Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] WotN: The Baltic Release (Beta 3.5 Released 2022-03-16 - now with the new SUB-MOD "Factions United" added on March 17th 2022)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default [RELEASE] WotN: The Baltic Release (Beta 3.5 Released 2022-03-16 - now with the new SUB-MOD "Factions United" added on March 17th 2022)

Article at MODDB:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-t...elease-beta-30

Download link:

- Size of mod increased from 956mb to 1.39gb.

Changes:
    1. Fixes all the remaining silver surfer officers, captains and generals as well as any other remaining such bug.

2. Adds missing portraits for the two sami units, as well as some Frisian/Saxon merc new unit portraits.

3. Changes the names of the Frisian/Saxon mercenaries to more easily identify them as mercs.

4. Re-adds the vast music-mod from last year - but with heavily edited and cut music tracks this time

- It's also in use by TLK:WotN - but the difference here is the music in use by the Saxons, Gwynedd, Alba and the two Irish factions aren't included in this mod - while on the other hand the music for the Slavs/Balts and Sami/Finns are now in use once more.

The Viking music for the Danes, Norse and Swedes etc is the same in both mods - but more common in this as this centers around Scandinavia.

5. Re-uses the old scripts for the single player campaign making the experience much better actually - for hotseat plz rename the "campaign_script"-file inside of data/world/maps/imperial_Campaign to something else - and then name the one labeled "campaign_script_hotseat" as "casmpaign_script"

- When playing with hotseat most of the scripts doesn't work past turn number two, while on the other hand if you play with working scripts the hotseat will CTD when trying to enter the campaign.

6. I've also added new strat-models for the Frankish captain and general, as well as made their capital into a town instead of a village - capital is now Osnabruck.

I have swaped some units around for the Eastern Franks in the campaign - they now have a better starting army with more varied units instead of the same sucking infantry - expect more cavalry in the starting army! But the size of the army is only slightly increased with like two or three units.

7. Also i've implemented new custom settlements for all factions. - Slavs and most Vikings share theirs.

- three out of four Norse vikings have different styled villages and towns but the same style in large town and cities.

- sami/finns do use the same as Alba will use in TLK:WotN.

- and finally the Franks have the Byzantium ones and is the only faction with civilized cities.

8. Marka Horses implemented as well as new animations.

9. I have removed the problem with rebel ships spawning in such a mass that it was impossible to use ships in the mod without cheating - now expect the factions to use ships against each other and without the rebels having dominance over the seas.

The mod is pretty much done now!

Place the mod inside of your Medieval II Total War/mods-folder and start it up by doubleclicking the .bat-file named "WotNbeta". The name of the WotN-folder must be "WotN" - also make sure when un-raring that you don't get mods/WotN/WotN - it should be mods/WotN.

Credits:

- I have done all the work on this update myself.

- New traits and ancillaries have been added today 2017-07/16 by Juzy90.

But there are certain people who deserve credit as without them this wouldn't have been possible:

- The old WotN-team including Absinthia, Ulfhednin, Horsa and Leif Eriksson - for the base-mod, units and scripts etc! Basically all the groundwork and the whole 1.5 beta version. - My 2.0 were just some fixes really and without the music-mod (which was my big contribution to WotN) it weren't much.

- I am currently the only active developer of WotN, and i have permission from other old team-members such as Absinthia and Horsa - to continue this project. - I am an official developer on TWC for WotN.

- Danova and The Last Kingdom - for the Frankish captain and general strat models.

- There was a sharing agreement between Danova, creator of The Last Kingdom - and Wrath of the Norsemen. - There are proof of this on TWC, we have permission to use material such as the Frankish captain and general strat-models.

- Rhaymo and DBM - for the creation of the custom settlements in use by all factions.

- Rhaymo allows the use of DBM assets in other mods - alas we have permission to use the custom settlements.

- The EoR-mod and Deutschland etc - for the new slavic textures applied to the custom settlements by Rhaymo - the Viking/Slav custom settlements have re-textures from EoR.

- I am also an official developer of EoR (East of Rome) and Deutschland himself approved of this - i've gotten Darius permission to use assets from"The Danube Limes" in WotN - and as the custom settlements are Rhaymo's and were free to use for everyone i'd say permission exists for the re-textures also.

Video:

Wrath of the Norsemen: The Baltic: Release version 3.0! Gautland VS Danmörk:

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 15, 2017 at 08:01 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [Release]WotN: The Baltic (Beta 3.0)

Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Thanks.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Upload re-uploaded due to user Juzy90 at TWC contacting me and providing me with his work on traits and ancillaries for this mod. He mentioned he had been able to play over 100 turns in two campaigns with these changes - please report any bugs you may find in the game.

I have added his changes as well as removed some stuff i forgot to remove in the recent upload - like the music-folder.

In any case, i know of one bug that i can't fix and that is the Freyseyr-settlement - it has mountainous terrain that can't be clicked on. Neither the player nor the AI can move troops in that entire region on the battle-map but automatic battles work. - The only advice i can gve is to leave that area for the rebels and ignore it.

- The Havamal

Fixed as of 2017-07/27:

- Fixed issue with the Freyseyr settlement having mountainous terrain that made the real-time battles unplayable in that settlement, plus added historical names for Frankish cities.

- Now it's very much done in it's first version.

The Freyseyr settlement used to have mountainous terrain when fighting a real-time battle, which made the battles unplayable in that settlement as neither the player nor the ai could move troops there - this has now been fixed!

I have also changed the names of a couple of Frankish settlements based on the pictures posted in the thread of my 2016 release.

Link is the same as before, upload updated.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 27, 2017 at 03:38 AM.

- The Havamal

Great update

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperorRafik View Post
    Great update
    Thanks =). - This one is much more stable.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [Release]WotN: The Baltic (Beta 3.1)

Interesting work! Thank you..!
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; August 27, 2017 at 08:21 AM.

I did playtest some in july and made a smaller Svitjod versus Danmörk Total War Campaign. I am not talking but will probably try that in future let's plays.

"I am playing a small campaign as the Swedish norsemen, or viking tribe of Svitjod - mainly fighting against the Kingdom of Danmörk (Denmark) which is the strongest Norsemen/Viking faction. As i continued work on the mod, which rendered my saves obsolete, this ended as a Svitjod VS Danmörk smaller campaign. Enjoy!

Btw, i won't talk - i will try to create let's plays were i speak later on. Svitjod is attacking rebel-held Vendil in this part, and preparing for more battles ahead."

"The battle of rebel held Vestr Aross is resolved in this episode, and another faction makes a surprise attack on us at the end!
    King Ragnar Lothbrok will need to take vengeance on the new enemy.."

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 24, 2017 at 01:19 AM.

- The Havamal

"Last episode we managed to grab quite a few rebel held territories in Swedish, Danish and Gautlandish lands. At the end, we lost Rautabyr to the Danes after they made a surprise attack on us.This episode, King Ragnar Lothbrok will first send his forces to take the rebel-held village of Liongakaupangr, and then it's time to take back Rautabyr from the sneaky Danes!"

- The Havamal

New part of the six part let's play.

Wrath of the Norsemen 3.1: Svitjod VS Danmörk Campaign: Part 04

"Last part Ragnar Lothbrok and the Svitjod tribe re-conquered the lost territories from the rebels and Danmörk, and then went on a rampage against the Danes. Now the rampage in Danish lands continues!"

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 27, 2017 at 03:17 PM.

- The Havamal

New part of the six part let's play.

Wrath of the Norsemen 3.1: Svitjod VS Danmörk Campaign: Part 05

"Last part Ragnar did rampage wildly in the Danish homelands, conquering territories far and wide.
    In this part of the let's play Ragnar fights his first RTS battle on the battlefield in this campaign against the Danes, and then attacks some more settlements/villages owned by the Danes. Things are starting to get more and more even from here on, as Ragnar is starting to run out of troops while the Danes seem to have reserves still left."

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 28, 2017 at 03:56 PM.

- The Havamal

New final part of the six part let's play.

Wrath of the Norsemen 3.1: Svitjod VS Danmörk Campaign: Part 06 (END).

"
    In this final part of the let's play, Ragnar will finally have the odds of battle against him - will he be beaten back by the Danes or will he be victorious in the struggle? The danes have two large stacks in areas conquered by Ragnar, and Ragnar has just now assaulted one of the two armies with what he has left. He just couldn't let those forces unite into one single force - still, the odds may be against him due to the Danes having one other army even if they lose the first one."

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 28, 2017 at 03:56 PM.

- The Havamal

EDITED as of 2018-02/08 - Fixed entries in the descr_strat-file for Frankish custom settlements not showing up in battle.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 10, 2018 at 02:45 AM.

- The Havamal

Wrath of the Norsemen Beta 3.2!

- Fixed 2018-02/10:

- Fixed all the custom settlements that were not spawning, as i failed to realize that all the entries were missing in the descr_strat - this probably was due to me uploading a version with the wrong files.

- Also added correct rebels to all the regions, so now you will fight Sami, Finnish, Slav, Baltic, Frisian, Saxon, Rus and Norse rebels in their own homeregions - not just Norse everywhere like before.

- I have also fixed the Frank Infantry unit - so it will attack now and won't just stand there.

- I have fixed the Erzemon Archers (Saxon Mercs) - by replacing the mesh with the mesh in use in TLK:WotN.

- I've replaced the Lokinyki Mercenaries mesh (the same in use by the Huscarls) with the Thengs of TLK:WotN.

- Burwaran-unit fixed - by replacing the animations in the BMDB-file, correcting the issue with the unit not holding it's spears.

- Formations added to Vikings, Saxons and Franks - just like in TLK:WotN.

- Outdated upgrade of the Skjoldborgsmen removed.

- Sami Shamans have gotten the old portrait back, that were never in use due to it's name being wrong in the folder.

- Diplomacy has been overhauled, factions start at war with most of the ones they should be at war with - this is done to stop the AI from being peaceful or a coward. It worked well i think.

- Saxon portraits updated to the new ones that i created from TLK:WotN.

All in all the rebels took the most time, and i have tested it enough to know that it's stable (172 turns) and i did also check the settlements.

I might have forgotten something.

Download-link:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-02-10 05-22-05-954.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-10 05-22-47-868.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-10 05-22-10-385.jpg   kingdoms 2018-02-10 05-22-27-865.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 10, 2018 at 09:24 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [Release]WotN: The Baltic (Beta 3.2)

Hello guys, we inform you that the Modding Awards are now live and that our mod is included in the lists; if you like it, don't lose the chance to nominate it! Similarly, if you liked the work that we did last year, remember that you can nominate us.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nations-Thread
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 11, 2018 at 04:36 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: [RELEASE] WotN: The Baltic Release (Beta 3.2)

Hello Guys, i've fixed the issue with hotseat crashing when using the descr_script-file. By removing a certain line from the script i've managed to make hotseat work with all the scripts of Wrath of the Norsemen: The Baltic.

In the previous version you had to choose between the scripts, or hotseat- the scripts would only work one single turn in a hotseat campaign, due to the end_script-line and wait-monitors being removed.

I've now fixed this by removing an unnecessary line (Historic Event Script Test) and all the scripts work with the wait_monitor and end_script lines intact.

I've let the AI play for more than 200 turns as Gutland/Egypt and no CTD.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 20, 2020 at 03:04 AM.

- The Havamal

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi. Tell me please are those models present in your mod?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...model-s-origin

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

I have played WOTN and I can tell you that I have not seen those units, at least in version 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    Hi. Tell me please are those models present in your mod?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...model-s-origin
    The WotN models are original for WotN- the only mod having some of these models are TGC because Absinthia made them for WotN first and then used them there.

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast