Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norsca

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Norsca

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/45...AMMER__Norsca/

Full unit Rooster: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/norsca-army-roster/

Battle playthough tomorrow.

Seems like the biggest DLC yet in terms of new content. Thoughts?

Default Re: Norsca

I think it is mostly consumer pandering as imo Norscans were fine as is considering they never had an army book. It will be even stranger if they somehow evolve to be more powerful than WoC who are already pretty weak especially the way MP is designed.
    I am glad they are expanding on the first game but I feel like the effort could have been better spent fleshing out other factions.

I can see factions like VC, Empire, Chaos, Greenskins steamrolling the map, but it would be extremely out of place doing it with what amounts to a bunch of squabbling technologically backwards tribals.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I actually quite like it for the reason there was no army book. Looks like CA is doing great job. Now imagine what they can do with Tilea, Estalia, Kislev.......And with each race/factions it looks like the Empire and some other faction will need some boost down the line. Especially for game three when we will probably return fully to Old World or maybe with Skaven....they also spread under Old World... Anyway. Norsca looks cool. Snow, mammoths, giants...bad ass Wulfrik i bet it will be now much more harder to conquer the north. :-)

Looks quality. CA seems to be making a priority of fleshing out rosters rather than accompanying races with campaign content. Good shout form a GC perspective.

Is this Early Adopter bonus going to playable before WHII is officially released or am I just making that up?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

think it is mostly consumer pandering
    What the hell is "consumer pandering" Gotta go through some serius logical mindbending to make this a bad thing.

I actually quite like it for the reason there was no army book. Looks like CA is doing great job. Now imagine what they can do with Tilea, Estalia, Kislev.......And with each race/factions it looks like the Empire and some other faction will need some boost down the line. Especially for game three when we will probably return fully to Old World or maybe with Skaven....they also spread under Old World... Anyway. Norsca looks cool. Snow, mammoths, giants...bad ass Wulfrik i bet it will be now much more harder to conquer the north. :-)
    Yeah this level of detail makes me almost certain well see a great version of Kislev for the third game. I think CA knows Kislev is the #1 wanted non-armybook faction.

Is this Early Adopter bonus going to playable before WHII is officially released or am I just making that up?
    August 10 i believe so Yeah
    Last edited by Påsan; July 18, 2017 at 03:15 PM.

And don´t forget...yesterday there was comment from CA that wood elves are getting some units ...so may be other races will get some love too

Nice! Seems CA is getting the hang of this whole release strategy malarkey

I just wish battle design in general was a bit more strategic and a bit less crazy high-octane-action, then I'd be well and truly hyped for part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurstel View Post
    I think it is mostly consumer pandering as imo Norscans were fine as is considering they never had an army book. It will be even stranger if they somehow evolve to be more powerful than WoC who are already pretty weak especially the way MP is designed.
    I am glad they are expanding on the first game but I feel like the effort could have been better spent fleshing out other factions.

I can see factions like VC, Empire, Chaos, Greenskins steamrolling the map, but it would be extremely out of place doing it with what amounts to a bunch of squabbling technologically backwards tribals.
    We had essentially the whole north of the map made up of nothing but Chaos fodder armies and it was sooo boring. It's nice to have unique mammoth riding savages to defend against now instead of hordes and hordes of marauders.

It's probably the last army I would have asked for but after seeing what CA's done with it I cannot wait to play them. I am also glad we finally have Fimir in the game. Total War is a nice home for those forgotten and abandoned critters.

Looks awesome, and seeing as I havent played TW:W in a couple of months will probably get me playing again tbh

Only read of it, I hope they totally revamp and not merely make Varg playable.

I don't know about everyone else but I find Norsca hard to get excited about, particularly after playing Chaos. I don't remember anyone in tabletop playing Norsca.
    If I don't buy it then I think they get added to the game anyway for the AI? which fleshes out the game a bit more.
    But I'm waiting for the more interesting factions that add a distinct flavour like Kislev, Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings, even Nippon would be nice(even as just mercs) Yes I know we need the new games with the Campaign map extensions, it's a long wait I think!

Well if you buy game 2 they're free...

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

The trailer had too much Viking/Wildling feeling. It hardly felt Warhammer imo.

Okay... it is indeed out of place

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

It's a solid move, especially with the lackluster Chaos roster currently, but I'm disappointed that the Empire is going to now even struggle even more against Norsca. They truly need to revamp the Empire and add another playable Empire faction like Middenheim.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Others who were seen as backward savages and not taken serious.

Huns

Mongols
    Last edited by Meretrix; July 19, 2017 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    The trailer had too much Viking/Wildling feeling. It hardly felt Warhammer imo.
    As far as i am aware of, the norsca are viking inspired marauding wildlings from the north

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    As far as i am aware of, the norsca are viking inspired marauding wildlings from the north
    Sure northern tribe are your average viking inspired barbarian present in most fantasy setting. The issue I have is they serves as the basis for chaos warrior in the fluff. Warhammer : Mark of Chaos get their relationship right in the Chaos campaign.

Instead in the trailer they feel totally cut off from Chaos Warriors and daemon. It looks similar to wildlings - White Walkers.

Wulfrik himself is a Chaos champion. If sounds odd when he talks about hurting demonic creatures.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; July 20, 2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Wulfrik himself is a Chaos champion. If sounds odd when he talks about hurting demonic creatures.
    Why? Chaos is not one big happy family with weekend raiding trips into weak southlands.....they are primary killing and raiding themselves to the point when there is left only one champion without direct opposition...

Norsca - Home to the bloodthirsty tribes of the Norse, devout and fierce warriors of Chaos. Norsca is a mountainous tundra, thus possessing a climate and geography roughly analogous to that of the Chaos Wastes. The area is haunted by all manners of Chaos-infected beasts, such as Chaos Trolls, Chaos Spawns, Giants, and even Daemonic creatures. Mutation is common in Norsca, and many tribes are afflicted with the influence of Chaos to at least some extent. The Norse, of course, do not see that as negative, quite the opposite. Indeed, they have no word for 'mutant' in their langauge, the closest equivalent being 'blessed' or 'favoured'. Barbarous and war-like, the Northmen of Norsca are the very epitome of the Warriors of Chaos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast