Thread: TWCenter Fantasy Premier league 2017/18 is now open for business!

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Default TWCenter Fantasy Premier league 2017/18 is now open for business!

As I feel a strong need to stop my current slide from the top it is time to create this years edition of the Fantasy Premier League. Last season Gallus won after an exciting battle Petrucci and it will be interesting to see who can challenge him this year.

The league code to join: 352074-554690 and joining is completely free as long as long as you create your team at: https://fantasy.premierleague.com

As Ybbon is away we cannot renrew the league so everyone who wish to join can PM me or sign up with their team name here in the thread.

Last year the final winner gave the following advice on how to create a team.

Participants
    Adar - Gripen FC
    Tim1989 - Selhurst's Faithfull
    Dude with the Food - You'retheTuan,Zebe
    Petrucci - Party Till We Die! joins the fray!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus
    I don't really know how to write guides, but this are the rules I usually follow:

1) Pick players who will play. An obvious one perhaps, but by far the most important. No matter how good a player is, if he's not a starter he will not bring you any points, so make sure all 15 players you pick are starting. Unless you are deliberately picking one or two players who won't play to save money (a perfectly viable strategy).
    2) The only thing that matters when you pick players is their ability to score FPL points. What do I mean by that? Kante was one of the best players in the league last season, but he doesn't score goals or assists. His contribution is mainly defensive, but since he's classified as a midfielder he gets no points for that.
    3) What kind of players should you pick then? Simple - for strikers and midfielders, you should look for players who get in the best attacking positions. The players who get the ball in a good position are more likely to score and assist.
    4) But how do you identify these players? The best way to do it is watching as many games as possible. If you don't have time for that, stats are your best bet. Things like heat maps, shots in the box, shots on target, touches in the box and chances created tell you a lot about how a player plays and how likely he is to earn points. And whatever you do, avoid defensive midfielders.
    5) Spend most of your money on strikers and midfielders. A 3-4-3 formation is usually the best.
    6) Have the best player in the game (whoever you think that is) in your team. A captain earns double points, so the best way to earn points is to captain the best player in the game.
    7) Pay attention to fixtures. Even the best players may struggle against the best teams, and average ones may shine against poor teams.
    8) Rotate your defenders. Clean sheets are easier to predict than goals, so it makes sense to play the ones with good fixtures and bench the ones with poor fixtures. This is why formations with three defenders are usually the best - one or two of your defenders will always have a bad fixture in which they're very unlikely to get points. Goals and assists are less predictable, so strikers and midfielders can do well even when they have poor fixtures.
    9) Don't take too many hits. Every hit that doesn't work out is a hit too many, so take them only when you absolutely must (when you don't have 11 starters for example).
    Last edited by Adar; August 11, 2017 at 07:10 AM.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Time to start Fantasy Football League 2017/18 (please note first Gameweek start Friday 11th July)

I'm in - team name is Selhurst's Faithfull.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Time to start Fantasy Football League 2017/18 (please note first Gameweek start Friday 11th July)

My team - You'retheTuan,Zebe
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Party Till We Die! joins the fray!

Default Re: TWCenter Fantasy Premier league 2017/18 is now open for business!

There is only 4 of us after like a month. TWC is slowly dying
    I had really tough time deciding a captain in this round. At the end I picked Mane. Hopes for ze best!

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    There is only 4 of us after like a month. TWC is slowly dying
    I had really tough time deciding a captain in this round. At the end I picked Mane. Hopes for ze best!
    Yeah, the number of players is disappointing and to be honest FPL is my major reason for coming here. So I am a bit worried about my future FPL career as TWCenter league is my only private league.

Personally I am considering if I should wildcard during the international break. I am quite happy with my team but believe I could build something truly exceptional with a wildcard.

I decided to use it. But if you want to join some other private league I will be happy to invite you to mine where about 7 or 8 of us are playing.