Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

Default Re: EB v1.32

so I have to install 1.3 in the alexander folder and not in the rome total war general folder because I dont have it from Steam

Default Re: EB v1.3 - EB v1.31a Alex released!

so I have to instal 1.3 in the alexander folder and not in the rome total war general folder because I have the gold edition and not from steam

Hey I attempted to install this but it the links seem to install version 1.2 despite me reinstalling twice. Also what are the changes from 1.2 to 1.3? I can't find a change log.

It's been many years since I played EB, loved it and can't believe you've done an update so recently, wow.

Unfortunately, I have run into problems installing. I installed 1.3 and 1.32 as per your instructions for Alexander.

But when I double click the shortcut to run the game I get the attached error message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EB error message.jpg  

Default Re: EB v1.3

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    So whats new, most important:
    New Battle Ai from Germaniku5 plus new formations from Sinuhet's.
    New units from our team, and some from Rome Total Realism, credits to them!
    New city models from our team!
    Thanks again. I thought I played my last campaign. Another failed attempt at getting a Roman Emperor. But I saw the update and couldn't help myself. I am doing a test run with Ptoly. Can anyone tell me if remove giant trees mod is in this or should I install it?

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

"Please select an item from the list"

Does anyone remember what causes this issue when trying to start a new campaign?

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

I think it's because you are executing the wrong executable. Use the Barbarian Invasion executable or the Alexander one if you installed that version

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

but i am running alexander total war with this : -applaunch 4770 -show_err -mod:eb

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

I don't like Alexander.exe camera, so should I use EB version 1.3 for Rome.exe or should I go for EB 1.2 for better stability?

(Currently I installed EB 1.3 but in the game it shows 1.2 and I didn't notice any difference over 1.2. Also I didn't find any changelog on forums.)
    Last edited by CanOmer; February 27, 2019 at 03:38 PM.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

It's in the first page:

Edit the shortcut; -applaunch 4770 -show_err -mod:eb -noalexander
    or you can make a shortcut of Alexander and add
    -show_err -mod:eb -noalexander if you are not using steam

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Without Alexander installed?
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Hello, in the begining I'd like to thanks for this great and enourmous mod.
    I tried to make the mod working with gameranger by replaceing the RTW's Data files with EB's Data files, it kind of worked, I can start the game by RTW-Alex.exe (without any commands), however when I go to multipalyer, custom battle I am unable to see any factions, there is only one faction - "no faction".
    Is there any way to fix this?
    However when starting mod with " -show_err -mod:eb -noalexander" commands, I can see factions in custom's battle Multiplayer, but I am unable to start the mod with these in Gameranger. Anyone had any success with starting EB 1.32 MP (gold edition).

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Will EB1.3 for RTW be improved or has the project moved on to Alexander?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Hello to all, we have problems to support both versions (Alex and RTW) and since Alex is better and we can add more units i would say to support only Alex. I will try to prepare a new version plus with some instructions plus with a video to youtube.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Hello! Total war newb here. I've never played TW before as I was over in the Age of Empires 2 camp mining my stone, but when I saw an advert for the Three Kingdoms and a discount for the TW series on steam I couldn't resist. I purchased RTW & Alex, M2TW, & TWS2. I can't wait to try them all out and see if Atilla and Thrones might capture interest down the line, as I understand they're heavy on family tree lineage, mostly the latter. Warhammer 2 also looks neat.

Anyway, I thought of installing a mod or two as they usually improve gameplay, a.i., and overall experience so after narrowing to Realism, Surrectum, I opted for Barbororum. Everything's fine, except I just don't know how to install this. I don't understand the instructions to 1.3 on the first post. I think I've installed through the 1.3 launcher to a clean copy of RTW, but the in game RTW menu shows 1.2. I've searched extensively trying to find a list on how to install and the best I could come up with was a link found on another post here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S92ZAPFHqk&t=732s. This is for 1.2, so I don't really understand if the same process applies (custom maps link is also missing there).

I need help, can someone please help me understand how to install 1.3 EB? Many thanks in advance!

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Just installing it into the RTW directory is right. It still says 1.2 on the main menu, because b0Gia forgot to update it.
    IMO, if you are a total newb, you would be better off starting a Vanilla campaign and getting familiar with TW mechanics. EB is quite complex.

Alexander has a broken camera. Is there a fix for this? It is terrible.

I found it very interesting that, neither 1.3 nor 1.32 that I could enter the battle mode, but it works completely well if with 1.31a.

(All version is tested with Alex)

Default Re: EB v1.31c Rreleased!

You can always start the game as the romans for example, and enter cheats to switch to carthage. That worked last time I tried.

I get this when I use the installer Rome: total war not found or its registry might be corrupt

I have RTW patched to 1.5 and it works, any idea what should I do?