Thread: Unit comparison question

Default Unit comparison question

Hi, so I have a question about similar units in similar regions that have very different costs.

Illyrian Thorakitai v Thracian Colonists

Same defensive stats, ap swords (7 and 8 attack respectively), similar morale, Thracian is noticeably cheaper. I know that y'all price units based on a number of factors, but even reading the descriptions for the two units nothing is really popping out as to why there's a pricing difference. It seems to me like both the Illyrians and Thracians are both similarly warlike people who adopted Hellenic armaments. Also, it seems like the other Illyrian units are much more aggressively priced for their effectiveness (their peltasts are arguably the best levy skirmisher unit in Europe, their thureophoroi and hoplites make for fantastic light infantry, and their light cavalry are some of my favorite non-HA cav).

I have similar complaints about Hyrcanian Hillmen and Tabargane Eranshar...

Not here to whine, I know that y'all put a ton of thought and detail into why you stat and price units in a certain way, and I've been really excited to see all the changes to the units since EB1 (like how Gaesatoi are no longer little incredible hulks).

Default Re: Unit comparison question

I have a thread for stuff like that

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-for-balancing

Default Re: Unit comparison question

Sweet, I'll move this there. Mods can delete this if need be?