Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31b Alex released!

Sorry for the spam, I don't know how to edit posts or if it's even an option.
    Was it intentional to make the general that spawns at Tarsus for Arche Seleukia have a hellenistic spearmen unit as a bodyguard? and as for another update, I've managed to get through 30 turns without a crash. It must be the unit shaders option.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Dogged View Post
    Sorry for the spam, I don't know how to edit posts or if it's even an option.
    Was it intentional to make the general that spawns at Tarsus for Arche Seleukia have a hellenistic spearmen unit as a bodyguard? and as for another update, I've managed to get through 30 turns without a crash. It must be the unit shaders option.
    Hmm he was the general from mazaka so yes i need to change the bodyguards
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    No they are not included.
    Would you like to fix those bugs? Especially the siege tower bug and anti-trait bugs annoy me. (they are fixable)

Question from a noob.
    I have never played Europa Barbarorum but RTW and RTW:BI.
    I wanted to play EB now and found this thread when looking for a download.

So, which version should I use? 1.3 or 1.31b Alex?
    Or would it be better for the time being to use 1.2?
    I'd like to play a germanic faction if that matters for which version suits best.

Does using "1.31b Alex" mean I will be playing a modded Alexander campaign? i.e. in Greece and middle east.
    Or is it simply using the Alexander engine but the same map and factions as the "normal" game?
    Same question goes for EB 1.2 with BI.

Does EB provide a "modded BI" resp. a "modded Alexander" campaign or is it always the "big" imperial campaign?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

It's always the same campaign if thats what you mean, but you can play it on different engines. If you don't have the Alexander expansion you can't play 1.31b Alex. I would recommend 1.3 on the BI engine.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    It's always the same campaign if thats what you mean, but you can play it on different engines. If you don't have the Alexander expansion you can't play 1.31b Alex. I would recommend 1.3 on the BI engine.
    Yes, that's what I meant^^

What I understand from this thread is that 1.3 is for RTW and 1.3b is for RTW:Alexander but none are for BI. Am I wrong? Is it most common to use the Alexander engine?
    I have the Steam Gold Edition including Alexander.

Blog Entries

Well I'm currently playing 1.3 on BI fine.It works on the BI and RTW exe's. Apparently Alex is a better engine so perhaps you'd be better off using that. It's really up to personal preference, but i believe Bogia has made the most changes from 1.2 to 1.3 on the Alex version.
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Why were all the historical battles of 1.21 removed? I thought those were fun btw im using 1.3 as I dont have alex
    Last edited by thingy850; September 26, 2017 at 07:37 PM.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Ok guys since i see many of you are confused how to use the alex engine (although is very simple if you follow the instructions) anyway i will upload a bi version of 1.3
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Now that I look at it, how come a ton of the changes from 1.21a are not in 1.3?? The historical battles are gone and watchtowers are back instead of villages. Did I mess up installation and get 1.2 instead?

Playing as Rome I seem to only be able to recruit Hastati and Princeps in Rome herself, despite the description saying:
    "They can be recruited in the central Italian provinces Latium, Umbria, Etruria, Apulia, Liguria and Campania. These are the heartlands of the Res Publica, filled with our colonies founded during the epic struggles of the past centuries."

Is this intended, but then the description is wrong, or is this a bug?

Tried to use the recruitment viewer but then there is a popup saying:
    "Connection informations are missing. Please fill in missing data or run program in different mode."

The Samnite and Bruttian units (which I can recruit in the roman start towns which are not Rome) cost much more upkeep while having similar strength, so I conclude that Princeps are always better to use.

alright what kind if genious idea it was to remove fatigue like really, you cant run down skrimishers, not even with a cav for some reason, thats how fast they are on no fatigue, i just installed the fatigue fix but this battle im fighting still has no fatigue and its the biggest pain the aaaaaaaaa ever

yeah so its still doesnt work, really what a great change guys, I dont even feel like playing this now, all the units just run nonstop like some retarded goats flying thru space

well so it might not crash ur game but you have to start new campaign for it to work, oh well

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dapacem View Post
    alright what kind if genious idea it was to remove fatigue like really, you cant run down skrimishers, not even with a cav for some reason, thats how fast they are on no fatigue, i just installed the fatigue fix but this battle im fighting still has no fatigue and its the biggest pain the aaaaaaaaa ever
    b0Gia is a highly thought of developer of long standing in these parts, he gives his time, knowledge and hard work to provide us the opportunity to play his mods ALL FOR FREE, I work with a modding team(in a small way) I know how difficult it is to put one together, you could be a bit more respectful in the manner in which you put your question, perhaps then you might get the answer you require, just like the mod, civility costs you nothing, you can always learn how to make the changes yourself, or alternatively, just don't play it
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 29, 2017 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Can someone answer why there seems to be less content in 1.3 than 1.21a?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thingy850 View Post
    Can someone answer why there seems to be less content in 1.3 than 1.21a?
    Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    I tried to make 1.3 work with bi but i couldn't make work the most important, the unit formations so i didn't continued that. But maybe could make a simpler version just to work with bi but i need to remove the extra units because there is a limit of 255 units.
    I imagine it's things like this. Personally I would probably play on Alex if I had it, but I'm content with bi for now.

If you don't like certain parts of a mod, you can change it yourself, it's not that hard just requires a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfram View Post
    Playing as Rome I seem to only be able to recruit Hastati and Princeps in Rome herself, despite the description saying:
    "They can be recruited in the central Italian provinces Latium, Umbria, Etruria, Apulia, Liguria and Campania. These are the heartlands of the Res Publica, filled with our colonies founded during the epic struggles of the past centuries."

Is this intended, but then the description is wrong, or is this a bug?

Tried to use the recruitment viewer but then there is a popup saying:
    "Connection informations are missing. Please fill in missing data or run program in different mode."

The Samnite and Bruttian units (which I can recruit in the roman start towns which are not Rome) cost much more upkeep while having similar strength, so I conclude that Princeps are always better to use.
    it is intended to only be able to recruit Hastati and Princeps in Rome herself
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Dapacem View Post
    yeah so its still doesnt work, really what a great change guys, I dont even feel like playing this now, all the units just run nonstop like some retarded goats flying thru space
    Fatigue Enabled
    Info
    Extract into your RTW folder. Compatible with 1.31 series. Save game compatible.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/f0ccoi...ue+Enabled.rar

My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

About the 258bc crash bug. After long playtesting, I managed to figure it occurs to me when

A - playing as Pahlava, Saka or Bactria
    B - one of these factions has a negative treasure with 10000 or more debt
    C - the bactrian character Patrocles Marakandaios is being besieged by you or another faction.

It never occurs if this guy is killed in battle.
    My sistem stats are Alex disc version on Win10 with security drivers reinstalled.
    But I found a couple of bugs.

A - village cost is 0 but you can't build one when in debt
    B - as Saka, faction leader Satraces - 10 stars general, eight famous battles on his curriculum vitae - cannot ambush. It results in a crash.

How can I post the game?