Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Editing Animations-help on new idea

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Editing Animations-help on new idea

Looking at the videos, and thinking about some things, I think its the speed and stats that impact collisions the most. The higher the mass and speed, the more forceful the collision is. The higher the radius of the unit, the larger area that force is applied to.

As for the event file, I think that only has to deal with the blood-pack/ other fx (this is what could make on-fire fx possible)
    Last edited by Lugie; August 31, 2017 at 01:18 PM.

Default Re: Editing Animations-help on new idea

Yeah this is indeed what I gathered as well.
    Since I am trying to modify a custom 1 man (general) unit, my desired results are much trickier.
    I have dramatically raised the entity values for his horse unit to that well beyond an elephant or cannon. When the charge is successful, this gives the desired result, lots of men go flying.

The problem is a head on charge (1 v 120) sometimes results in a fail, which looks like my 1 man unit just running up to the front line, and stopping... proceeds to basic melee animations.

Still wish there was a way to add actual melee splash damage like in Warhammer, but it appears this would require some type of source code editing we do not have access to

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12