Thread: Article: The August 2017 Writers' Study Safari

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Article: The August 2017 Writers' Study Safari

Default Re: Article: The August 2017 Writers' Study Safari

congratulation to all winner, so many an excellent AAR to read, I love how @de Bodemloze style to introduces the AAR's, well done.
    Last edited by Johnadiw26; August 06, 2017 at 06:19 AM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Wow, thank you for including my story in your guided tour. I'm happy to report that a third chapter of Toutatis Favours the Brave went up just the other day, with a fourth and more in the works. Also congratulations to the competition winners, and I look forward to reading some of the other works detailed here soon.

All the Best, Welsh Dragon.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Thank you, Johnadiw26, that's very kind!

Welsh Dragon, you're very welcome. And I'm very happy to hear there's more of your AAR (and even more planned)!

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

A great article, really handy if like me you are useless at keeping an eye on the scene - many thanks for summarising for us.

Can I book a slot on the next safari?

What i dont understand is does this review only post links to stories of winners???But then what about NCR .

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...Pkj875lho2DaNA

This story is good too and updated more than many others on this list .Reallity stories are bitter but also sweet ,for once pause the medivalistic magical and ancient stories and try reading recent stories and you will began to love them too .

No, mad orc, this was not intended to contain only competition winners. It includes other AARs and Creative Writing, chosen from the pieces that had been most recently updated when I wrote it. There are far too many pieces in the WS for me to include all of them!

Thank you, Shankbot!

Tickets for the next safari can be obtained from the imps stationed next to the exits.
    Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; August 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM.

Just saw this. Nicely done! Is it to become a regular summary? (Apologies if it already is and I never noticed )

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Article: The August 2017 Writers' Study Safari

Quote Originally Posted by mad orc View Post
    https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...Pkj875lho2DaNA

This story is good too and updated more than many others on this list .Reallity stories are bitter but also sweet ,for once pause the medivalistic magical and ancient stories and try reading recent stories and you will began to love them too .
    Want to start this off with: Fantastic job Caillagh! Also, gratitude for the mention of UD!

Mad Orc@: I hope it has not offended you. But, as Cailagh said, there are way too many Creative Writing pieces and AARS for him to get to them all.

However, I do want to point something out. We all have perspective and taste. So, stating that people will love a certain story so long as they read it isn't strictly true by any sense. I, for one, hate romance novels.

I'm just not a romantic.

But, don't fret too much, my friend. I'm sure your works will get mentioned next time

Kind regards to you all,

Tigellinus
    Last edited by Tigellinus; August 21, 2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Misspelt Caillagh with Cailagh :P

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

(I completely missed those last two comments till now - sorry about that.)

Thank you, Admiral Van Tromp, that's very kind. We used to have something similar to this, in blog posts written for us by Merchant of Venice, but it hasn't been something we've done for a while. I'm hoping it will become a regular (or irregular - every so often, even if not at specified regular intervals) feature, although obviously the final say on that rests with Alwyn, as the Critic's Quill Content Director.

Tigellinus, thank you. You're also very kind. (And you're very welcome for the mention of UD. Having won the most recent MCWC pretty much guaranteed you a mention this time round. )