Thread: Alternatives to 3Ds MAX exporter?

Default Alternatives to 3Ds MAX exporter?

After exporting a model from rmv2 to the DAE format and modifying it in Maya I can't seem to export it to the cs2 format (so that it could be seen by the BOB and that I could then bring it to the game).

I've noticed that there are converters for 3Ds Max (2009-2013), which won't work on my trial 3Ds MAX 2018, and Maya, which won't work either because the readme states the following:

The Maya exporter only exports animations! For model creation you must use 3ds Max.

Are there any alternatives?

Hopefully there are because Autodesk doesn't provide 3Ds Max older than 2015...
    Last edited by Magas of Cyrene; August 11, 2017 at 04:22 PM.

Default Re: Alternatives to 3Ds MAX exporter?

This is the error I get in the 2018 version of the 3Ds MAX trial:

Autodesk only offers the latest version for trial, so unfortunately can't get the 2009-2013 trials. As for purchasing, it's only the 2015-18 version that's available.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Does this RMV2 Converter help? I know nothing about modelling so thats all I can suggest

Yes, I used it to convert the rmv2 files to make them available for editing, but now I can't convert the edited file back to rmv2 format so that they could be used in-game

Yeah I am in a similar bind. Thankfully all the major editing I wanted to do is in the past but I can't get anything earlier than 2015 student edition from autodesk. My 2014 era one went out of use in 2017.

The only solution I could think of is find someone with 2014 or earlier, send them the files you did in a format with all the relevant data saved so all they have to do is open it and export it for you.
    Last edited by Ahiga; September 25, 2017 at 12:58 AM.

Yeah, it would seem it's the only solution

If anyone with access to 3Ds Max 2009-2013 reads this, please send me a PM!

hessam's Avatar Miles

not 2009-2013 but I can give you the links to the 3ds max 2014 I have (which I mostly use for rigging and exporting).

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

You need 3ds max 2014 for exporting .cs2 files for attila/rome2
    There are no alternatives.

This is really stressful, i made a pretty nice 3d model and the only barrier between me and continuing my mod is the darn CS2 exporter... it won't work with my 3ds max version, i have a old 2009 version and a new 2018, on the old one the template file won't start up and the newer one, of course, has no CS2 exporter
    Pretty big dilema.
    If anyone is wiiling to help me, could you give me a working 2009 template/sample ?

Join our discord ! : https://discord.gg/gFKGruR

I'm also having this issue. Wouldn't there be a later version of cas_exporter in the Warhammer assembly kit folder? I don't own the game but I'm wondering.

So, nobody got a way exporting models from 3Ds Max 2018? That's weird.

This one works for 3D Max 2018

cas2_exporter.zip