Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: XCAI: Campaign AI feedback thread

Default Re: XCAI: Campaign AI feedback thread

Any particular changes to expect, or factions to try? (Not the Ostrogoths though...)

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

When I get the changes finalized I will put then in writing. Still doing some on the fly diplomacy adjustments, however if you would like to see the Romans start kicking some ass then those are the kinds of things to expect
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Of course the Romans kick ass. I'm playing the WRE.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Xeryx I have a question for you regarding AI roman army building. Would it not make sense to give the romans a all in one barracks that provides infantry, horse and missile troops? I have always wonder if that would help the romans construct better balanced armies. I have been reading this thread while away and love the information you have put forth about how the Ai works and what could be the root problems in game. I will be able to test your mods again hopefully soon.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

You know, that is a really great and simplified idea!! It is quite possible that could help the Romans. Eliminating 2 buildings could give them the room they need to build the more important buildings, since we have such limited space.

There are definite issues with them, the research paths are one of them. I haven't delved into them yet, as that is going to be a really large task i am sure.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

My apologies for not doing as many updates here, I have been tremendously busy modding. I really haven't even made notes for my updates. I think the Campaign AI is doing much better this revision, ans I think I found the key for occupation, which is part of the key to an aggressive AI.

Good news on new update Xeryx.

Any chance to get non steam version to download?
    Thanks.

Yes, and I will have a surprise with it. It will be later today, once I finish some more units

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Yes, and I will have a surprise with it. It will be later today, once I finish some more units
    Can't wait

Ok I have finished the majority of units, all that is left is Marines!! Since that is going to take me a bit to rebalance them, I am going to include the current version of what I have! So give me some time to test a bit and I will wrap them up and post them!!

Done! You can download here..please let me know about discrepancies in units, I know there are many that are mislabeled in the classes like heavy light etc. I caught a lot of them, but not all of them. I also have only worked on the Germanic factions costs, so everyone else's costs will be adjusted. I have also included the XBAI 2.0 and it is quite a bit different than the older version. Especially in formations. I am not done with it yet so I am open to any good feedback you will have.

Download here
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/izsehw...nuz/XAI2.0.zip

You will need to re-download the XAI 2.0 pack, as I went in and re-worked the spacing of formations, tightened them back up. I also re uploaded the generals and wives pack, with the fixed desert factions version.

Hi xeryx, I'm playing with most of your mods and I must say its a very interesting work, really gives the game a new life! You deserve to be praised a lot by all TW community!

Also a little request, can you make an all in one pack? Combining what do you think its essential in your overhaul?

Thanks Primo but I won't hold my breath. I will consider it when it is done.

A report on my Burgundian VH campaign on turn 73 if this is helpful (been playing for a few days, new to TW: Attila so I don't know how things compare to vanilla, so I'll just describe what is happening). Have all the mods which are grouped together in the workshop.

Start of the game was good, very tense with some nearby factions acting opportunistically to attack me when they thought I was in a weak position. After the early game was able to develop some good friendships with a few germanic factions. Was able to bribe some the Venedians into treaties as well. In general the AI seems to be acting reasonably in regards to diplomacy, no problems here.

WRE is holding together OK. Str rank 1. Lost Britain very quickly of course, they've lost about half of France/Germany to various incursions, mainly the Saxons in Belgica and the Franks carving out a little 3 region kingdom in Narbonensis. I'm a little concerned that I've seen very little in the way of military force from them, not sure where their armies are (no fog of war mods aren't working for me), about to attack them and hopefully they will field some resistance at some point.

Again I'm not sure how this compares to vanilla, but economy has seemed a bit easy. My starting province has an income of 9k and the viking province has an income of 11k, securing those early game gave me quite a lot of cash to overwhelm people by fielding more armies. Now at 7 full tier2 armies with 21 settlements and I'm gaining 30k a turn. Food has also been very easy. Maybe salt warehouses are OP, or maybe I have such a high percentage of port cities.

Anyways thanks for all the work on the mod, enjoying myself a lot so far!

Hey Aimlessgun --great name BTW
    Yeah things are a little easy right now. Mainly because in order for the AI not to be a complete cripple I had to shore up the food system a bit and decrease some of the penalties that plunged the AI into chaos. One thing you have to understand about the systems that CA created were to create difficulty for the player mostly, because the game was really easy. I will find a good balance so those systems affect the AI as well but do not completely ruin their economy. It also helped me identify some improper settings for the AI. It sounds like an awful lot of money you are generating and it is most likely due to corruption not affecting you enough? I will be toughening up the campaign more over time as I make sure the AI will actually do what it is supposed to. The Romans have had a lot of issues, and at least now they will attempt to fight back, the WRE is the in the worst shape. The ERE seems to be doing alright actually. They are the problem child's I have been working on and fixing. Tuning is still going on, but right now I am focusing on units. Money isn't a bad thing though, if you notice in the long run, thee AI will also do better overall.
    Last edited by xeryx; November 29, 2017 at 11:25 AM.

Alright I got the no fog mod working, had to disable most of the mods in the collection except the garrison mods, Research and Buildings, and THARBBG. I have some good news and some bad news in 414 AD. The good news is that the ERE is doing great militarily with 10 armies and a total of 157 units, so like you said they are ok. The bad news is that the WRE is doing horribly with only 4 armies with 24 total units. Despite them being at war with the same number of factions and the WRE having 10 more settlements (though I'm sure they've suffered more attacks than the ERE, since they are war with the Huns).

Difficult to say how their economy is doing because I had to disable so much stuff. Both ERE and WRE are doing well in public order, ok in moneymaking, and ok in food. But I guess the campaign AI mod greatly reduces the bonuses they would have on very hard, so with the mod disabled they are getting those full bonuses. The stuff I can see without the cheat and the mods enabled seems to be doing similarly ok though.

I do notice the WRE has 90% immigration everywhere so maybe they aren't taxing their citizens or something...still feel like they should be able to raise at least a couple more armies, especially seeing as the ERE has literally 7 times as many units running around.

As for my money I guess my corruption is pretty low, 10%. I think much of the income is how much upkeep reduction I can stack while garrisoned up. Sending armies on offense greatly reduces my income per turn (down to 17k with 4 armies on offense).

it is easier to use pfm to mod the spies in the character skills module, but that is the only one you need to disable.

You could be onto something abut their immigration, I am starting work on faction penalties and bonuses.

I did a ton of work yesterday balancing money and added more costs to the military at the harder levels, so that should even things out a bit. I have to be really careful as to how much I lower the economy because I do not want it to cripple the AI, as it is doing excellent. WRE is of course the bastard child that refuses to cooperate fully, but with a few more coaxing sessions, I think it will get in line.

I have been sick, and will update the download files this week as there have been a lot of changes to the campaign costs.

I will make an update for those of you who are not on Steam this weekend, as I have been working on the second round of unit balancing and fixing more incorrect stuff.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast