Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by templarblak View Post
    bro the enhanced submod crashes when i am gona start a battle with a mercenary unit in my army... any solution?
    There are missing files for Rhadnite Archers, which cause crashes when loading. So you have to avoid bringing them into battles.

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 + bugfixer - SUBMODS and UNOFFICIAL PROJECTS Thread

I'm just gonna play in Italian, until an English translation for the mod come's out .

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

This should do 'till then.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Elendil 03; February 25, 2020 at 12:51 PM.

I don't think the submod is really worth the effort to get it work, it might just be me though, been trying for more than a week, everyday.

Scratch that it's worth it

I'd say it is. How did you install the mod files you're trying to get to work and what's the problem with it?

What am I supposed to do here??? How do I make this go away and stop repeating? I am not a fan of such mechanics.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; April 10, 2020 at 04:13 PM.

It's the "a traitor to our people" message that pops up whenever one of your gens turns rebel. Does it always show up with the same name? If so, I'd use the kill_character command to get rid of the notification. If not, well, then I'd advise you to take better care of your generals.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    It's the "a traitor to our people" message that pops up whenever one of your gens turns rebel. Does it always show up with the same name? If so, I'd use the kill_character command to get rid of the notification. If not, well, then I'd advise you to take better care of your generals.
    He is the faction air with almost Max loyalty and despite my limited comprehension of Italian, I cannot find a single negative trait that has anything to do with loyalty(fidelta), he even has the "feels appreciated" trait. The faction leader has almost max Authority, so what am I supposed to do about this? I have to use my generals, I cannot have them just sit in settlements, in case of random rebellion.

So I want to find this and mod it out, but I can't cause I can't figure out what trait it is, I think figured out the event but not the exact cause.

The frequency of CTDs during AI turns is too much, but now I cannot play a battle with Venice against the Fatimids on the campaign, map, it just always crashes either as soon as I start the battle or little after it, I just don't get what's the problem(all of their and mine units look fine, I played around with graphics options etc..), everything works fine and then just BAM a crash. I think its probably some script issue, and I cannot do anything about it.

I think I am done with this "Enhanced Bugfix" version, I remember playing 7.0 vanilla and 6.3 and never seeing so many god damn CTDs.

The problem is that there are 4 different descr_strat files in the mod that are in the base, ufficiale, data, and imperial campaing folders. Drag and drop the file dated 2017 (that enhanced one) into other folders, otherwise the game returns to the beginning screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammarmest View Post
    The problem is that there are 4 different descr_strat files in the mod that are in the base, ufficiale, data, and imperial campaing folders. Drag and drop the file dated 2017 (that enhanced one) into other folders, otherwise the game returns to the beginning screen.
    I just did this and added them into a nice and easy to instal .rar file. I hope someone finds it useful. Just drop into the mod's folder.

09 Descr_strat files.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Inconveniente View Post
    I just did this and added them into a nice and easy to instal .rar file. I hope someone finds it useful. Just drop into the mod's folder.

09 Descr_strat files.rar

Thankyou very much

Anyone knows a way to bring back conversion towns or cities to castles?

This mod is great, but that's the only ahistorical problem i found and i would like to fix it myself, if there's no one interested in fixing it.

As the richest emperor of Europe i would like to develop a simple Citadel at the border of my empire, that's historic.

I removed the permanent stone forts, because that's not historic, an army couldn't build an impregnable stone castle in enemy territory, in one year, with just food supplies and no citizenship workforce. So i removed that and left it as wooden fort, as vanilla. If anyone is interested i can upload the files.

But i have tried to add the vanilla possibility to convert towns to castles, which is actually historic, and so far i only got crushes to CTD

What i did is to add this at the end of export_descr_buildings.txt:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

building convert_to_castle
    {
    convert_to convert_to_city
    levels village_to_wooden_castle small_town_to_stone_keep large_town_to_castle
    {
    village_to_wooden_castle city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 800
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    small_town_to_stone_keep
    }
    }
    small_town_to_stone_keep city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 1600
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    large_town_to_castle
    }
    }
    large_town_to_castle city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 3200
    settlement_min large_town
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }
    building convert_to_city
    {
    convert_to convert_to_castle
    levels wooden_castle_to_village stone_keep_to_small_town castle_to_large_town large_castle_to_city fortress_to_city
    {
    wooden_castle_to_village castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 800
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    stone_keep_to_small_town
    }
    }
    stone_keep_to_small_town castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 1200
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    castle_to_large_town
    }
    }
    castle_to_large_town castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1600
    upgrades
    {
    large_castle_to_city
    }
    }
    large_castle_to_city castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 3200
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    fortress_to_city
    }
    }
    fortress_to_city castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 3
    cost 6400
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

I also tried with this: factions { all, }
    Still crushes to CTD.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance
    building convert_to_castle
    {
    convert_to convert_to_city
    levels village_to_wooden_castle small_town_to_stone_keep large_town_to_castle
    {
    village_to_wooden_castle city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 800
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    small_town_to_stone_keep
    }
    }
    small_town_to_stone_keep city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 1600
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    large_town_to_castle
    }
    }
    large_town_to_castle city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 3200
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }
    building convert_to_city
    {
    convert_to convert_to_castle
    levels wooden_castle_to_village stone_keep_to_small_town castle_to_large_town large_castle_to_city fortress_to_city
    {
    wooden_castle_to_village castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 800
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    stone_keep_to_small_town
    }
    }
    stone_keep_to_small_town castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 1200
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    castle_to_large_town
    }
    }
    castle_to_large_town castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    ;convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1600
    upgrades
    {
    large_castle_to_city
    }
    }
    large_castle_to_city castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 3200
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    fortress_to_city
    }
    }
    fortress_to_city castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, nativeindian, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 3
    cost 6400
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

If you copied that entry from another mod, the cultures might not match. Or the EDB file you've pasted it into might have the maximum number of building trees already (128). You might need some pictures for the buildings too. And you have to edit export_buildings too, to add a description for the new buildings.

It's most likely the last one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    If you copied that entry from another mod, the cultures might not match. Or the EDB file you've pasted it into might have the maximum number of building trees already (128). You might need some pictures for the buildings too. And you have to edit export_buildings too, to add a description for the new buildings.

It's most likely the last one, though.
    Thank you for the answer.

The entry i copied is from vanilla and the cultures from the mod. Also the picture and descriptions were there already, so the modders must have kept them there despite of not being used.

So, most likely the problem is in the limit to number of buildings. I'll try deleting a couple of buildings, i didn't know about that limit.

On the other hand, lately i've being thinking that there's plenty of castles already in the mod, and that makes the AI more competent. So, maybe i shouldn't spend more time on this feature anymore and leave it the way it is now... i didn't play enough yet to judge.

What i've already finished is a submod that i'm going to publish as soon as i'm finished testing. I brought back the full campaign, all cut off features from version 6.3 are there now. Also i added a couple of scripted features: recruiting from population and disbanding to population (just like it was in rome TW) and also i've added reemergent factions (when there's a revolt because of low Public Order now the rebels that spam will be the dead faction that had that territory originally, only if that faction doesn't exist), i love that feature from Total Vanilla Beyond and i brought it here to Bellum Crucis!

However, in this submod i removed the AI debt system, because that's what was making the turns too slow. I'm still testing that and in turn 30 only my two neighbour factions have money problems (must be because i'm sabotaging their buildings all the time (for testing other features and balance)). I'll keep testing to turn 200 and if there are more factions with money problems i'll bring back the AI debt system. Another reason i removed it is because i like economic wars, now raiding and blocking trade routs have an impact and i like that.

The rest of features added are working flawlessly! yay!!

oh, i forgot to say, i also changed that too big (plastic looking) sword from captains to a normal sized normal looking sword. Didn't like that one. Did anyone else notice that sword? it was killing my immersion to the game, but maybe other people liked it.

I'll publish it in a couple of weeks more or less, when i test and play enough (i don't have much time to play, so it will take at least that time).

I just counted the number of times "levels" appears in EDB and it's 129. So it might be that there are too many building trees.

The changes to population based on recruitment script will increase end turn times. I deleted the one Broken Crescent Buff & Shine had and the end turn times dropped significantly.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Got a good report on my TrueGeneral tactical AI minimod installed on BellumCrucis.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-Aimless-Steel

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I just counted the number of times "levels" appears in EDB and it's 129. So it might be that there are too many building trees.

The changes to population based on recruitment script will increase end turn times. I deleted the one Broken Crescent Buff & Shine had and the end turn times dropped significantly.
    Well... i suppose it depends on the computer: so far in my computer (intel i7 2,8GHz 8GB ram) one round of turns for all factions is taking only one minute long (i'm in turn 60, the first turns are faster). The scripts i removed are:
    CARL THE TAXMAN
    HOLDING YOUR OWN CAPITAL CITY
    LAST STAND FOR WEAKENED FACTIONS
    mantenimento insediamenti (settlements maintenance).

(i think those first three scripts are from enhanced submod, the last script i suppose is from the original mod, because the title is written in italian).

The scripts i added are all from full campaign from version 6.3, plus the ones i adapted: population recruitment and reemergent factions.

I don't think one minute is very long... and i thought it would be really slow after introducing the script for reemergent factions, because it's adding 25700 code lines (introducing one monitor per settlement).

After testing, the only problem i noticed is that i'm swimming in money. In turn 60 I only conquered 6 regions and i got too rich (half a million bezants right now). So i'm thinking about bringing "mantenimento insediamenti" script back.

That script is using FactionIsLocal, so it affects only human players. I can see in the graphs that most factions are swimming in money too, so with or without that script the AI works fine, it's only a challenge for the human player.

Shame on me, i didn't know about "Crescent Buff & Shine" submod and i already finished the recruitment from population script for that mod

Update: Now in turn 65 it's taking 2 minutes per round of turns.

Still i think it's ok, those two scripts are worth that time

By the way, i have a question. Bellum Crucis has a lot of buildings, so when i build everything i can't see all the buildings the settlement has, because it can only show 4 rows of buildings. Is there any other way to see them all? on the enemy's i can use the spy and scroll down, but i can't do that on my own settlements.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast