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1 [09.02.2018]

Hi there,

sure, I have added all fixes to the new version (1.6.5). Should the standalone version work for you,
    you can fix the custom settlements and add the rebels to it too. You do not need to send me the
    files again.

Cheers, Aphain

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6.4 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.1 [09.02.2018]

Quote Originally Posted by Aphain View Post
    Hi there,

sure, I have added all fixes to the new version (1.6.5). Should the standalone version work for you,
    you can fix the custom settlements and add the rebels to it too. You do not need to send me the
    files again.

Cheers, Aphain
    It worked well after adding your files that you sent me today. There are some changed buttons and things so i will try to replace the preference-file with the old one as it may have been the bat-file - the old bat that you sent still CTD but not the new .bat.

I am gonna test restoring the old preference-file as i prefer that one to the new.

Then add the new stuff.

Btw, is 1.6.5 added on-top of the new 3.2 or is things like the new meshes lacking?

Edit:

Yes, the old Med2 preference-file worked with your new WotN.bat. - so it works well now.

I just have to add the changes to this standalone version and then upload it. It will be fast now seeing as the work is done in 3.2 and it's just a copy/paste matter.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 11, 2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6.5 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.2 [11.02.2018]

I am done with updating everything now, just tell me if you'd like any of the WotN-styled units of TLK:WotN.

- Gonna playtest now.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Default Re: [RELEASE] Sub-Mod: Regnum Francorum 1.6.5 for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.2 [11.02.2018]

Thanks,

good that it worked now. I do not need additional units at the moment
    but I will take a look at the TLK: WotN rosters for future versions.

Cheers, Aphain

P.S.: Yes, 1.6.5 is added on top of WotN 3.2.
    Last edited by Aphain; February 11, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks,

good that it worked now. I do not need additional units at the moment
    but I will take a look at the TLK: WotN rosters for future versions.

Cheers, Aphain

P.S.: Yes, 1.6.5 is added on top of WotN 3.2.
    I got trouble with the SM_factions file and decided to install the submod by placing the real 1.6.5 on-top of WotN 3.2.

It worked - but i saw you had changed entries in the descr_character for the general in use by some Vikings in battle.

You replaced the line "Viking_General" with the line "Jade_Jarl" - this caused the old issue of silver surfer captains to re-appear. The only faction made for that unit is the Halogalandi faction.

- In order for others to use them the entries in the BMDB-file needs to be changed as well. I don't have the time to do that currently, as i do not think that change is very important.

I replaced the lines with the old viking general.

Edit:

, mod doesn't start after re-adding the old file..

I need to compare them then..

Second Edit:

I fixed the issue and added entries for the Jade_Jarl general and Jade_Thegn captain in the BMDB for the additional factions of Russia/Gardariki and France/Moerrafylki.

Hälogaland and Slave/Independent Factions already had the entries.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 11, 2018 at 07:40 PM.

- The Havamal

Thanks for the fix. I completely forgot to check the entries in the BMDB.

Thanks for the fix. I completely forgot to check the entries in the BMDB.
    No problem man.

- I played over 67 turns as the Franks in your version (and i did add the diplomacy changes) and it was very easy to keep a good economy which i usually like (in the original one lost battle could mean the bankruptcy of the faction) and so i think this submod is more for the casual player while the official version is hardcore.

On the other hand - the AI Slavs are spaming bad-quality Voje units and this maybe should be looked into. It was like full armies with just this unit.. I don't wanna change stuff in your version such as formations and things, so i leave such things to you. My opinion is that when the Francs loose their first army which has the elite horses and stuff then it gets a lot harder to fight the slavs. As they start to use some good quality mercs and has elite family members as well.

- But the Voje-spaming is a little too much. I will test the same faction in the offical version to see if it's the same issue there.

I know the economy will be harder, but i am not sure about the Voje-spaming. I never touched the EDB and so the offical version has what the original team made up. Your version has new buildings but i am not sure if it has changed recruitment?

- Gonna test the Francs of the original to find out the differences. The spaming of weak units may need adjusting as one would want more of a mix of units in AI armies.

- The Havamal

The Franks in the original wasn't supposed to be playable and that is obvious. Totally impossible to avoid a bankruptcy.

The Svitjod faction was possible to play as but very hard. I think the economy needs to be easier in the official version especially for the Franks.

Your version is therefore better in terms of being easy to play.

- The Havamal

"This is an alternative submod adding the stuff above on-top of the latest WotN release uploaded by me two days ago. It's not to be seen as an official version of Wrath of the Norsemen: The Baltic - but rather as an alternative.

- Compared to the official version it has an easier approach to economy and it's way easier to play for the ordinary player. The official version is very hardcore, and as for the Franks they are probably not playable due to them getting bankrupt - in this version most focus have been on this faction. And they are really fun to play as.

- Absinthia, one of the original creators of the mod - explained the Franks were not supposed to be played originally. That's why they are impossible to play as in the official without cheating or editning the economy.

As for the Norse i have played as Svitjod in that version and it worked fine - but it was a rollercoaster where i had to attack all the time to prevent the economy from getting a minus. Bankruptcy is a real threat in WotN: The Baltic - in this Sub-Mod it's more like in other mods.

- Other changes are the fact this submod has somewhat larger stacks of units, which i am not particularly fond of - as the old units had been balanced according to a set formula. Increasing the unit sizes may be bad for balance but they are somewhat larger here.

- Then the formations haven't been added to this version of the mod. It should be very stable and easy to play for the casual player. If you want a very hard mod play the original - this is for people who want to enjoy Total War without struggling too much with the economical bit.

I will thank Aphain for providing me with the files for his update."

Download-link of 1.6.5 on moddb:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-t...-francorum-165

- The Havamal

Thanks for the work! As soon as a new version of RF is available I
    will inform you so that you can update the standalone version as well.

Cheers, Aphain

Has anyone else had trouble placing a merchant on a resource? It's not just the RF sub-mod, it's 3.2 too. Examples are: lumber resource east of {Ferdi}Bucki, and the lumber resource north east of {Laczyn}Laczyn.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble placing a merchant on a resource? It's not just the RF sub-mod, it's 3.2 too. Examples are: lumber resource east of {Ferdi}Bucki, and the lumber resource north east of {Laczyn}Laczyn.
    I think it's just a problem of some spots in the map, there're just few of them; and the Laczyn it's already reported here. You may place your merchants on other resources.

Hello guys, we inform you that the Modding Awards are now live and that our mod is included in the lists; if you like it, don't lose the chance to nominate it! Similarly, if you liked the work that we did last year, remember that you can nominate us.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nations-Thread
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 11, 2018 at 04:35 AM.

- The Havamal

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345