Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: XCAI: Campaign AI feedback thread

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: XCAI: Campaign AI feedback thread

Big news Everyone!! Skidvar released his new Garrisons mod today!!! It totally kicks ass, and does not rely on the standard units!! I also released a new video! Showing how the XAI will now siege and attack you with multiple armies, and is not going to flee from you anymore!! In most instances.

Skidvar's Garrisons +

Xeryx's you tube video

OK so what in the heck am I doing wrong to imbed a YouTube video?
    Last edited by xeryx; October 02, 2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Guys if you haven't tried XAI recently, beware that is is now much more aggressive on the campaign map. You need to protect your newly conquered regions! I have been playing a hard game, and everyone around me is aggressive and I swear my nerves are shot. This has been the most struggle I have ever had in Attila, I feel like a rat in a cage almost because as the Alamons, Rome is protecting it's borders and cities with full stacks. I am feeling some serious frustration, and it is nothing like my last game, where I could pretty much conquer anyone I wanted. there were a couple of times I though I was gonna really be screwed, but I was able to convince my allies with some money to help me out.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

As a predominant roman player (granted this was almost two weeks ago) in my new WRE campaign, Turn 1 I am able to attain peace with all of the nations that the romans start the game at war with and proceed to full on economy mode. To me personally this goes against the time period/challenge of the roman campaigns. The barbarians are drooling at the chance to take roman land and heads and team up to do just that. War on multiple fronts if what I love about the WRE campaign and it just isn't there right now.

I hope some others will chime in on this but to me the roman campaigns are about balancing the wars/economy and trying not to get over run by the sheer number of the barbarian factions. I literally had 1 war for the first 40-50 turns as WRE and the game became far too easy (Very Hard Difficulty).

As ERE this is different because you always have the sass. empire hanging over your head, and as soon as they declare war it's game on. However, in my ERE campaign I was able to keep them appeased for 40+ turns. To me the Sass. Empire striking when i'm not ready is one of the high points of the ERE campaign. It just turns into a mess and really pushes things to the limit.

I Know there have been changes in the past two weeks, so if these issues have been addressed then disregard and thanks for such a great mod! ^_^

Sorry if this might be the wrong thread... I had a hard time getting timber in my last campaign. A lot of buildings depend on it. Very annoying. Nobody who had it wanted to trade with me. Or they were just sitting on it. Like the Maurians when they owned Tingis. I checked the settlement and they didn't produce it at all. Not very reasonable. Also, I don't unterstand the CA why timber should be such a rare commodity. Gems, sure. But most of central Europe was full of woods. Anyway, I don't know if you can do anything about that. Just wanted to share.

Yes GodlyLegato, those issues have been resolved, now peace is very hard to get without big bucks. I am still baffled at why it was so easy? I spent a lot of time adjusting it initially. As the war and peace need to be balanced, and now I fear that peace is too hard to come by, bu I am currently on a hard game with lots of aggressive's, so I may just be whining. I think other changes sometimes affect diplomacy, that I may not see right away. You can be rest assured I have turned up the aggression a lot. Part of the issues is when I changed Imperium, it gave Rome a big boost of it..like it should be. The problem I later discovered is that the AI overvalues that Imperium. SO it ends up being scared, of you far too easily, and will capitulate to you easily. This not only includes diplomacy, but also how the AI views your units, ever wonder why units constantly flee away from you? I believe I have rectified the situation now, in this latest build. Please give it another try, on Very hard..I think you will find it much different.

I will look into timber.
    Last edited by xeryx; October 03, 2017 at 05:19 AM.

Just tried the Ostrogoths. Went though ERE lands, thinking I'd be safe there. But the WRE sent stacks to Palestine, hunting me down. Bloddy hell! Never seen that in vanilla.

Yeah, that is gonna be pretty scarey!! I and playing the Alamons and have had to keep my armies on my cities for extra security, I expanded too fast thinking it wouldn't be an issue. My first 50turns have been WAYYYY, tougher than in previous games. The worst of it though is the Caledonians, They are Hateful and they have harassed me relentlessly every time I leave open a city they sack it. Plus, the Romans which I am at war with, have 3 full stacks on our border. I know as soon as I move, they will pounce. I BARELY, was able to survive, the onslaught. I don't think I have ever had to think this much in this game. I have even had to try and use every diplomatic tool in the box, but since I am poor right now, those options haven't been able to work. It is definitely a Hard game now!

I hear you... The Ostrogoths seemed easy even with Radious Mod. After a couple of tries with your mods, I believe they may have one of the hardest start positions. Being at war with both te WRE and the Huns. While they don't have many other enemies at that point. No matter where I go they're after me. The Huns even followed my hordes to the North Sea!!! For the time being I'm out of ideas...

Well, I am still playing with the levels for the Imperium perception, trying to find a happy medium that works well.

The Huns rather follow me to Africa than anything else:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	325610_20171003230225_1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	240.7 KB 
ID:	348695

Is that supposed to happen?

So the Huns sent 2! stacks to Africa, because, you know, the rest of the world doesn't matter:

Name:	325610_20171004003021_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	348696

At what point does it get ridiculous? Just wondering...

OK, some thought about this Ostrogoths campaign:

- Tried to run, again through ERE lands, towards Africa. Always kept the 2 stacks together. Thought it worked. No Huns, no WRE, it seemed.
    - So immediately after I first a WRE settlement, there was the counter-attack:

Name:	325610_20171003231408_1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	295.2 KB 
ID:	348697
    Didn't even know they were around. OK, annihilated them with acceptable losses.

- That's when I noticed the Huns were still after me:

Name:	325610_20171003233855_1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	348698
    1 stack seemed acceptable. Later I discovered the second one, arriving from the opposite direction!

- Well, it got even more interesting. Because this African tribe, despite already being at war with a neighbor, has nothing better to do than to declare war on me and hit me with 2 stacks:

Name:	325610_20171004004047_1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	327.9 KB 
ID:	348699
    ...plus the Romans.

Combined with those 2 stacks of Huns waiting it just got pointless. Challenging is one thing. This is something else.

In conclusion, can one expect the AI to almost literally throw everything at the player and not give a sh!t about anything else?

I didn't mean to be rude. Just being a little frustrated.

Well, you guys wanted a hard campaign!
    (Of course these are early adjustments, the important part is that I found the Key to the campaign aggression)

You Got it!

COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN!!

The New leader of the White Huns
    Last edited by xeryx; October 04, 2017 at 10:06 AM.

I already uploaded a kinder and gentler XCAI

So, what level were you playing on Davewolf? You may have to try it on normal, so there are not so many aggressive personalities.
    Last edited by xeryx; October 03, 2017 at 11:37 PM.

I have got to say this has been the best 69 (turns) I have ever had!! In any Total war game EVER!! Sorry MED2! I think we have almost achieved ZEN (catchphrase of the YEAR)

Plus, I have made good progress with getting the AI controls to work for construction and deconstruction of food buildings, If I can keep the AI from starving...then as far as I am concerned I have fixed this bloody game 100%

A special note to all you lurkers out ther, who do not join the forums, but subscribe to my mod on Steam!
    Get of your butts and Rate up XAI modules, and show some support for XAI to give it the visibility my hard work deserves!
    Last edited by xeryx; October 04, 2017 at 03:24 AM.

Hi Xeryx, first of all thanks for your hard work, I've been trying your mods for some days and I'm having lots of fun!
    I'm using the whole compilation of your mods + some more I've found on your "Welcome to XAI Forums" thread, in the recommended list. But there are 2 that were on the list some days ago and then were removed: "Barbarian Hordes Expanded" http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=447307792 Better Triggers and Special Traits and Legendary Heirlooms http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=595722506
    May these ones conflict with the latest XAI updates?
    I'm playing an ERE campaign now, on normal difficulty, two things I noticed: there were 2 Visigoth hordes roaming in my territory, I defeated one of them and killed the king. After that, the other one has been standing still for various turns and seems to do nothing, so that I can easily reach it with my legions and wipe it out. Is it normal? Is it perhaps due to the difficulty level I'm playing? The other thing: two Tanukhids hordes started raiding my territory in the Middle East and in the next turn my food level, which was about 90, went down to -50 or so. Is it intended in your new food system that only two raiding armies may cause such a breakdown?
    Thanks again man!

It is my pleasure for sure!

That is correct they will conflict, do not ever use the Barbarian hordes, it has caused me nothing but grief. It is old and not made in the correct format to be compatible with other mods.

The Better trait and triggers is an alternate mod you can use if you do not use the THARBBG module.

On the food, I have done some adjustment to it, but did you check to see if a building was damaged that could have caused the food to go down? Also when Raiding they take food, I think it is 15 per horde, so that would be 30. The food system should not have been affected, as it deals with commerce. But I will note that, and watch for such an issue. It is always possible that it is an unintened side effect, as I cannot see all and know all about how CA made their systems. I just try to reverse engineer and guess the best I can. Please make sure to keep an eye out and if you can do a mouseover the food and take a screen shot with the settlements up, then I can tell better what is going on.

I am really glad you are having fun, and please make sure to upvote all the modules on steam for it to maintain it's visibility, the new mod time is over.

Even put in a good word on the collection would be great, too thanks!
    Last edited by xeryx; October 04, 2017 at 02:28 PM.

Hi xeryx !
    this mod useful and working well in Charlemagne campaign too ? ( or u planned maybe new , directly apply to AoC ? )
    thx .

Once I get the Grand campaign balanced, I do plan on updating all modules to AOC standards. The Core modules should work fine!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast