Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Release - New Version - Read here

Default Re: EB Finale; Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Zell97 View Post
    When I right-click on Sab'yn leader's portrait I always get a CTD but I am not able to pinpoint the possible causes.
    i have a same problem too.

but i think it is cause by wealthy or very wealthy trait.[like 1.32]

i hope this trait ctd will be fixed in the next update
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; October 14, 2020 at 08:07 PM.

Mr. Rhombus's Avatar Laetus

I'm very pleased by this version of the mod thus far, but I have been having a consistent problem across all factions that I've played where I will get a CTD when a character comes of age and I right-click on them to look at their traits (I also get a CTD when one of these characters is governor of a settlement and I open the recruitment tab). I first saw this with Epeiros, and I thought it might have something to do with the Spartan Agoge training script that I was getting after I took Sparte, but it seems that it's probably related to some trait(s). I'm sure that it's being worked on, so I think I'll just need to hold off on playing until the 1.33 patch comes out (hopefully soon!).

At the risk of sounding impatient and ungrateful, is there an ETA for 1.33, or is it a "we'll get there when we get there" kind of deal?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Hello All,
    About the bug with the trait please get this fix:
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/txz7trjthjets/EB
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Ardruire Iacób View Post
    I'm having the same problem as several other people have, there's a persistent CTD during the general's speech. Clicking 'start deployment' doesn't avoid the crash.

My installation is entirely correct as far as I can see. I'm not exactly hopeful about a fix as several other people have raised this issue without resolution.

Can we have some more clear reproduction steps?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Hello All,
    thanks for the update! but i still got a ctd from clicking recruitment tap or character information about Sabean leader at the first.

this is another trait bug?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-11-27 20-09-59-648.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	389.9 KB 
ID:	363092
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; November 27, 2020 at 05:11 AM.

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

Download the fix.And put it in the eb/data folder.

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Teobec View Post
    Download the fix.And put it in the eb/data folder.

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    ive done exactly same. but ill do it with reinstall

Edit: o i didnt download the text file

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2020-11-28 12-53-05-557.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	363099

i have to download each file manually.. cause im not the premium member so i miss one file hehehe

thanks for your works!
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; November 27, 2020 at 09:57 PM.

what about Finale version 2, which changes the siege devices optically? When can we expect this? I really liked the screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Hello All,
    I've downloaded the files from that link to the EB/Data folder per Teobec's instructions and started up a new campaign, but I still get a ctd when I click on characters who have just come of age. Not sure if I've done something wrong or what, but I did everything as directed. I'd hate to have to wait for the next part of the mod finale to come out before I can play again, but it seems like that's my only hope at this point.

It is ok.You just download the files in wrong direction.Download the fix in your desktop.The fix has two text files.1).The text file export_descr_character_traits.txt ,copy and paste it in the EB/Data file.2) The text file export_VnVs.txt, copy-paste it in EB/Data/Text file.

If anyone else is still using one of the pre-Finale EB 1.3 builds with those new late Roman units and wants to get them to work in battles, check your EB/Data/models_building folder, there was a models_unit folder erroneously placed there when I checked in mine. Move that back into the Data folder and the Danubian cohorts/Batavian auxilia/Roman Catafractarii/etc. should work in battles after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teobec View Post
    It is ok.You just download the files in wrong direction.Download the fix in your desktop.The fix has two text files.1).The text file export_descr_character_traits.txt ,copy and paste it in the EB/Data file.2) The text file export_VnVs.txt, copy-paste it in EB/Data/Text file.
    Did this right after you posted your reply to me, and now everything is fixed. Just wanted to give you my belated thanks; I'm loving the mod as Baktria right now!

Glad I helped.

Why is there no change log for this release?
    Last edited by Arshak I; March 05, 2021 at 11:12 AM.

I can't get it working on a disc RTW install although I followed the install instruction on the first post...

-I installed EB 1.3 inside the alexander folder
    -I put the EB Finale files inside the alexander folder, overwriting existing ones
    -created a shortcut to ALX.exe with parameters "-mod:EB -noalexander"

But whenever I try to launch it, I get the BI splash screen saying it couldn't load the chat_filter.san file

Also, are there still working links for old builds like 1.21a, 1.21b and 1.21c alx?
    Last edited by Spartan 666; January 08, 2021 at 05:22 AM.

Hi! Reinstall the mod in main RTW directory and use shortcut, not a Trivial script

I am on windows 10, amd machine (cpu and gpu). The longer past 250 BC my game goes, the more common ctd's become; upon leaving a battle, loading a save and sometimes even entering a battle. Is there any hope for finale part 2 or something? Will this be addressed in the future?

The fix for coming of age bug worked flawlessly for me btw.

Cheers.

Evening all! Loving the mod, I'm at 215BC with the Seleucids. I've never kept a campaign going so far! I have noticed though that some of the Roman units seem to be bugged; this message comes up when I try to play a few Historical Battles. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by WindGuru View Post
    Evening all! Loving the mod, I'm at 215BC with the Seleucids. I've never kept a campaign going so far! I have noticed though that some of the Roman units seem to be bugged; this message comes up when I try to play a few Historical Battles. Any help?
    Check your EB/Data/models_building folder for a models_unit folder erroneously placed there. Cut/paste the stray M_U folder back into the Data folder and see if the Danubian cohorts/Batavian auxilia/Roman Catafractarii/etc. work on the battle map after doing so.

Hi, I've looked for the folder, but it's just not there (i.e it seems to be in the right place).