Thread: [ANNOUNCEMENT] What Is Dead May Never Die!

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Default [ANNOUNCEMENT] What Is Dead May Never Die!

Hi All,

i'm very happy to see that finally BC has its own section. As i said in the other thread, we haven't opened this section in the past because we didn't have nor the people neither the time to take care of it. But now, with the help of rafmc1989 and with the english translation, we finally have this dedicated section!

The BC history starts long time ago on the italian community called Medieval Total War Italia. It has born as a "community mod": a project that was entirely made with the direct cooperation between a group of talented modders and the italian community.

Unfortunately, like everyting in this life, it has had a start and it has had an end. Starting from 2012, when the version 7.0 was still under developent, many BC modders left the team. Somone has just disappeared, someone else has just changed its interests.

But BC has received his "coup the grace" by one of his ex director in the end on 2013 with the infamous "map ban": our talented mapper (and ex co-director) has left the team because of an internal quarrel and he has forbidden us to use the map for a new release. The aim of this "map ban" was to prevent the release of 7.0 version and to cause the death of BC with the version 6.3. This means that all the graphical progress (the rework of 500 3D models) and the 2 new factions provided by the 7.0 version have risked to be lost forever.

Fortunately, i've some problem to accept the surrender, expecially when it's an unconditionally surrender. So, after the map ban, i've talk to Gigantus here on TWC about it and he said that it was not fully legit: noone can allows a mod to use its stuff for years and then forces the same mod to not use it anymore. But he can forbid the mod to modify it in future versions. So i've been able to release the 7.0 version of BC without change anything on map tga files.

But with the 7.0 version (and its hotfix), BC developent has ended: after the realese of the 7.0 version, the few team members still active have left the modding activity. I'm the the only one still "alive" and in 2015 i've started a personal project on the italian community about Northern Crusades. I don't know when i will finish but i'm continuing to work on it.

So now i'm sure that many of you are wondering why this section has been open now that the mod is virtually ended its life...The answer is that the mod is over, but not the users' enthusiasm: with this section all the users will have a place in wich discuss about the mod and in wich release submod!

So i hope that you will continue to enjoy this mod that is the result of the free work of many people during the last 10 years!

Best regards,
    +Mr.Crow+
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Default Re: What Is Dead May Never Die!

+MrCrow+, I really feel obliged to carry on what you and our Italian community started time ago.

Yes, it's true, Bellum Crucis may be at its end of development, but I'll try my best to continue it (and hopefully, getting the assistance of new modders interested to it).

The BC legacy will survive, that is my PRIMARY DUTY for it here on TWC!!!

No ban or external avoidance will harm BC, as its soul is and will be alive forever...

I really feel obliged to you for everything, GRAZIE!!!!

It would be nice to import the thread about Bellum Crucis into this subforum.

Edit: Ok, I see you've already thought of that.

Libertus

Mr.Crow+, thank you and all your team for your genious mod Bellum Crucis! I played BC many years.

Very good.

I still remember how frustrating it was to play it long ago in Italian, I could not understand anything, yet it was so good, I still tried.

I've made a map some years ago,but this map still have many things to finish,If your are interested in my map,I will upload it and hope to see someone finish my map

Default Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] What Is Dead May Never Die!

ah really, could be a nice addition to the mod itself...

ok uploading the files and some pics of it would be ideal... This can be part of the unofficial projects for BC!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-conquest-mod

An old preview,in fact I haven't continue my work after that,but maybe you can try my terrian textures firsr

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

That map looks stunning, againster!

Mhm, nice map indeed...
    Yes, BC has different settings in terms of factions and distribution of regions and places (having reached the gaps for units, buildings and factions, there is no point in changing it anymore), but the new textures can be a really nice addition to the current map!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So much for "What is dead may never die" am I right? lol

BELLUM CRUCIS is the best mod for me, I made 2 mods on its base: Moldova Total War: Blood on Steel 1359, MTW: Ottoman Invasion 1453!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gntCmmAFqhA