Thread: Question about 1.6

Default Question about 1.6

Hi!

I have a couple questions regarding 1.6.

1. I am curious about whether or not 1.6 does feature a full English translation yet. I saw Gigantus guide to 1.6 say that it didn't feature English text, but seeing as the guide was posted in early 2016, I wonder if a translation has come now seeing as we're halfway through 2017 by now.

2. How does 1.6 fare when it comes to sub-mods? I noticed a lot of sub-mods were aimed at 1.51. I am curious to hear the opinion of the community with regards to anyone who wish to use sub-mods, and possibly any suggestions you might have to make with regards to particularly good mods to take notice of. I am completely new to COW when it comes to sub-mods.

Thanks in advance for any answers or help you can provide
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Default Re: Question about 1.6

Hi Campidoctor.

1. As far as I know, the English translation is relatively complete, and everything that is important for the game is fully translated.

2. I am recently working on a few submods for 1.6 :

At the moment, I have nearly finished a mod, which will reenable growth, but with restrictions, so that it is lore friendly, and you do not have new Altdorf everywhere at turn 100.

Also, I am working on a better version for the German translation since many things are still Russian there.

I also do have an idea about a modding series in mind, in which I will implement more and lore friendlier victory conditions for some factions.
    I already tested some things out, but I will need a lot of time until I am ready for the "first" episode.

Quote Originally Posted by DerChronist View Post
    Hi Campidoctor.

1. As far as I know, the English translation is relatively complete, and everything that is important for the game is fully translated.

2. I am recently working on a few submods for 1.6 :

At the moment, I have nearly finished a mod, which will reenable growth, but with restrictions, so that it is lore friendly, and you do not have new Altdorf everywhere at turn 100.

Also, I am working on a better version for the German translation since many things are still Russian there.

I also do have an idea about a modding series in mind, in which I will implement more and lore friendlier victory conditions for some factions.
    I already tested some things out, but I will need a lot of time until I am ready for the "first" episode.
    nice work mate hope to see it when 1.6 comes out

Hi mr.playa,

I haven't visited the forum for about a month, and school has kept me busy, that's why I only progress slowly.

My improved translation will be published soon, I'm almost finished with it.

Unforunately, my project with the aim of reenabling growth will still take some time, because I have to test out some ideas to create a well balanced mechanism ...
    Probably I'm going to create a tutorial how to reenable growth by yourself, and later upload a complete submod.

I'd also like to give a preview on my planned modding series for the far future :
    The first episode will be about the dark elves, you won't win the campaign by conquering a large part of the map anymore. It will be more about capturing slaves, annihilating the high elves and gaining influence at the Witch Kings court.

How much effort is it going to take for me to get the mod working on my computer. It didn't work too well on the last computer I tried it with but that one just wasn't all taht great
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Got it to work on my new rig, might play around with fixing it up.

I have a rough idea for a submod that seeks to create an alternative to the region swap script. Instead of tailoring the campaign map for each faction's difficulty I'll create a default setup that doesn't require swapping things around.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!