Thread: When units are disbanded, where do their associated pops go?

Default When units are disbanded, where do their associated pops go?

Does the manpower return to the province they were recruited from or do they settle in the province they were disbanded in?

Default Re: When units are disbanded, where do their associated pops go?

The region they were disbanded in should have that population returned the next turn.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

So does that mean I can say, levy units from Macedonia and take them over to Syria and settle them there? That's actually pretty cool, I never considered doing that.

that's really neat

used to be a basic strategy in Rome 1. Exterminate city > re populate with any expendable / really understrength units

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    So does that mean I can say, levy units from Macedonia and take them over to Syria and settle them there? That's actually pretty cool, I never considered doing that.
    Yes. We actually considered having settler units but they cluttered the screen and were eventually not used. We opted for the settler mechanic instead where you get a base # when population gets low. But you can also use normal units as settlers.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

How does that work with foreigners? Is it desirable to remove a bunch of foreigners from Rome for example and put them in some border region? Any use to actually move pops?

i use roriati unit to settlers my 3nd pop ,they cheap to recruit and can give 300 man per unit,and use a most cheap 2nd pop unit pleb to renforce my boder pop and replenish my pincicep army in boder when needer too

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The region they were disbanded in should have that population returned the next turn.
    If I remember correctry from the code, the pop is instantly returned, since UI 2017 the mechanics was changed to rely on UIPop -values and those values are used as UI and actual pop both. So basically the table values are loaded when campaign starts and UI values are stored and used on saving/loading...