Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAP - mini and paintable

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP paintable map - a request

Plus the modding resources (people) are very thin and I don't think it can be reasonably expected that such a big change will ever be made. As far as the map is concerned, I think we may fix some issues if you provide Lifthrasir with a convincing case (like he's done it for Georgia, Iran, Egypt and Poland, and perhaps for numerous places before the 0.9.2 release).
    Giorgios, you've already done it here, but some more input based on the sources would be welcome and I think we may discuss thing. Look at the HRE thread - we've thrashed out with MWY and Lifth some changes for the HRE lands. And be aware of the problems in counting the numbers as well.

Actually, the assistance in modding is always welcome - thanks a lot for your map.
    If you'd continue (as I've mentioned: making a map with the settlements' and provinces' names, possibly with the level of the settlements: like WC - wooden castle, LC - large city), this would be very helpful.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

In addition to JoC's post, you can do that in the following thread. I think it's more relevant than this one for such topic
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Taking advantage of the good work of Giorgios, I decided to post the start map with some corrected regions and High Era.
    But if I got it wrong, please somebody correct me.

Early_Era Start Map

High_Era start map

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard_77 View Post
    Taking advantage of the good work of Giorgios, I decided to post the start map with some corrected regions and High Era.
    But if I got it wrong, please somebody correct me.
    Hi Alucard,
    in what sense they're corrected?
    As I've mentioned: what would be useful is to have a map of 1132 with the settlements' and provinces' names, and levels of the settlements, say: castles: C1..C4, cities/towns: T1..T5, with village: V.
    cheers
    JoC

Corrected only in the sense of giving regions that were missing in the HRE.
    Now it's the same as the original map of the mod.

Ok, I see.
    Anyway, if you'd be kind enough to help with that data I've mentioned, then you should use this map as the base (it's paintable - easy to fill the provinces with the relevant colours).
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...8&d=1505989087
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 20, 2018 at 01:57 AM.

Edit;

not as nice
    Last edited by Mamlaz; April 21, 2018 at 03:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Why you, guys, don't use Geomod tool? You can generate maps with it. I also recommend to use Bare Geomod with it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Lifthrasir has produced a map - a large one. It's possible to put names and other info inside:

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSHIP Byz.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	354639Looks great!

To give an example of some useage of this map: here's a vague sketch at a theoretical Byzantine three-zone AOR. I don't know if there's plans to introduce AOR into SSHIP, but this could be food for thought in any case.

Dark purple: "Homeland" region, full range of factional troops.
    Paler purple: "Expansion" region, factional troops limited to "professionals" and elite troops, to represent assimilated elites and locals fighting as part of imperial armies. Note, these are troops only available from higher tier barracks, representing the time taken to assimilate a region.
    Palest purple: "Conquest" region, factional troops limited to elites, to represent small pools of assimilated elites, and a population very distinct from the imperial centre. Again, recruitment is limited by the need to build only higher tier barracks, which will only yield very limited, albeit high quality, troops.

Blog Entries

Fine. But what if the ERE conquers Spain for instance? They should be ale to recruit some local troops there as well IMO, depending on how deep the assimilation goes

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSHIP Byz.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	354639Looks great!

To give an example of some useage of this map: here's a vague sketch at a theoretical Byzantine three-zone AOR. I don't know if there's plans to introduce AOR into SSHIP, but this could be food for thought in any case.

Dark purple: "Homeland" region, full range of factional troops.
    Paler purple: "Expansion" region, factional troops limited to "professionals" and elite troops, to represent assimilated elites and locals fighting as part of imperial armies. Note, these are troops only available from higher tier barracks, representing the time taken to assimilate a region.
    Palest purple: "Conquest" region, factional troops limited to elites, to represent small pools of assimilated elites, and a population very distinct from the imperial centre. Again, recruitment is limited by the need to build only higher tier barracks, which will only yield very limited, albeit high quality, troops.
    Due to the historical background of 12th century, the imperial “tagma”system and the cosmopolitan society of Constantinople, the professionals and the elites should be restricted to the so-call dark blue area or just Constantinople itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Komnenos View Post
    Due to the historical background of 12th century, the imperial “tagma”system and the cosmopolitan society of Constantinople, the professionals and the elites should be restricted to the so-call dark blue area or just Constantinople itself.
    Sorry, I actually mean the dark "purple" area.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Fine. But what if the ERE conquers Spain for instance? They should be ale to recruit some local troops there as well IMO, depending on how deep the assimilation goes
    It was just an example, not a suggestion

Blog Entries

I know
    I was just pointing the fact that in your example, there's one level missing (for the rest of the map) from my opinion for which the level of recruitment should be very very low but still

Hi Guys,
    the map with the info on the settlements' sizes has never been made, so if somebody would play the SSHIP, he could further the map attached to this post.
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 27, 2020 at 05:30 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Ok, by way of working on the Crowns, I've finished putting the names of the settlements on the paintable map.
    Keep in mind that these are the code names, not the names that appear in the game.

Blog Entries

Default Re: [M] Paintable MAP - a request

Here is the map corrected with the missing borders and settlements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast