Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

Default Re: EB v1.32

So I know the -ne and changing screen display to 1024x768 trick to avoid crashes, but now the problem goes to the new units.

I have only tested some out in custom battle and don't know how they play into the grand campaign, but it looks like the stats for many of them use EB 2 style stats, which many vets would know are completely different from that of EB 1 on the Rome 1 engine. So some of the units having only say, 2 morale, would make them very susceptible to instant routs considering that even the crappiest of EB 1 units don't go below 8 morale (IIRC).

Also with the Kestrosphendonetai and Gastrephetai Hellenikoi, is the AI limited on their ability to recruit these? They seem ridiculously OP, able to utterly destroy many units from the front.

I'm still playing 1.31c Alex... so yeah I'm still sticking with it for the mean time.

Kudos to EB 1 Team!!!

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31a Alex released!

Has anyone else downloaded and installed the EB 1.3 version for RTW and did not see the changes?
    I can see that the installer says it's 1.3, but are the files really from the 1.3 installer?
    My point is that :
    - I don't see the fatigue being removed
    - landbridges are non existent
    - the ownership change for the provinces in Asia Minor is not mirroring the changelog
    - the cost of the units is still the same
    - cost of the watchtowers is still 1500mnai

Can someone confirm this ?

I must've downloaded 5 times the installer and I cannot see the changes that were described in the changelog
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Default Re: EB v1.31c Rreleased!

Quote Originally Posted by Visadio View Post
    You can always start the game as the romans for example, and enter cheats to switch to carthage. That worked last time I tried.
    Hello.

That cheat sounds very fun. I have never heard of it? What is the command that you type-in to Romeshell (the cheat-box) to activate it?

Does it work with Rome: Total War, or does it require the Alexander .exe file?

Cheers.

-
    G. Ward

im currently playing alex 1.32 version and have the same CTD others have reported with recruitment screen which is making the campaign unplayable

any work arounds to this or links to previous versions? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReichMaster420 View Post
    im currently playing alex 1.32 version and have the same CTD others have reported with recruitment screen which is making the campaign unplayable

any work arounds to this or links to previous versions? thanks
    I 2nd this too.

i also have a recruitment screen 'R' key ctd with general who constantly conquer cities in battle. not autosolve.

it seems auto-managing everything solve this problem at certain point or lucky turn. but not 100% sure.

anyway please fix it!

+ im not 100% sure but wealthy traits casue ctd..
    Last edited by servent9; October 18, 2019 at 04:03 AM.

I'm fairly certain the 1.32 patch link is broken in the post. Mediafire says the file has been removed.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by shadeo11 View Post
    I'm fairly certain the 1.32 patch link is broken in the post. Mediafire says the file has been removed.
    I just checked and you're right the link is dead.

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31a Alex released!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    Has anyone else downloaded and installed the EB 1.3 version for RTW and did not see the changes?
    I can see that the installer says it's 1.3, but are the files really from the 1.3 installer?
    My point is that :
    - I don't see the fatigue being removed
    - landbridges are non existent
    - the ownership change for the provinces in Asia Minor is not mirroring the changelog
    - the cost of the units is still the same
    - cost of the watchtowers is still 1500mnai

Can someone confirm this ?

I must've downloaded 5 times the installer and I cannot see the changes that were described in the changelog
    The changelog I found says that these are the latest updates so I don't see where you're getting your info from.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: EB Finale; Part 1

EB Finale part 1 released!
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

EB Final 1 does not seem to extract. Very odd.

Edit: ALX only? Guess I'll wait for some kind of guide as this "failed to read censored word dictionary file eb/data//chat_filter.san" is unpassable.
    Last edited by RangerGxi; December 03, 2019 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerGxi View Post

Edit: ALX only? Guess I'll wait for some kind of guide as this "failed to read censored word dictionary file eb/data//chat_filter.san" is unpassable.
    Could you please describe step by step what you did?
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

I can extract it. The archive contains two folders e.g Data, EB and each one of those two folders have subfolders.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hello All,
    I created a video with some simple instructions:
    https://youtu.be/_KVdp50q4Yc

still have CTD around 40turns in or so when clicking on generals son when he comes of age

Quote Originally Posted by ReichMaster420 View Post
    still have CTD around 40turns in or so when clicking on generals son when he comes of age
    Which faction?
    Guys when you report a bug please give as many details as possible in order to reproduce it and fix it.

I have installed it - Finale 1. It works normal on strategy map, but crashed immediately when I was trying to enter battle.

i was playing as sweboz, when reikiwulfaz comes to age, if i click on him i get ctd. this is steam version

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I can extract it. The archive contains two folders e.g Data, EB and each one of those two folders have subfolders.
    I have tried to extract it on several downloads and it seems to be corrupt every time. Very odd as I recently just extracted a mod for Darkest Hour. I will just assume the issue is on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Could you please describe step by step what you did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLae5hvX2qs&t

I used this guide for the installation of ALX (minus the patch). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Steam and the Gamespy update.

I have tried to extract it on several downloads and it seems to be corrupt every time. Very odd as I recently just extracted a mod for Darkest Hour. I will just assume the issue is on my end.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Steam and the Gamespy update.
    Which file archiver are you using e.g WinZip, 7Zip, WinRAR?

In cases like this I recommend using WinRAR since it supports both .zip and .7z archives.

What Gamespy update are you talking about? I thought Gamespy doesn't exist anymore due for shutting down FilePlanet over 5 years ago.