Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: EB Finale; Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by oda2007 View Post
    I have installed it - Finale 1. It works normal on strategy map, but crashed immediately when I was trying to enter battle.
    Which faction?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    EB Finale part 1 released!
    What does this change?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cņ am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu brąth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhģthein buaile fąs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sģos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an ąird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Which faction?
    Sir, for all 20 factions...unfortunately

Hi,

I have the similar issue. Here is what I did:
    1) I have installed ALEX version from steam
    2) I copied folder containing ALEX and renamed it (this is because I want to have both vanilla and EB versions)
    3) downloaded files from here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?756173
    4) followed the instructions from the video
    5) followed the 3 steps provided below from link
    6) double clicked EB shortcut from desktop
    7) during launch I get message "failed to read censored word dictionary file data//chat_filter.san"

Could you please describe step by step what you did?
    Could you please help? What could I do wrong?

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

go to alexander folder and there you will find chat_filter.san. then go to eb/data folder and paste there.

Quote Originally Posted by Teobec View Post
    go to alexander folder and there you will find chat_filter.san. then go to eb/data folder and paste there.
    Already tried that. Didn't work

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Guys please follow the installation instructions.
    https://youtu.be/_KVdp50q4Yc
    Reinstall the EB and try again
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

So I haven't played EB in a long time and I've felt an itch to do so again. I applaud the continued support of EB but I'm a bit confused as to what this version includes. I saw your other threads showcasing previews for a 1.33 version but I have a feeling that the "EB Finale Part 1" is not the entirety of the 1.33 update. Can you give us a change log of the things that have been added by this "EB Finale Part 1"?

I installed by instructions. Historical battles a not working. Crashed. Cannot enter to battle in campaign. Very buggy version

Hi!Please,go to eb/data/world/maps/campaign and tell me how many folfers do you see and named them.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Hello! I've got a weird error. I install 1.3 in the Alexander folder. Change the shortcut link just like in the instructions. Then, i install EB Final Part 1, also in the Alex folder. But I always get CTD because of missing files/textures of ballistas, scorpions and repeating ballistas... Can anyone help me in what i'm doing wrong? thanks

Edit - Nevermind, it was a corrupt file through download. I've redownloaded the files, did as the intructions and it all works now!
    Last edited by Kindjal83; June 07, 2020 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Corrupt File /Download

Hi guys,

I finally got the EB to work with the Rome Gold with these options:

1. Install into the main game folder, not Alexander (!)
    2. Start using the desktop shortcut, not the script (the script starting and game management doesn't work)

What are the recommended difficulty settings, please?
    Last edited by Biges; June 09, 2020 at 06:42 AM.

The settings are VH in campaign and VH in battle for the best EB experience.

Seriously where are the patch notes for this.. you can't seriously expect people to want to play if you don't list the changes you've made.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Bark0z View Post
    Seriously where are the patch notes for this.. you can't seriously expect people to want to play if you don't list the changes you've made.
    You "seriously" can't expect a positive response when you ask a question so rudely, you come across as just another self entitled who does not appreciate the hard work & dedication put in by modders in their own time, that you get for free
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Is this the final version of EB? i see the EB 1.33 on the stickied thread

No. It is the up and coming version. Actually we will add new things in the next versions.

When I right-click on Sab'yn leader's portrait I always get a CTD but I am not able to pinpoint the possible causes.

I'm having the same problem as several other people have, there's a persistent CTD during the general's speech. Clicking 'start deployment' doesn't avoid the crash.

My installation is entirely correct as far as I can see. I'm not exactly hopeful about a fix as several other people have raised this issue without resolution.