Thread: XAI: Character Skills, levels, Traits & Offices

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default XAI: Character Skills, levels, Traits & Offices

This XAI module covers your character's skills, levels and the offices they hold. It contains the best skill tree made.

I played Bloodfist's Skills mod and absolutely loved how he changed the skill trees for characters. This is a compilation and tribute to his work since he isn't around anymore. The morale system needed to be calibrated to align it with the XAI Campaign and Battle AI. There are significant changes and bug fixes made, but the skills are unchanged at this time.

Troop Training reduced from vanilla to be realistic and to emphasize battlefield experience. Troop training is also provided through the use of the Dynamic stances module and the THARBBG module. This gives the AI unit experience as well as you without having to have an agent present.

Spies, priests, and Heroes have been reduced to prevent spamming and to increase the value of each unit. I have also increased their visibility ranges to compensate for the few number of them.

Character level skill pointswill be mostly 2 points with 3 points saved for the elitist of units to encourage specialization of characters.

Generals: I gave all morale boosts to the generals directly. Generals are now pretty tough and receive good boosts per level. Plus depending on how you build their skills, they can be better attackers, defenders, or have great armor. (Warning!! I use Skidvar's Ranks and ancillaries mod to provide the General's special abilities for the battlefield. They are NOT provided through the leadership scale! in this mod, so the THARBBG module is required)

Leadership Scale: Authority, Zeal, Cunning
    Completely revamped to make sense for general's spies, hero's, and priests. This includes boosts to melee defense, offense, armor, evasion, spotting on campaign map and battle map, movement range, aura, cool down rate of specials, etc, etc..(WARNING this part of the mod overwrites vanilla and may not be compatible with other leadership mods, if they do not use the sub mod format by renaming their sub directory)

(Note; I also increased the visual ranges of the characters a bit over vanilla and they are all now useful, but spies see the furthest, of course.)

The faction leader has a pretty good boost in gravitas per turn now and will be a much better leader to deal with all the situations that arise.

Political offices - I plan on changing it in the future.
    level 1 are 4/8 turns Rank 1 age 18
    level 2 are 4/8 turns Rank 1 age 18
    level 3 are 8/16 turns Rank 2 age 20
    level 4 are 12/24 turns Rank 3 age 24
    level 5 are 18/36 turns Rank 4 age 28
    level 6 are 18/36 turns Rank 5 age 32

Level 6 Khan, Supreme commander, High judge, and Roman master have some minor restrictions; level 3 characters with a min age of 20.

Character Levels are now all the same. It will now take a much longer time to get UBER spies, heroes, and religious icons.
    Lvl 01=20
    Lvl 02=40
    Lvl 03=60
    Lvl 04=120
    Lvl 05=240
    Lvl 06=360
    Lvl 07=520
    Lvl 08=680
    Lvl 09=840

This module is highly reccommended and balanced for use in the XAI
    XAI Modules- designed for the Grand Campaign
    XCAI: Advanced Campaign AI * (1)
    XBAI: Advanced Battle AI * (1)(4)
    XDAI: Advanced Diplomacy *
    XAI: Dynamic stances and movement ! (2)
    XAI: Vanilla Units ! (2)(4)
    XAI: Leaders, skills, and offices! (3)
    XAI: Family, integrity, loyalty, and honor! (3)
    XAI: Research and Buildings !(3)
    XAI: THARBBG module + (3)
    XAI: Generals & Wives +
    XAI: AI Unit Recruitment
    XAI: Double onagers for Skidvar's Garrisons (5)
    Skidvar's Garrisons + (5)

(*) is required, (!) highly recommended for best experience, (+) optional modules

Proper credit goes to
    Bloodfist's Skills overhauled mod, but it is heavily modified for use in XBAI

The rest of the work is my own and you may not use my work without permission on any other officially released mods or projects anywhere on the internet or for any other Total War game.

Download XAI HERE
    Last edited by xeryx; November 24, 2017 at 04:08 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix