Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

I will attempt translation going to just translate all the text files into English and see how it goes...no promises on a translation any time soon...but will make an attempt...

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Grazie mille!!

Although RL is time-comsuming lately, for any doubt, question or help in translation, just let me know and I will assist you gladly!

Hello !
    I love Bellum Crucis but what prevent me to play it more is the casualties rate. It's far too high. All units seem to fight to the death or until they're reduced to 5 poor guys. That's unrealistic and it's also embarrassing because as we know, the replenishment system in Med 2 doesn't allow armies to replenish fast. In Bellum Crucis, it's impossible to fight 2 battles with the same army within the same turn. It's possible in any other mod
    Would it be possible to make a submod that tweaks unit stats to reduce lethality of melee fight ?
    Thanks again for your amazing work !

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Hello !
    I love Bellum Crucis but what prevent me to play it more is the casualties rate. It's far too high. All units seem to fight to the death or until they're reduced to 5 poor guys. That's unrealistic and it's also embarrassing because as we know, the replenishment system in Med 2 doesn't allow armies to replenish fast. In Bellum Crucis, it's impossible to fight 2 battles with the same army within the same turn. It's possible in any other mod
    Would it be possible to make a submod that tweaks unit stats to reduce lethality of melee fight ?
    Thanks again for your amazing work !
    Maybe there is some trick that can get units to rout faster instead of taking longer to kill? Do you have the difficulty set high? because last I heard Med 2 on anything whether it is mods or vanilla makes the AI units stronger then they really are to challenge the player.

Does anybody know the name of the song immediately after The Sword Maker in the menu? Can't find it in sounds/data/sounds.

I'm back
    Nothing to do, unfortunately I can't understand how to allow the recruiting of agents and ships to the AI.
    I have employed myself in this undertaking for at least a month, but evidently it is not enough.
    I turn to you, kindly, so that you can help me to understand why with the submod the AI recruit ships and agents while with the basic version, no.
    I hope someone can hear this request for help.

Something I never paid attention to until recently but that might explain why agents are rarely/never recruited in your case. The invade type invade_immediate never recruit agents.
    Thanks to Peter for making me realize, as I never used too many invade_immediate to notice:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15587343

About the ships, I so don't have troubles with the ai recruiting them that recently I decided to freeze naval recruitment in some regions and for some factions via script. Because of this and other scripts I decided to finish, I can't test more ai labels now but I know I am using combinations of invade_oppotunistic, invade_raids and invade_buildup/immediate, the last two in very controled decisions entries, without a freeze of agents/ships. For the ships, the recruitment priority in EDU might play a part, for example they shoudn't get recruited on invade_immediate if their recruitment_priority is to hight.

It sounds like a well done job with one issue- absence of english translation, which seems to me rather one of the most important things overall in gaming makies this semi-finished. fixing and rebalancing of a units and their animations was criticaly needed( especially pikes and halberds). Also crossbows are in this particular mod absolutelly useless, where cavalry crush everything and infantry finish leftovers. They are much weaker than bows statistic-wise and have nothing to compensate their reload time. So i wonder if something was done on their part( imho battles in this mod being done quickly, so giving them back their armor piercing do not seem to me terribly unbalanced. If they become unbalanced, i would make their reloading time even longer, but right now they are slot waste for the army). IIRC, what makes them unbalanced in other mods is their long range + armor pierce combo. here they have neither of that.
    Last edited by Maroslav; August 16, 2018 at 10:32 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So I take it that translation never happened, yes?

it seems it won't, because as i have looked for other projects of this submod creator, he likes leave semi-finished work behind. and if you look how long it took to them making an english translation for main version, you may aswell predict release time of an translation of this aditional content. IMHO i do not understand how somebody go proudly present a mod, which looks great on the one hand, and on the other noone understand it. because it is not like making a fan native translation from english to other language. Italian one is a quite specific.
    Last edited by Maroslav; August 22, 2018 at 03:54 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

I'll have a look at translating this to English, it will be a fair amount of work and I promise nothing but I'll do what I can when I get some free time..

If you would like to help in the translation PM me and I will send you text that you can translate that I can then add to the game.

Why do loyal family members just randomly rebel? Even when the FL has high authority, I don't get it.

Also I get frequent CTD's during Novgorod's turn, in both of my campaigns I started.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 13, 2018 at 01:39 PM.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

What does the enchanced version adds to the 7.0 version of this mod?

I hope you guys translate enchanded version.Without it BC 7.0 unplayable for me, battles,end turn,even looking to unit descs crashes my game.

THAT instalation guide doesn't work. English translation causes crash
    Last edited by Lopatou_ovalil; December 06, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Hello.! First of all congrats guys for this awesome outstanding mod my favorite overhaul of MTW2/Large Map you putted great work and love for this mod that make me go and play again the game and have fun bravo and btw I love the music of other video games too that are in.! The old timers like me would recognize the tracks.! My only problem is that i play with England and my units names most of it are with Italian names and stuff.! All other things are in English so far.! I downloaded and installed the game v7 into the mods like you say, copy/paste the files of the bug fixer and then the English Text Final 7 the files in Text/World paste to the same folders inside the mods Text/World folders.! Is there a different fix/English text do i make something wrong or something or is a work around to do to fix this at least for my English campaign.! Thanks in advance guys.???

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I will be putting the text to english to this mod, with your enchanced submod. It just will take a while, i guess.

Will there be any more patches or no? Just wondering that's all! Mod is great so far!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

I merged the files of the Enhanced submod with the English tranlation for BC7, however one of the units from BC Enhanced, the Radhanite Archers (apparently ported over from TATW - the model's named breeland_archers_lod0.mesh), makes the battles crash. Is there a know solution for this?

The last time I installed the Enhanced Submod for Bellum Crucis 7.0 it ctd on me. Idk why! Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast