Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31b Alex released!

About this
    A - village cost is 0 but you can't build one when in debt
    This may be hardcode, when you are in debt computer knows that you are unable to build anything even if it is free.

About the rest i don't know something but how it's supposed to be factions in debt when there is a money script to prevent this.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapacem View Post
    alright what kind if genious idea it was to remove fatigue like really, you cant run down skrimishers, not even with a cav for some reason, thats how fast they are on no fatigue, i just installed the fatigue fix but this battle im fighting still has no fatigue and its the biggest pain the aaaaaaaaa ever
    You and everyone else Please read the first page. I gathered all the info in one page to be easy to read and understand.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfram View Post
    Playing as Rome I seem to only be able to recruit Hastati and Princeps in Rome herself, despite the description saying:
    "They can be recruited in the central Italian provinces Latium, Umbria, Etruria, Apulia, Liguria and Campania. These are the heartlands of the Res Publica, filled with our colonies founded during the epic struggles of the past centuries."

Is this intended, but then the description is wrong, or is this a bug?

Tried to use the recruitment viewer but then there is a popup saying:
    "Connection informations are missing. Please fill in missing data or run program in different mode."

The Samnite and Bruttian units (which I can recruit in the roman start towns which are not Rome) cost much more upkeep while having similar strength, so I conclude that Princeps are always better to use.
    This change is an old one from legendary eb modders of the past. But no one changed ever the description.

The Samnite and Bruttian units (which I can recruit in the roman start towns which are not Rome) cost much more upkeep while having similar strength, so I conclude that Princeps are always better to use.
    Well you build Princeps only in rome, everywhere else you build samnite and bruttian.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    About this

This may be hardcode, when you are in debt computer knows that you are unable to build anything even if it is free.

About the rest i don't know something but how it's supposed to be factions in debt when there is a money script to prevent this.
    Perhaps I may have missed the script activation once... For sure I was in debt for 35000 mnai when it occurred. But hey no problem there is a thing called plunder and Seleucoid beings' towns are a good target to replenish my treasure coffins in no time...

Hey Bogia,
    Is there any quick way to check each faction's respective "homeland" regions without having to go faction by faction?
    I've also restarted quite a few times as the Seleucids and I feel that I could make a decent updated guide for a set of opening moves. Does this interest you?
    While we're on the Seleucids, why are there starting generals Whereas the Ptolemies & Pahlava have absurdly amazing ones?
    I've noticed that the Koinon Hellenon's general by Kydonia NEVER does anything. At least while playing as the Seleucids! I just end up moving him with commands to Mainland Greece where he's useful and the greeks aren't able to get steamrolled by Macedon.
    I've also had problems fighting a manual battle West of Alexandreia, I get CTDs whenever I would attempt to lure out the garrison with a unit they would place by the port. I ultimately just auto-resolved and nothing else ever hindered me in terms of CTDs.
    Could I get a reasonable answer as to why the fort and watchtower prices were switched? Was it because of LegendOfTotalWar's spam against the horse nations to the NorthEast? lol
    You never did answer my bug problem but I'd just like to understand why it crashed when I messed with the unit shaders?
    Thank you for your work and I love this mod you and your team has worked on. Keep it up

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

anyone else getting missing models in the latest release (on roman general, certain Epirus hoplites etc)

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

I am unable to use the Recruitment viewer that I install from the folder E:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\EB Installers

there is a prompt saying: "Connection informations are missing. Please fill in missing data or run program in different mode."

Also, what are "Unit documentation" and "Trivial Script"?
    I installed all three but cannot use the recruitment viewer.

I have recruitment viewer v0.9 form the EB website.
    Is this here a new version?

It is possible to replace the music of the mod with the original music file from the game?

Guys i am reading all the comments but currently i am Erasmus in Czech Republic and it's difficult to mod when you are drunk almost everyday...

icenii's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Guys i am reading all the comments but currently i am Erasmus in Czech Republic and it's difficult to mod when you are drunk almost everyday...
    Where's the conflict being drunk and modding, you make it sound like you can only do one or another, ever heard of multitasking ?
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icenii View Post
    Where's the conflict being drunk and modding, you make it sound like you can only do one or another, ever heard of multitasking ?
    Jeez mate, give him a break I'd almost say you're trolling or something.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg_GR View Post
    It is possible to replace the music of the mod with the original music file from the game?
    Just replace the descr_sounds_music file with the original one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogged View Post
    Hey Bogia,
    Is there any quick way to check each faction's respective "homeland" regions without having to go faction by faction?
    I've also restarted quite a few times as the Seleucids and I feel that I could make a decent updated guide for a set of opening moves. Does this interest you?
    While we're on the Seleucids, why are there starting generals Whereas the Ptolemies & Pahlava have absurdly amazing ones?
    I've noticed that the Koinon Hellenon's general by Kydonia NEVER does anything. At least while playing as the Seleucids! I just end up moving him with commands to Mainland Greece where he's useful and the greeks aren't able to get steamrolled by Macedon.
    I've also had problems fighting a manual battle West of Alexandreia, I get CTDs whenever I would attempt to lure out the garrison with a unit they would place by the port. I ultimately just auto-resolved and nothing else ever hindered me in terms of CTDs.
    Could I get a reasonable answer as to why the fort and watchtower prices were switched? Was it because of LegendOfTotalWar's spam against the horse nations to the NorthEast? lol
    You never did answer my bug problem but I'd just like to understand why it crashed when I messed with the unit shaders?
    Thank you for your work and I love this mod you and your team has worked on. Keep it up
    -Is there any quick way to check each faction's respective "homeland" regions without having to go faction by faction?
    Go to EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and open the CAMPAIGN_SCRIPT.TXT
    Then search for "homeland", you will find homeland regions for every faction.

-I've also restarted quite a few times as the Seleucids and I feel that I could make a decent updated guide for a set of opening moves. Does this interest you?
    You can always make a new thread about it. Everything AAR/guide is usefull.

-I've also had problems fighting a manual battle West of Alexandreia, I get CTDs whenever I would attempt to lure out the garrison with a unit they would place by the port. I ultimately just auto-resolved and nothing else ever hindered me in terms of CTDs.
    Somewhere i saw some reports about this i will note this.

-Could I get a reasonable answer as to why the fort and watchtower prices were switched? Was it because of LegendOfTotalWar's spam against the horse nations to the NorthEast?
    Well i don't like the player to abuse the ai with forts. If he wants he should pay.

-You never did answer my bug problem but I'd just like to understand why it crashed when I messed with the unit shaders?
    I think graphics about units etc should be medium.
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; October 06, 2017 at 05:50 AM.

icenii's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Jeez mate, give him a break I'd almost say you're trolling or something.
    No neighbor i was just joking, obviously my humour was lost upon you, i appreciate the work that is done by each modder out there, and follow this updated mod closely as I'm excited too see where @bogia takes it.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

No neighbor i was just joking, obviously my humour was lost upon you, i appreciate the work that is done by each modder out there, and follow this updated mod closely as I'm excited too see where @bogia takes it.
    I'm sure Aexodus meant well friend, I "got" your tongue-in-cheek comment but perhaps you could add a laughter smiley[] in future to convey your intentions, text doesn't have an audible voice and can often be misread. Humour is different in accordance with the many nationalities on the forum, I find this helps as it's happened to me on occasion too
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 06, 2017 at 10:58 PM. Reason: typos
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31a Alex released!

maybe this is a dumb question but do i need eb 1.1 installed then 1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by kodman View Post
    No offence but yes it's a pretty dumb question, have you not gone to the OP of this thread for the download link? the installation process(with pictures) is also there in a drop down spoiler menu
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 07, 2017 at 02:48 AM.

icenii's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I'm sure Aexodus meant well friend, I "got" your tongue-in-cheek comment but perhaps you could add a laughter smiley[] in future to convey your intentions, text doesn't have an audible voice and can often be misread. Humour is different in accordance with the many nationalities on the forum, I find this helps as it's happened to me on occasion too
    I'm sure your'e correct and i certainly wasn't mad/cross at Aexodus, as i'm on my 3rd country i know things don't always sound the way we mean them too and even harder when in text, I'll be certain too add a smiley next time, unless i'm sad . Enjoyed your series on Ab Urbe Condita by the way, a much under appreciated mod.

Quote Originally Posted by kodman View Post
    Indeed is a very dump question...

-No

I'm sure your'e correct and i certainly wasn't mad/cross at Aexodus, as i'm on my 3rd country i know things don't always sound the way we mean them too and even harder when in text, I'll be certain too add a smiley next time, unless i'm sad . Enjoyed your series on Ab Urbe Condita by the way, a much under appreciated mod.
    No problem laddie, I hope you never feel sad though. Thanks for watching my Let's Play, I'm glad you enjoyed it, even though I abandoned it, at the time the intention was to update the changes with the 5.2 version and continue but which unfortunately I did not manage. Do you know I just recently restarted with the latest version?, Zipzopdippidybopbop has taken it to version 6 now and made it much tougher for the player. Here is the link if you would like to watch it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...nkQcR5d_OOcfEl