Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Yes the base rebelling ratio in this submod must be tuned down, everyone rebels all the time.
    One thing I recommend disabling is building forts, because the AI doesn't know how to use them and will rather put their troopers in said forts rather than cities/castles (which they usually leave with small garrisons anyway).

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FlavioGalerio View Post
    One thing I recommend disabling is building forts, because the AI doesn't know how to use them
    it s an extreme measure, i love my forts (well, except a few ones, i use them just to waste money when it pile up [and no, i don t like to give it for free to papal state, not even in game ] ), and the most of the time AI build forts to leave them the next turn: never happened in my games an AI fort with a long term garrison.

about AI's city garrisons, i'm working on them (till now with no success, but i am beaten yet not still defeated). The simplier way would be a spawntroops script such garrison script whom works just when the attacker is a local foction... but i'd rather find a more elegant solution

Hi Zaramorte! There's a new Italian Discord Channel for Bellum Crucis, are you in? I know you are still working on this masterpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaramorte View Post
    it s an extreme measure, i love my forts (well, except a few ones, i use them just to waste money when it pile up [and no, i don t like to give it for free to papal state, not even in game ] ), and the most of the time AI build forts to leave them the next turn: never happened in my games an AI fort with a long term garrison.

about AI's city garrisons, i'm working on them (till now with no success, but i am beaten yet not still defeated). The simplier way would be a spawntroops script such garrison script whom works just when the attacker is a local foction... but i'd rather find a more elegant solution

I've seen the AI building several forts close to each other on borders more than once, it's really pretty dumb. Even on Stainless Steel with different AI mods they were never able to use them properly. In the end it's a mechanic useful only to the player so I prefer to toggle it off.

Regarding the garrison script, I think the one in Third Age Total War does work for every settlement, have a look at that.
    Last edited by FlavioGalerio; August 06, 2022 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavioGalerio View Post
    Regarding the garrison script, I think the one in Third Age Total War does work for every settlement, have a look at that.
    Thx for suggestion: I hope to find a way to force AI to keep a reasonable garrison in towns (but, considering the rigidity of the AI system i'm not sure it's possible without damaging the mobility of the AI factions) but in case the TA script could be a decent alternative.
    That mod has another interesting script too.. the respawn dead faction one (although, at first glance, i'm not completly it could be work with BC - not having played with TA, i'm doubtful it even works there, to be honest )

i'm finishing to work to a trait implementation [to make it possible to the exinguished noble houses to respawn by marriage and adoption (for both local faction and not) , and to make it possible for original faction houses to get the royal founder|blood trait in case the one that had it was extinguished, or the House founder trait for not original ones], then i'll work on those scripts.

Hi everyone!
    I have a save error that I can't get around, anyone had something similar?

21:27:46.708 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    21:27:46.708 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    21:27:46.708 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    21:27:46.708 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    21:27:46.708 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    21:27:46.708 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    21:27:46.708 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    21:27:46.708 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:31:14.872 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <devastation_cav_living_on_land>
    : PercentageUnitCategory needs a living character with an army.

Somone can help me?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678