Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [ASK THE BC TEAM] DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

Default Re: [ASK THE BC TEAM] DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

Ciao!

About the agents, try to see in the export_descr builsings about the agent_limit entry (to stimulate more; you can increase the limit for the AI factions using the event_counter that you see in the campaign_script, the one putting conditions for whether the Human or the AI). moreover, you could decrease the recruit_priority_offset of units in the export_descr_units, so there will be higher attitude towards agents.
    For the techs, the Byzantines start better than others, hence you'll have to wait more to unlock new ones.

For the message events Byzantium should have the same scripts as the others in the c_s, I'll need to look at it...

Default Re: [ASK THE BC TEAM] DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Ciao!

moreover, you could decrease the recruit_priority_offset of units in the export_descr_units, so there will be higher attitude towards agents.

Ti ringrazio ma devo chiederti di essere un po' più specifico, esattamente di quanto lo dovrei abbassare? Non vorrei mettere numeri a caso, perché usando la funzione "cerca" vedo parecchi recruit_priority_offset che vanno da 15, 24 a 22... devo modificarli uno per uno?

Thanks but I have to ask you to be a bit more specific, exactly how much should I decrease? I would not want to put numbers at random because using the "look" feature I see several recruit_priority_offset ranging from 15, 24 to 22 ... should I edit them one by one?

Yep, it involves all units in_game... it's simple to mod, but takes a bit of time...

Generally, in the EDU system I started to use some time ago I follow a logic like that:
    - 6 tiers division for the units
    - due to this division, the offsets are: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 (plus 40 for special units, like chariots, elephants, or other unique units; and 50 for bg units)... Together with higher lmits for the AI agents in the EDB should do the trick to stimulate the AI... You could even use negative offsets, but generally it's advisable to keep positive values (lower, but positive)...
    Moreover, check that AI factions have already the relative buildings to recruit and they are not in bankrupt...

Yep, it involves all units in_game... it's simple to mod, but takes a bit of time...

Moreover, check that AI factions have already the relative buildings to recruit and they are not in bankrupt...
    Ho controllato e gli unici edifici assenti sembrano essere quelli per le spie, mentre quelli per i mercanti e gli assassini sono regolarmente presenti. Forse dipende anche se una fazione è in guerra? Per esempio ora confino con il regno di Gerusalemme e in effetti non avrebbero motivo di mandarmi contro un assassino, e i Cumani con cui sono in guerra mi sa che non hanno le strutture apposite. Mi sa che forse mi conviene aspettare fino a campagna inoltrata e vedere un po', ma comunque i soldi ce li hanno... reclutano sempre.
    Altra cosa: il patriarca ecumenico compare vicino Costantinopoli se è governata da una fazione ortodossa, giusto? E come mai da me non c'è? In un'altra campagna lo avevo visto, stavolta è assente...

I checked and the only buildings missing seem to be the ones for the spies, while those for merchants and assassins are regularly present. Maybe even if a faction is in war? Maybe I should wait and see a little but they have the money... only Portugal is in bankrupt.
    Another thing: the ecumenical patriarch appears near Constantinople if he is governed by an orthodox faction. But he is it not present in this case. In another campaign I saw him, this time no...

Mmh, I see... well wait a bit more too, but try modding in the EDU and EDB, it helps out the stimulation of agents...

For the Patriarch, it appears near Constantinople but some pre-requisites must be achieved for the Orthodox... do not remember precisely now, but the spawning is in the campaign_script (if you can, try to check how it appears)...

Haha, btw, thanks for the observations!

Inoltre, hehe, più in là faremo anke una nuova preview di DBM (ho ripreso a lavorarci sopra), in caso ti interessa.

try modding in the EDU and EDB, it helps out the stimulation of agents...
    Fatto, ti farò sapere...

Is it my imagination, or are archers somewhat ineffective?

most units have 2hp in their statistics, hence archers less to be less strong... btw their damage is ok at the end (better lower than higher),then it depends if it rains, if you are on hill or not, and if you are targeting high armor units or not (and the distance of the hit)... all aspects complementary to the missile damage...

Allora, ho modificato l'EDU con valori più bassi e fatto 2 campagne, una con il Sacro Romano Impero quasi fino al 1190 e una con la Francia (sono al turno 65, più o meno). Con l'Impero, nonostante le modifiche, i vari agenti non venivano reclutati all'IA e praticamente il collegio dei cardinali era formato solo da miei vescovi. Poi il salvataggio per qualche motivo è saltato e non ho più potuto continuare.
    Con la Francia invece l'Impero ha reclutato svariati vescovi, e con una spia ho visto che l'Impero bizantino ha un giovane vescovo, quindi reclutano pure loro. Per quanto riguarda il resto delle fazioni europee, nessun altro recluta agenti. Le strutture sono presenti, ho verificato, ma niente.
    A proposito del patriarca ecumenico, compare fin al primo turno a Costantinopoli, mentre nella mia vecchia partita con i Bizantini non c'era proprio.

So, I modified the EDU and I did 2 campaigns, one with the Holy Roman Empire almost until 1190 and one with the France (I'm at the 65th round, more or less). With the Empire, in spite of the changes, no one recruited agents and practically the college of cardinals was formed only by my bishops. Then the save for some reason went to hell and I could not continue.
    With France, however, the Empire has recruited several bishops, and with a spy I saw that the Byzantine Empire have a young bishop, so they also recruit them. As for the rest of the European factions, no other recruit agents. The structures are present, I checked, but nothing.
    On the ecumenical patriarch, he compares a Constantinople from the first round, but in my old game with the Byzantines he was missing.

Mhm, probably there was some sort of limitations of agents for the Byzantines either in export_descr_buildings or campaign_script...
    due to my impossibility to check directly (for now), try to check in the edb (for "agent limit" and "recruitment of agents"), and check also the spawning of the patriarch in Constantinople (part of the c_s: mhm porbably there is some conditions whether it's Local Faction or Not Local)... try to examine there

Is the mod dead?

Hi as someone who is a complete mod newbie (took me years to get used to downloading patches and only mod I ever played was with Steam workshops) I want to ask in comparison to other mods I heard about , like Stainless Steel, what does Bellum Crucis have that makes it better or at least different? From a visual standpoint it seems to have better looking units then SS but I kinda want to know some basic things like gameplay and how they are unique or not.

Well it's always a matter of taste and personal liking, in any case..
    I suggest you try and compare with what you are used to like...

BC has its own dynamics in units, strategy, mechanics, eras/factions, scripts, etc.. th gameplay is usually hard when you choose VH, due to the increased bonuses to AI... gameplay goes from mid-1100 to mid-1400 around..

Well it's always a matter of taste and personal liking, in any case..
    I suggest you try and compare with what you are used to like...

BC has its own dynamics in units, strategy, mechanics, eras/factions, scripts, etc.. th gameplay is usually hard when you choose VH, due to the increased bonuses to AI... gameplay goes from mid-1100 to mid-1400 around..
    I would kinda like a bit more info, I don't think the TWCenter wiki has info on this game and I was just hoping to find more info about, particularly on the factions units like the stainless steel site has on it's factions and units. I have never downloaded a mod outside of using steam so I would just like a more info before starting to go in on others.

Giving info is more tedious and complicated than it seem (or maybe it's just me), but there is already a good idea on the download page:
    http://mtwitalia.freeforumzone.leona...scussione.aspx
    There is also a manual at the end, in Italian sure but not every mod has one.

Get out of the 'easy' way of steam would be my advice, read on directly at the source of mods.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Making a new AI for 6.3 version on a local forum. If you have interest I can upload it here when it will be done.

Also made an optimized version of campaign_script for faster performance.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Have you seen Mongols here in Bellum?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

How do you change your faction heir? I saw it listed as a feature but don't see the option

Thanks because I really need help with a recent problem that may have started when a power outage shut the game down while running. For some reason I can no longer drop treasure at the Capitol. The denari are badly needed, and it also means that most of my generals have the movement penalty of carrying treasure around with them until they die. Has a file been damaged that can be replaced? The strange part is that even after reloading BC this problem is still there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast