Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

mhm it requires editing of several files to make the changes you seek...

for now, I suggest you do a comparison of vanilla files and submod files using Notepad++ and compare plugin, so you can see the main differences and do your own editings... cannot focus on this aspect atm :/

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

I will do my best, even if I can't really understand what the changes made to the AI, nor in the descr_strat (apart form the alternative AI personality) in e. descr_unit or building. or in campaign_db etc..

Anyway, thanks again.

ook, I see... well, to start with easier things, try to take and adapt to your liking more understandable contents, and in case you can release a new submod for public downloading..

Prego, ruggero

Is this mod dead or they continue updating his great work?

hehe, well in theory, till I'm present it cannot be considered dead (although I'm collaborating for other mods now)... surely, the development is very slow now, as the former team left, but there is always a possibility to get assisted by new modders too..

White Flag.

it's from the first days of the year that I'm trying to understand, modifying and comparing here and there... I'm afraid it's something that is beyond my ability.

the white flag is about asking surrender when you besiege cities... if they are a lot weaker than you, they will surrender, give up the city and flee... try to examine it in phases, once you get the structure, isn't so difficult to edit..

No, not the White Flag Script..

My only goal is to understand why the AI in your submod recruit agents and build ships, while in the basic version of bellum crucis 7 not.

it's something I don't understand, having completed hours and hours of work from november and december of the last year. I can't understand it.

I raise the white flag

The reason is too high regeneration of units recruit pools in vanilla bellum crucis 7. The AI preferentially recruits units and if the regeneration is too high, it doesn't recruit any agents, ships, etc. In ultimate submod the regeneration is decreased.
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

Thanks vsivak

so the only change I have to do is in the export_descr_building.. am I correct?

yes, you may start with pools/availabilities in the EDB and then, if you are comfortable, see what editings were done to the EDU of the Enhanced and take inspiration from it for your own editings..

I have made the change in the replenish pool in the EDB, reducing it to the same values as your submod; I also increased the turns needed to create a unit in the EDU, but nothing has changed: the AI continues to not recruit merchants and ships.

On agents, denying the ai to invest most of it's money in recruiting at every turns should help, but did you also checked the capability of the buildings that produce the agents? Does the ai even have such buildings at game start? If not, it might take a while before they build them, it's not a exact science, unless you give most settlements at least some start buildings to recruit agents.

On ships, it's not a exact science either but in my ai tests, factions prone to naval invasions in descr_sm_factions, and some ai specific labels in descr_campaign_ai_db, are more productive on ships, and that's logic, though other factors are to be taken here, like with the agents. Beside not every faction should be navally invasive, they would sometimes just spam ships for nothing, wasting their ressources. There is a balance to find even for naval oriented factions.
    Ai is a difficult subject to explain, and there are no fast switch to tell it to do this or that, it's a combination of several files.

I don't have BC so can't help more to point the differences you seek in the two versions.

On agents
    1) How can I force the AI into not spending everything they have in recruitment units for each turn?
    2) the AI has numerous recruitment structures acting since the first turn both in Vanilla and submod version of BC: for example at the beginning of my game with the submod, the "Moors" recruit 4 or 5 imams (all in the first 8 turns), while in vanilla version of BC they do not recruit any imam even at the sixtieth turn or even more (same with merchants).

On ships
    1) in the desc_sm factions many nations have enabled the option of naval invasions.
    2) I tried to copy some section of descr_campaign_ai_db of the submod in the vanilla BC: does not change anything.

I hope not to disturb, I just wanted to understand this aspect to be able.. one day.. replicate in my mod.

I really appreciate your effort in doing your own submod!!

Overall, it's a mixture of different elements... part done in EDU, others in EDB, then the campaign ai, the sm_factions and other few files..

atm I cannot provide a full explanation for those (and I do not have the Enhanced at hands), but try to see with care the differences of BC and Enhanced, the answers are in those files..

Ruggerro, there is no disturb, and it's completely understantable that you want to figure it out. I am telling you what I observe in my ai work on my mod, but unlike say, invasions, defense and some diplomatic decisions, there is no way to directly tell the ai what to do with it's money, not simply at all, and not everyone use the same ways to deal with it. I can't download BC to look at what they did regarding money scripts, recruitments, possible agents limits to avoid spams, and factions income, plus possibly other factors I don't have in mind so I am reduced to general advices.

If you reduced replenishments and increased units training turns, then you already did the heavy on reducing ai tendencies to stack spam. The rest depend on what kind of money debt scripts there is in BC. Here is a nice fresh tutorial on, in my opinion, the best money scripting principle:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nt-debt-script

Else, did you check if there are agents limits differences between the two versions, in EDB? Or if the cost are different?

Regarding ships, same things may apply, that and the defend/invasions set up in descr_campaign_ai for good gestion of naval invasions, it really depend.
    Someday I might write my own tutorial on some ai aspects, though the specifics of your questions I am still testing and observing to understand... By deduction I can say that most likely, something specific in vanilla BC is blocking ai to spam, because when nothing stop it, ai is fairly generous in agents and ships even when it is wasted ressources on their current situations, whatever it might be. Look for deliberate limits differences, either in EDB or campaign_script is the most accurate thing I can think off without knowing BC.

If you have already, then there is something else in BC maybe.

I thank you for your help.

For the scripts I limited myself to insert in the campaign_script of the vanilla those used in the submod: which are the anti-bankrupt script and carl the taxman. Nothing has changed.
    The agent limits in the EDB is identical between the submod and the one that I'm testing.

With a little patience I will find the way..

ook, good starting then... yes, try to compare the mentioned files and take back everything suits you... the Enhanced is totally open-source, so just use it at your liking..

keep me informed about!!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Still no word on a translation for the latest submod?

mmh, isa0005, as far as I know, it's still fully in ITA, no sign of translations.. :/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast