Thread: Can't embark from the same beach that I disembarked a turn ago (?)

Default Can't embark from the same beach that I disembarked a turn ago (?)

Hey guys, I was hoping someone could help me.

I 've just started Attila and I like it so far. However 1-2 small bugs bother me. Check this for instance.

Playing as Geats, I went with transports all the way to France for raiding. I disembarked in the beach you see in the first image, and the transports disappeared. Now, after a single turn, I want to leave, but my army won't embark from the same beach that I came. It shows me I have to take a detour and embark from a bridge (?).

The question is, why can't I embark again from the same beach I disembarked? Shouldn't they have left their transport ships there? Is this for realism or a bug?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	347689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	259.6 KB 
ID:	347690

Oh, I am playing with Radious Mod. I dunno if it makes any difference.

Thanks guys!!

Default Re: Can't embark from the same beach that I disembarked a turn ago (?)

I don't know if this will solve your issue or not, but for some reason the game wants to keep your troops on land if possible--meaning that if you are right on a coastline and pick a destination that would be a straight line across a body of water to another coast and click that destination, the game will not put your troops in the water, but will instead march them off in whatever direction that your destination can be reached by land no matter how much further it would be.

To remedy this, one has to first click on a spot that is in the water just off from the land. In other words, it seems to be a two step process. You have to put them to sea before you can move by sea.

It's sort of counter intuitive, but that's the way it seems to work most of the time for me.

Cheers

P.S. This doesn't apply if you are in a port city--only for a non port landing area.
    Last edited by Forward Observer; August 13, 2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Thanks for the reply my friend.

However this doesn't solve my issue. I clicked directly on the water in front of the beach, and the game insists that my army has to cross half of Northern Europe to get there (and invoke negative modifiers in diplomacy because I will trespass in the lands of 3-4 factions)
    See screenshot...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Attila 08.13.2017 - 18.32.05.04.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	282.0 KB 
ID:	347716

It's so weird. I disembarked just fine. Why can't I embark now?

Well, all I noted from your second picture that it is showing no ocean movement points (Yellow highlighted area showing where you can move) into the ocean. Movement points from land to sea will always be less than those available for just land, so you may have used them up earlier in the same turn.

I only have two other suggestions. You might try switching your marching stand to "forced" to see if you can get back into the water, or alternatively wait a turn and see if the highlighted area opens up for the sea. Otherwise I have no clue.

Cheers
    Last edited by Forward Observer; August 15, 2017 at 01:16 AM.
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Found the issue.

It's a feature of the BACAI mod for Radious. Armies are able to disembark to beaches, but they can embark only from ports.

It was hidden in the changelog, sorry for not noticing it earlier.

Thanks for the help!!