Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31b Alex released!

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Pretty sure it could as it is applied to the actual exe not the mod right?
    Dont know about rtw but not speak about this. Call it somewhere else.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by thingy850 View Post
    Can the 4gb patch could be applied to this mod to make it run more smoothly?
    Rtw is not Medieval 2, there are less scripts and i think it works good with 2gb ram
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Guys please read the instructions first page and apply any fixes you see there. 1.31 a and b change the game to run via Alex. Only original 1.3 run via rtw.

Ok, finally it worked with the alexander.exe shortcut instructions on the first site and it showed the right patch version in the loading screen.
    But the trivialscript won't work, either it crashed with the same error as before or it says, it cannot find the preferences file ( i had tried to copy it in the alexander subfolder or in the main folder, but it didn't change anything
    Anyway, thanks your work to this old mod, it is heavily appreciated

And the recruitment viewer also don't work, as if it cannot find some data, maybe I choose the wrong folder for something?

EB 1.31a Alex Released!
    Extract into your RTW folder

EB 1.31b Alex Released!
    Extract into your RTW folder after you installed EB 1.31a Alex.

Installation of EB 1.3

You need to install EB 1.3 into your Rome Total War Alexander or if you have it already installed into your Rome Total War folder, copy the folder EB into your Rome Total War Alexander Folder

What? Can you explain this? I have to install 1.3 on my Alexander folder, but 1.31a alex and 1.31b alex on my RTW folder??? Also what does Alexander even have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordados View Post
    EB 1.31a Alex Released!
    Extract into your RTW folder

EB 1.31b Alex Released!
    Extract into your RTW folder after you installed EB 1.31a Alex.

Installation of EB 1.3

You need to install EB 1.3 into your Rome Total War Alexander or if you have it already installed into your Rome Total War folder, copy the folder EB into your Rome Total War Alexander Folder

What? Can you explain this? I have to install 1.3 on my Alexander folder, but 1.31a alex and 1.31b alex on my RTW folder??? Also what does Alexander even have to do with this?

If you have Alexander, put it all in Alexander. The "RTW Folder" just was shorthand meaning into the game folder. You don't need to put into Vanilla RTW at all if you already have Alex installed.

Dear all,

I have a steam version of RTW-Alex installed. My CD version has not been working on my new computer, and I thus bought the steam version. The folder where "Alexander" is located is the following: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Alexander. Is it here I have to copy the files? Do I have to install first EB version 1.3, or juste EB 1.31a Alex, then EB 1.31b Alex, then the hotfix, then whatever changes I would prefer, like the 1.3 map and no landbridge, in this order?

Sorry, I am a long term fan of EB, and would love to play it again.

Thanks for your support,

FFJean

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear all,

I have a steam version of RTW-Alex installed. My CD version has not been working on my new computer, and I thus bought the steam version. The folder where "Alexander" is located is the following: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Alexander. Is it here I have to copy the files? Do I have to install first EB version 1.3, or juste EB 1.31a Alex, then EB 1.31b Alex, then the hotfix, then whatever changes I would prefer, like the 1.3 map and no landbridge, in this order?

Sorry, I am a long term fan of EB, and would love to play it again.

Thanks for your support,

FFJean
    Very simple if you haven't installed eb 1.3 yet install into your Alex folder. If you have installed eb 1.3 into your rtw folder just copy the eb folder and paste it into your Alexander folder.

And all the other into the same folder. Only 1.3 is for rtw all the rest require Alexander

Hey Bogia thank you for the update!!

Out of the box, I can't seem to get the unit cards stats & pics to show in the recruitment viewer. Is there anything I have to do to get this to work?

Thank you B0gia, will do as you say! The Alex folder is the Rome Total War Alexander for which I indicated the path on my PC?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Bogia, how trivial would it be for me to make the new map for Alexander to work for 1.3, which I currently play on the BI exe. Thanks
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Bogia, how trivial would it be for me to make the new map for Alexander to work for 1.3, which I currently play on the BI exe. Thanks
    Do you prefer bi to alex?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Do you prefer bi to alex?
    Yes
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Yes
    I tried to make 1.3 work with bi but i couldn't make work the most important, the unit formations so i didn't continued that. But maybe could make a simpler version just to work with bi but i need to remove the extra units because there is a limit of 255 units.

Blog Entries

Oh i see, I might try and get the new map working for my game then if its possible

Question, when I play custom battles why is it that some units are missing such as Accensi for example? Is that an error?

I don't know what in the world is going on with my game. Please bear with me. I had the old version of 1.21 or something like that. Everything worked out. No issues with it. But I came to the forums and decided to upgrade to the most recent version. I'll add and clear it up right now that I have the retail version. And I have multiple folders with different rome total war mods. Whenever I need to reinstall a mod or update I would just copy from the OG files which were never tampered with. Make a new folder and get be able to play different modded versions of RTW. I don't even know if any of this is relevant, so you'll tell me I guess. First time I installed EB 1.3 I got some chat sin error. I don't know what I did wrong but after reinstalling it worked fine and I was able to go through my new campaign as the seleucids. I didn't like the new land bridges so I looked at the optional mods. I then realized that by patching 1.3 with 1.3a/b was what fixed that chat sin error. BUT now I am having some exceeded record limit of desc_model or something. At least that's what your script app says. In game, it ALWAYS crashes when I try to attack with a manual battle at Mytilene with my forces from Sardis and Ipsus. 1st turn btw As soon as I click start battle it crashes. I don't know what I did wrong because I did the same thing I did before just that this time I've added optional mods. No land bridges, fatigue back, new look. I even tried adding the siege hotfix after 1.3a/b and I still get the same issues. I also didn't like your changes to the fort costs so I went back to desc_culture and changed the costs. Other personal changes I went through myself involved changed Nvidia settings. some pre-rendered frames to 1 instead of globald default settings. changing the program to run with my nvidia card rather than my laptop's integrated. That's about all I've done, I've tried putting everything back to the way it was and I still can't play the game anymore.
    Thank you for your time.

I've been trying to fix the issue myself for the past hour after my last post. I may have found a bug or something. Whenever I turn off unit shaders whether it be before the battle or during the battle. It will crash. Before the battle, I can't even get past start battle. During the battle, it's an immediate crash. I hope this helps with the issue. The script says it still exceeded the limit with or without the shaders on, so I don't even know if that's an analysis worth looking into.