Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Not that I know of.

I know that Carl adds to end turn times quite a bit.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

I made my own optimization for 6.3, there was about 300 monitor_conditions which are absolutely unnecessary. Replaced them with EventCounter EventCounterType events and everything became much better. Also replaced Carl the Taxman with Azumi's money script.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by p8q View Post
    By the way, i have a question. Bellum Crucis has a lot of buildings, so when i build everything i can't see all the buildings the settlement has, because it can only show 4 rows of buildings. Is there any other way to see them all? on the enemy's i can use the spy and scroll down, but i can't do that on my own settlements.
    You may read this thread.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

What does Azumi's money script do? How is it different from Carl?

Also, can you upload your campaign_script for 6.3 and 7.0 so I can have a look? Maybe there's something I can use in there.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nt-debt-script
    Much more kind to processor time.

As for my work with 6.3 (only 6.3, had no deals with 7.0) - it's for our local russian submod, so you may find some changes with factions and other stuff. I didn't compare with original 6.3 but I think some slavic factions was added instead of some european. Also Germanicu5 BAI script was added by submod's author but for my personal tests and use I deleted it in my local version, as well as Carl the Taxman.

In section 7 Bulgar revolt (revolt was removed by submod's author) you can find Azumi's script added.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aBs...ew?usp=sharing

Here is a link to our subforum if anyone have interest. https://imtw.ru/forum/1472-bellum-universalum/

Also there's a bug with fleet and merchant recruiting - AI does not recruit them, I asked here in workshop how to fix it. As well as Papal's treasury problems, when treasury by unexplainable reason goes to huge negative value.

P.S. I'd be very glad to see your feedback about TrueGeneral tactical minimod.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; March 22, 2021 at 08:09 PM.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Also, can you upload your campaign_script for 6.3 and 7.0 so I can have a look? Maybe there's something I can use in there.

AFAIK, Azumi's script doesn't just gift raw money to the AI, because the AI will spend it on mercenaries or something unuseful and get ruined again. What it does when the AI is bankrupt is to let the AI build and develop its cities, but not recruit new units (for the bankruptcy having some effect and actually being there). So, building will grow population, will bring money and will cause the AI get out of bankruptcy eventually, and when it does it will have access to better units. Otherwise the AI is happy having lots of crappy military units and no developed cities and no money, and will remain like that for the rest of the campaign. This way the human player will have it easy to kill all AI crappy soldiers, and will be less fun to destroy underdeveloped factions.

I didn't have the time to look deep into Carl's script, so i can't judge. I like Azumi's script idea.

Ok, here i attach the campaign_script, if you see something wrong there tell me please. In order to make the submod I'm modifying and introducing some other files, so if you use the script alone it will not work and most probably will get a CTD crash when the script tries to access events or files that don't exist, etc. (because some of the new scripts i introduced need other files and modifications).

I introduced the Unlimited battle camera script (adapted from another script for rome 1 TW that i saw on the forums), that one you can use in any other mod, very fast to add and don't require modified or added files. It's in line 73.

By the way, the next step will be to introduce in campaign_script Azumi's debt system. I left the campaign_script file with no helping script to the AI (the file i'm uploading here) and i just discovered in turn 103 that almost all factions got ruined. I just had to try that, i didn't know how bad was the AI managing money, since i'm new to Medieval ii and this was my second M2TW campaign (yes, already modding before finishing my second campaign ). My first campaign in M2TW was with Total Vanilla Beyond (Azumi's debt script), so i didn't know how bad was the AI with money and i had to try now.

But i would feel very happy if you can use it to do something new and cool and we could combine it with the submod i'm doing. Or if you wait a couple of weeks until i publish it, you could take my submod and create a better submod with new cool stuff!

I come from Rome ii and Attila (The first time i played a Total War game was with Rome ii two years ago (after all patches were applied, so i didn't have a taste at how bad it was at the beginning)). I didn't believe people saying M2TW was better, so i tried it. After trying M2TW now i can't go back to Rome ii or Attila, because of all cut off mechanics and the bad unrealistic battle animations they have.

In Attila I got tired of watching how one soldier spends most of the time poking softly with his weapon at the center of the shield of the enemy in front of him, not trying to kill him, just poking at his shield... and then suddenly decapitating him when he touches his neck with his spear. M2TW has much superior battle animations (even though lacks variety of death animations), you can see soldiers actually strive and toil to kill each other. So i can't go back to Attila or rome ii.

Plus i think environment graphics are better in M2TW than Attila (less detailed, but better for my taste, and better performance too). Modern mods like Tsardoms are introducing HD textures for units that look as good as modern games.

I would like to try Three Kingdoms, because i've seen units react to pain and weight when they get hit, just like M2TW. But i've seen disappointing animations: for example somethimes when blocking a hit they jump 15 yards back, get up and come back to battle (that's so unrealistic and disappointing, that breaks the immersion for me). Troy i don't even want to try, i've seen in youtube videos that death animations are like dancers on Shakespeare theater performance and the most frequent attack animation is launching the naked knee to a wall of spears, instead of using the sword....

I was already disappointed in rome ii animations, because when they launch an attack they bring the shield to their back discovering all the chest area. You don't need to be a black belt in karate to know that's totally wrong in combat. So i don't want to see worst animations than that, thank you, that already filled my glass. Not a single drop more, please.

Well, this is not a complain forum, so i stop it here, sorry... one thought led to another.

Take into account the path for the script file:

Medieval II - Total War\mods\BellumCrucis7\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Ufficiale

(It's not imperial_campaign folder, it's Ufficiale).

Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h-g...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You may read this thread.
    thank you! that was helpful

Carl is exactly the same thing (or same idea) as Azumi's script. It's just an older way of doing it that has now been apparently superseded by a more elegant, less processor/RAM-intensive method.

Medieval 2 is the only TW game worth buying. It's not that good, but it gives you access to many exceptional mods. TW on the whole is a terrible series of games, and they've been getting worse since M2. I love ragging on them, so don't stop on my account. CA is a crooked company of scumbags, too.

Why don't you give the Rise Of Three Kingdoms mod a try if you are interested in something like that? It's on this very forum.

Carl is exactly the same thing (or same idea) as Azumi's script. It's just an older way of doing it that has now been apparently superseded by a more elegant, less processor/RAM-intensive method.

Medieval 2 is the only TW game worth buying. It's not that good, but it gives you access to many exceptional mods. TW on the whole is a terrible series of games, and they've been getting worse since M2. I love ragging on them, so don't stop on my account. CA is a crooked company of scumbags, too.

Why don't you give the Rise Of Three Kingdoms mod a try if you are interested in something like that? It's on this very forum.
    The nice thing about Azumi's script is that it adds these lines in export_descr_buildings to allow the AI keep building despite being bankrupted:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 100 requires factions { england, } and event_counter england_debt 1
    (the flag to know which faction is bankrupt)bonus 100 requires factions { england, } and event_counter england_debt 1

But here in this forum:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nus_stone-quot
    Gigantus said that construction_cost_bonus_stone doesn't work in M2TW.

So, instead of adding the building help to the AI, i'm thinking about adding this to Azumi's script when the AI is bankrupt:
    destroy_units [faction_name], generic_mercenary_unit
    because that's what usually humans do when we are low on money.

Maybe i could add also this:
    destroy_units [faction_name] militia
    when the AI finally stops being bankrupt (FactionIncome > 0) in order to force the AI to recruit better units than militia... Although It could happen that the AI recruits milita again, so i will test it.

I think in the mod Tsardoms they made a mistake, i have to warn them somehow. They used Azumi's debt script, but they made some changes to it and set the same event for all factions (the flag to know which faction is bankrupt):
    set_event_counter Ai_debt 1
    As a consecuence all factions that are not bankrupt will get the building prices only at 100 florins (if construction_cost_bonus actually works).

I thought maybe they did it this way because they knew that construction_cost_bonus_ doesn't work in M2TW, but they actually added that in export_descr_buildings, so they think it works....

Anyways, I fixed it, so I will upload it. I'm doing submods for Bellum Crucis 7.0 and Tsardoms (beta version) at the same time, because in Bellum Crucis i'm already finished, just in testing phase. I want to add supply and health system to Tsardoms, because they used Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v4.0, However they didn't add those two cool features. From my point of view, the more features, complex and realistic is the game, much better. So i'm aiming at that goal in the submods.

I already downloaded Rise Of Three Kingdoms and played a couple of custom battles, but still didn't have time to play campaign. That mod is really good. Also downloaded Imjin War of Korea mod and played one custom battle.

There are so many mods for M2TW... i downloaded 22 overhaul mods! But only had time to try one single custom battle per mod and they all are really really good!

This is what i meant in spoiler:

construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 100 requires factions { england, } and event_counter england_debt 1
    construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 100 requires factions { england, } and event_counter england_debt 1

Don't know why this forum is so buggy and slow.

Carl had those lines in EDB too.

This forum has been slow for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by p8q View Post
    There are so many mods for M2TW... i downloaded 22 overhaul mods! But only had time to try one single custom battle per mod and they all are really really good!
    I've tried some of the mods, but not all of them are finish or worthy coming back.

Carl had those lines in EDB too.

This forum has been slow for a few years now.
    Do you think those lines don't work in M2TW as Gigantus said?, because in that same forum someone said that the original M2TW was using those lines in i don't remember what other file, and Gigantus didn't answer that, like not actually being sure about it. I'll include them just in case.

I thought i had BC7 finished, but right now i want to try these modifications to Azumi's script:

I don't know if it's a good idea, i have to test it, because now with this script a faction at war that goes bankrupt could lose the war, because all units will disband. Maybe when that happens, that AI faction will ask for peace with the other AI faction? i know the game measures military power and manages diplomacy according to it. At least I think if a human player goes bankrupt, the first thing he would do is to ask for peace and rebuild the economy, so this script could be interesting....

I could add a line for the AI to ask for peace as a diplomacy priority when the faction goes bankrupt, but i didn't find that command in docudemons or the web... do you know it, or where could i search for it?

On the other hand, if the faction is not at war and goes bankrupt, it's going to recruit according to its new budget and that will lead to spend money in building and i suppose will improve its economy in the way a human player would behave. Also it's going to recruit modern units, because the old ones were disbanded, it would be like a healthy renovation.

For the faction that goes bankrupt while at war, we could imagine that all its soldiers not getting paid in a year (a turn?) and losing the war, they do a rebellion in mass and desert the army (a kind of civil war?).

Now economy wars will matter, so blocking trade paths, raiding, sieging, sacking, sabotaging.... all that will have an impact now!

Here is the script (declaration and initialization of counters not included):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;[faction_name]<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType [faction_name]
    and IsFactionAIControlled
    and Treasury < 0
    and FactionIncome < 0
    add_money [faction_name] -2147483647
    add_money [faction_name] 2147483647
    add_money [faction_name] 120
    set_event_counter [faction_name]_debt 1
    destroy_units [faction_name] can_withdraw
    historic_event [faction_name]_indebt event/reliquia.bik
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType [faction_name]
    and IsFactionAIControlled
    and Treasury > 0
    and FactionIncome > 100
    and I_EventCounter [faction_name]_debt = 1
    set_event_counter [faction_name]_debt 0
    add_money [faction_name] 500
    historic_event [faction_name]_debtfree event/reliquia.bik
    end_monitor

(I think all units in export_descr_unit have the attribute "can_withdraw". I could try with only disbanding mercenaries, but in AOR that would be a problem, and BC7 and Tsardoms use AOR).

I'd like to try it, because i suppose factions with a lot of territory are not going to lose the money so fast to lose the war because of disbanding all armies. I also suppose when all armies disband, that faction will ask for peace or will have time to recruit new units to defend their last settlements... i have yet to see what happens.

This could be more historical too (but maybe less fun), according to the medieval documentaries i watched, when a kingdom lost a big battle usually that kingdom is doomed already and asking desperately for being vassalized or any kind of peace. Maybe it had time to muster another army, but it's not historical that a wave of 10 armies are coming one after another....

Anyways, a faction that's bankrupt shouldn't be at war, it should be asking for peace.

I'm going to try it

I also added a couple of events to know who got bankrupt and when. I hope i don't get spammed too often. The reliquia.bik video suggests "We got ruined!! so it's time to pray" hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've tried some of the mods, but not all of them are finish or worthy coming back.
    The only ones in that list i still didn't try are Rule Britannia 1.7 and Chivalry II: Sicilian Vespers.

I still didn't play enough to judge, just a custom battle and a couple of turns in campaign in each mod, but at first sight they all looked great. The only problem i found at simple sight was in Wrath of the Norsemen, because all settlements were too far away. Maybe increasing movement points for all armies and agents could do the trick. It would be a bit weird to play that way with everything so far away, but that could be a quick fix, and i could upload that tweak if people think it's a good idea.

Here there's some mods i installed but are not in your list:

India 1519
    Falcom total war
    Eras Total Conquest
    Blood on Steal_Moldova Total WAR Ottoman Invasion 1453
    Anatolian Principalities
    Ain Jalut
    Lucium Total War - 2.0 ---> starts in 1700 A.D.!!

Is it because you didn't like them or maybe because you didn't know about them?

Falcom total war and Eras Total Conquest features the whole world! imagine if all modders would join all their mods and effort into one single mod that features the whole world, from the year 800 A.D. to 1800 A.D.... imagine all mods into a single campaign: BC7 there, and Tsardoms, and 1648Thirty years of war.... omg.... what a dream!

@p8q:
    Anatolian Principalities - I've installed them, had a look, but they're unfinished
    the rest - it don't know them, perhaps considered them also unfinished or outside my historical interests.

On WotN - the only problem with the settlements far away is the AI that cannot deal with it. And there're three issues that make this mod not interesting for me anyway (it'd described in my review).
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

How did you make that post in 2007 when you joined the forum in 2012?

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

A couple of Silver Surfers for rebels playing as Volga Bulgar and and error in mission reward (got boia agents instead of military units as a reward for having completed a Guild Mission). It's a pity nobody take care of this jewel anymore!

Change turn loading is so slow!! How is possible?

It's not just Radhani Archers, the "Corpo del Communio" units also cause crashes in battles.
    Armies also tend to rebel way too often, no matter if they're lead by a general with high loyalty. Fortunately the author posted at page 2 which part of descr_campaign_db controls the chances of rebellion so you can just revert it to the original Bellum Crucis values.

Played with this a bit more... I noticed that cities seem to rebel more often now compared to the original BC regardless of the above mentioned tweaks to descr_campaign_db file. I don't really mind this as seeing an AI town/castle rebel was next to impossible before unless you used good spies. Gameplay-wise crossbows still aren't effective against armors and now all archers, even the low-tier ones, get two hit points, which means that crossbows and archers are even worse than vanilla BC... not sure why you'd nerf peasant archers' damage from 4 to 2 either, they were bad enough already.
    Despite those issues, I still take this over vanilla BC solely because the AI finally recruits agents now, in BC 7.0 the AI just refuses to recruit them and fleets, so with just a small fleet you could dominate the sea and don't worry about sea invasions; another issue of BC 7.0 is that unless you play as a Christian faction yourself, at one point there'd be no Pope around anymore because as I said the AI doesn't recruit priests, so all the cardinals would die and the Pope's seat would remain vacant for the rest of the game.
    Last edited by FlavioGalerio; May 29, 2022 at 07:19 AM.

I still take this over vanilla too, but AI often leaves garrisons a bit ridicoulos and spread his troops like little streams a lil too much (but AI setting doesn't allow the flexibility and variety of choices the the game deserves), so I added to campaign's garrison script a few more troops... at least capitals are a bit safer.

about rebelling ratio i fixed it by changing a few parametres:

<max_revolt_chance float="25.0"/> <!-- original 80.0 --> (this prevent local faction's characters to überrevolting, even when very close to the capital and with 10 to loyalty lev)
    <ai_revolt_modifier float="0.125"/> <!-- original 0.5 --> (this lower the AI rebelling ratio to a reasonable one - better than original BC values where AI troops never revolted, even if sent at the edge of the world)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast