Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Getting Great Graphics in Medieval 2 (how to make EB2 look as good as possible)

Default Re: Guide to Getting Great Graphics in Medieval 2 (how to make EB2 look as good as possible)

It is amazing tool. But I managed to break it. It was working great, but then I clicked on "Permanently push into aplication" buton and now my changes wont apply until I click it again. I tried to remove reshade and set it up again, but it is still broken. Is there a way to fix it?

Another problem I'm having is with depth of field. No matter what I do its getting workse and it doesnt look even close to presented pictures. Are there some presents for DoF ? Or at least some way to reset my saved changes? I changed so many values there randomly ... it is just blurry mess now.

Some pictures (default, 2 reshade)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by YourMadDoc; August 16, 2017 at 02:59 AM.

Default Re: Guide to Getting Great Graphics in Medieval 2 (how to make EB2 look as good as possible)

Great Job HaHawk !
    (+rep.)

Quote Originally Posted by cmlax999 View Post
    M2TW strikes again. Most of that ram is not being used, and most your CPU power is not being used (idk about GPU power). Hardcoded limits. I wish someone would hack some computer and just steal the M2 source code, honestly. So much could be done.
    Completely setting aside that that'd be illegal, I think at this point it's believed that the M2TW source code was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Draewn View Post
    Completely setting aside that that'd be illegal, I think at this point it's believed that the M2TW source code was lost.
    I dont think a company like CA simply loses the source code of one of their games.. Also I doubt the changes they made to the exe when porting M2TW to steam would have been possible without the source code.
    edit: perhaps they are keeping it incase they ever want to create a tablet/ipad app version of M2TW aswell

Thanks to Ha Hawk. M2 never looked so good for me. !!
    love your work.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

This has so wonderfully improved my gaming experience, I am ever grateful!

Though your 300 preset made my eyes hurt...

Hello, anyone know if this works for mac? And if it does, how can I do it? Thank you

I wish there was a written guide for this. I've always loathed watching a video with my slow internet in low resolution instead of being able to copy paste settings into files and simply download the required programs.

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to share their working files?
    Last edited by Seimour; October 21, 2017 at 09:45 PM.
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

I dont have any files to share right now, but this is basic guide what you have to do :

1 Edit medieval.preference.cfg :

antialiasing = 0
    anisotropic filtering = 0
    bloom = 0

2 Create profile in ATI/NVIdiacontrol panel for kingdoms.exe and enable antialiasing and anisotropic filtering.

3 Dowload & Install Reshade.You have two options here:

A Download "Reshade Framework 1.1.0.7" https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8ar...#9ckrmgp4813fy
    Extract, run Mediator and link it with kingdoms.exe on first window
    Create custom profile or copy/paste one of profiles https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87...ZFcGhiTzg/view

B Dowload newest Reshade 3.+ here https://reshade.me/
    Complete writen guide here https://reshade.me/forum/general-dis...-for-newcomers
    Idk about any profiles so you will have to create one.

Thanks
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

Does it work with graphic cards other than NVidia? Specifically Intel?

As long it has some control panel where you can create profile for applications it doesnt matter. I had ATI card so I used AMD Catalyst Control Center, I know Nvidia has their own version and most of other manufacturers use those two I think.

If you dont disable AA and AF in application, some effect as depth of field wont work at all. And you can set better quality through today's graphic card as you can in 15 years old game.

Reshade has its own, more advanced bloom effects so you should disable that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus V View Post
    Hello, anyone know if this works for mac? And if it does, how can I do it? Thank you
    Unfortunately, ReShade is not compatible with Mac and all my research to find equivalent apps were unsuccessful
    We Mac users will probably never be allowed to play with a good gaming experience

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

That's odd. ReShade dont seens to work for me in Medieval 2. Neither the 1.1.0 or 3.0.8. With 1.1.0 I have 0xc0000005 error message when trying to start the game, with 3.0.8 I hit the exe and the game don't launch neither any error message appears. I tried ReShade in other games and it seens to work fine. The only diference from HaHawk game from mine I noticed from the video is that he is using Steam, I still use an old disk version. May be it?

Thank you very much for the video guide, HaHawk!

Unfortunately, ReShade 1.1.0 Framework doesn't work with M2TW in my laptop but it does in other games... As I'm not pacient enough to make my own ReShade 3+ preset and if you are in my same situation, I would definitely encourage you to use this magnificent GEMFX preset made by luyspaulo for GEMFX 1.0.9. Despite it was originally designed for Rome II Total War, it perfectly suits EBII and looks astonishing!!!
    z3n was also impressed by this preset. Cheers!
    Last edited by jdofo; December 08, 2017 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post

Unfortunately, ReShade 1.1.0 Framework doesn't work with M2TW in my laptop but it does in other games... As I'm not pacient enough to make my own ReShade 3+ preset and if you are in my same situation, I would definitely encourage you to use this magnificent GEMFX preset made by luyspaulo for GEMFX 1.0.9. Despite it was originally designed for Rome II Total War, it perfectly suits EBII and looks astonishing!!!
    THX!Can you upload some pictures when use GEM 1.0.9?We want to see the effect in EB2.

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    THX!Can you upload some pictures when use GEM 1.0.9?We want to see the effect in EB2.
    https://imgur.com/a/u4KxM It is with profile jdofo recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/u4KxM It is with profile jdofo recommended.
    Great pics, YourMadDoc! Thank you, they look impressive.
    Last edited by jdofo; December 08, 2017 at 09:51 AM.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post

Great suggestion, man! ReShade also didn't worked for me, but GEMFX did! Not sure wich is best, HaHawk preset or the z3n, but since I can just one of them that was a no brainer.
    But let me ask you... WAY BETTER THAN WITHOUT but if there is a single thing that I didn't like in z3n preset is that it too much colorful but especially any white texture becomes to bright. To you know how I can tune it down a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    Great suggestion, man! ReShade also didn't worked for me, but GEMFX did! Not sure wich is best, HaHawk preset or the z3n, but since I can just one of them that was a no brainer.
    But let me ask you... WAY BETTER THAN WITHOUT but if there is a single thing that I didn't like in z3n preset is that it too much colorful but especially any white texture becomes to bright. To you know how I can tune it down a bit?
    Yes,I also think it's much colorful and too bright.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast