Thread: The Lord Of The Rings For Warhammer....Why not?!

Icon5 The Lord Of The Rings For Warhammer....Why not?!

Hi!
    i have a suggestion...why not a third age mod for this game?!
    i think this game has more compatibility potential for a mod like that than medieval 2 or attila or anyother total war released games!

have anyone any discussion about that?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The Lord Of The Rings For Warhammer....Why not?!

Of course people discussed it. And let me quote Rise of Mordor FAQ ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/total-war-rise-of-mordor ) :

Will the mod move to Total War: Warhammer?
    There is no chance at all that the mod will move to Warhammer due to the rules regarding what types of mods are allowed, and the fact that even if we wanted to make the mod on Warhammer there's just so much stuff we can't mod that it becomes impossible.
    Simply such mods are not allowed to steam (will be deleted) because Games Workshop license. I´m actually glad they allow general modding, before release of TW:W1 there were even rummors if modding will allowed at all...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Of course people discussed it. And let me quote Rise of Mordor FAQ ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/total-war-rise-of-mordor ) :

Simply such mods are not allowed to steam (will be deleted) because Games Workshop license. I´m actually glad they allow general modding, before release of TW:W1 there were even rummors if modding will allowed at all...
    It wasn't actually even rumors. As I recall, CA announced there would be no modding due to the license. Then after listening to their fans CA went back to Games Workshop to see if there was room for a compromise, and that's how we ended up with some modding, but no cross-license modding.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

so there is modding permission for the game so why are you waiting?

you can move the mod to warhammer they allow us modding the game also in steam i think there isn't any problem

or making a new mod
    Last edited by Frunk; July 17, 2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by asadyan View Post
    so there is modding permission for the game so why are you waiting?

you can move the mod to warhammer they allow us modding the game also in steam i think there isn't any problem
    There is limited modding permission.

Mods within the Warhammer Fantasy Universe? Yes.

Mods in other Universes? No.

Lord of the Rings falls into the latter, so making or transferring a mod based on LOTR to Warhammer: Total War would not be allowed. Worst case scenario, it could even lead to legal action against the modders or a cease and desist. So you might go from having a LOTR mod on an older game, to no LOTR mod at all.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    There is limited modding permission.

Mods within the Warhammer Fantasy Universe? Yes.

Mods in other Universes? No.
    oh, !

i hope a day comes that i see a LOTR mod on warhammer and/or other compatibility potential game in future or an independent total war game about it!
    Last edited by lolIsuck; July 20, 2017 at 09:35 AM. Reason: censor bypass removed

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I kinda want a full ca game for lotr. but EA got the rights to it I think. really too bad. it is the perfect setting for total war series.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I kinda want a full ca game for lotr. but EA got the rights to it I think. really too bad. it is the perfect setting for total war series.

Its Warner Bros now. They're the ones behind Shadow of Mordor and the like.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

would be great if ca works out a deal with warner bros.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii