Thread: Roman faction destroyed before reforms, can Roman (Rebels) still trigger them?

Align's Avatar Laetus

Default Roman faction destroyed before reforms, can Roman (Rebels) still trigger them?

Or am I just out of luck? I'm playing as Parthia so I dunno that my stuff will be affected that much but I'll miss fighting the Legionnaires towards the end of the campaign.

Default Re: Roman faction destroyed before reforms, can Roman (Rebels) still trigger them?

Rebels can still trigger it i think.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Roman faction destroyed before reforms, can Roman (Rebels) still trigger them?

Roman rebels could trigger reform but roman slave could not.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Align's Avatar Laetus

Thanks, good to know - probably unlikely the rebels can take out whoever defeated the original romans, but maybe with console commands I could still see what'd happen.

GeoHitmanGR's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Align View Post
    Or am I just out of luck? I'm playing as Parthia so I dunno that my stuff will be affected that much but I'll miss fighting the Legionnaires towards the end of the campaign.
    IIRC Parthians get heavy cataphracts and cataphract archers after marian reforms.

At this point, unless the Roman rebels, were the ones that took down the Romans, it will be really hard to trigger the reforms. If you want them that bad, apart from using cheats, you could send an army to babysit the rebels while they upgrade their cities. Ideally, if they own any city in Sicily you could send an army to guard the landbridge to the rest of Italy.