Thread: I'm a little confused about raiding!

Default I'm a little confused about raiding!

Hello! A fan here, I'm enjoying the mod very much so far.

There's just some questions I have about raiding.

1. While I do know that I need a family member to raid, would it help(gain more money) if I add tropes to the member while raiding?

2. Am I supposed to stay in one place for many turns or move to the new location once the previous location is devastated?

3. Does it help if I go for lands with high fertility or it doesn't matter if I go to hills and woods and such.

Thank you in advance and and sorry about my bad English.

Default Re: I'm a little confused about raiding!

The only thing that matters is having an FM present. Size of army or location makes no difference at all, the script that does it is very simple. Two turns in a spot, then move, you get nothing for any subsequent turns after the second.

Interesting. How many FMs can raid a province at one time?
    Is there a cooldown period?

Any FM can do this to any province whose owner is az war with you, there is no cooldown time. If you combine raiding with ambush, you can hide your FM from the enemy, and in theory, can devastate every single accessible tile in the province - perfectly valid tactic for a neighnouring province you do not want to conquer (desert, Eremos, etc...).

There is a limit though, if you have more than 10 (15?) regions, raiding is disabled.

Now I'm confused. Can you actually gain money by devestating the enemy's tiles? I always thought it only diminishes the enemy's income.

Yeah you gain money. Wouldn't be much point to raiding eleutheroi provinces otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SoMe-1 View Post
    Now I'm confused. Can you actually gain money by devestating the enemy's tiles? I always thought it only diminishes the enemy's income.
    There's a script which enables the nomadic and barbarian factions, when they are small (and before any reforms that convert to Eastern Imperial) to get 800 mnai each time they devastate a new tile.

Oh cool, I didn't know that!

Thank you all for the answers! I was also confused if I should wait until the tile is devastated or not, but now I know.

I'm very sorry but there's just one more thing I was curious, when do I get paid for raiding? Do I get it right after the devastation/after that/when the FM returns to the owned land?

Quote Originally Posted by maxmizer View Post
    Thank you all for the answers! I was also confused if I should wait until the tile is devastated or not, but now I know.

I'm very sorry but there's just one more thing I was curious, when do I get paid for raiding? Do I get it right after the devastation/after that/when the FM returns to the owned land?
    Since it's script based, you have to hit "end turn" for the gains to show up in your treasury (at the start of the next turn).
    EBII Council

Now I know all the things I wanted to know. Thank you all again.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Since it's script based, you have to hit "end turn" for the gains to show up in your treasury (at the start of the next turn).
    In which line of the financial overview can it be seen?

It's poured into the 'Corruption and other' megamix, bottom line of the income column, so can't really differentiate it. But it's constant 800/turn/raiding FM, so you may count it for yourself, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    It's poured into the 'Corruption and other' megamix, bottom line of the income column, so can't really differentiate it. But it's constant 800/turn/raiding FM, so you may count it for yourself, I guess
    Yep, it doesn't have it's own line. You'd have to raid one turn, make a screenshot of the income screen, and then NOT raid on the next turn and compare the two.
    EBII Council