Thread: [MOD POLICY] Rules and Policy about Bellum Crucis, its Submod and its Stuff

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Icon4 [MOD POLICY] Rules and Policy about Bellum Crucis, its Submod and its Stuff

Hi all,

in order to make it clear for everyone, i post here all the info regarding the rules and the policy of BC and its stuff.

POLICY ABOUT BELLUM CRUCIS STUFF

The Bellum Crucis Stuff is subdivided into 3 parts, each one with its own policy:

1) BC 3D models (and their textures) can be freely used by everyone and everywhere following this policy --> CLICK_ME

2) The map tga files and the BAI/CAI files can't be modified: you can't use them anywhere and, if you create a submod that involves this files, you can just fully replace them (this files can't even be modified by the BC team itself). This is due to the ban imposed by the modder that has created this files.

3) All the other stuff has been made by modders that are not active anymore and that have not left a clear and explicit policy about their creations: all i can say about it is that it can be for sure used and modified without problem to create BC submod, but i don't know if and how it can be used also for other stand alone projects. If you want to use it, that is fine with me, but i can't assure you that it's fine also with this modders if they will reaturn in future!

POLICY ABOUT BELLUM CRUCIS RELEASE AND SUBMODS

Last but not least, i want to point out that the last and final official release of Bellum Crucis is the 7.0 and that noone can create a subsequent official release: remember that BC belongs to Medieval Total War Italia and that it has its own standard of developent, so a new release can't be developed in a context different from Medieval Total War Italia and without the participation of at least one of its directors.

But you can freely create all the submod that you want, even if they completely revolutionize the mod gameplay!

If you want to create a submod of Bellum Crucis you just need to agree to the following rule:

- The author (or the authors if they are more then one) of a BC submod directly agree, with just the release of his submod, to the possibilty that the suff contained in it may be eventually used (as it is or with some modification) in an hypothetical future official release of Bellum Crucis without the needing of an additional consent. Who doesn't agree with this official rule must not release any submod because, due to this clear and explicit rule, he can't avoid to respect it (even if he later retire his submod).

This rule aim to add value to the community spirit that have always characterize this project and to discourage individualistic and egoistic attitudes that may produce just hate and damage.

If the Bellum Crucis team will choose to use a submod stuff for an hypothetical future official release of Bellum Crucis:
    1) the submod author will be informed with a PM
    2) the author name will be added in credits
    3) the BC team may ask the author to join in it
    4) the BC team will give the author a special banner for his signature

Thanks for your attention,
    The Bellum Crucis Team
    Last edited by +Mr.Crow+; August 07, 2017 at 07:51 AM.
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!