Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Historical Family System (Rome & Carthage)

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [Submod] Historical Family System (Rome & Carthage)

Quote Originally Posted by Eodez View Post
    Only mods I have are DeI part 1 & 2 along with the Julia family submod and Barcid family submod. Started a Carthage campaign as Barcid family yesterday. Only other mod I had in the past was a submod that affected naval combat though I removed it when you made changes to how transport fleets work. I could try a complete reinstall of R2TW and mods to see if I missed something. I use the mirror downloads for DeI btw if that helps any.

Edit: Would the fact that I have one for Rome and one for Carthage active at the same time be an issue? It says you were supposed to have only one but I assumed that was per faction.
    I had both running as well, although I had Cornelia instead of the Julia. Took me 50 turns to realize my mistake when no one was spawning. Had to restart

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

For Syracuse, Heiro II starts off campaign as faction leader. Is he supposed to spawn again? This hasn't occurred in my game, but I'm curious since it looks like he will based on the family member spoiler in the OP.

Ah crap, thanks - yeah I was worried about that. I imagine some factions may have some overlap there, please keep reporting any if you find them.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

For Pontus, Ariobarzenes is already the royal heir but spawns again soon after game start (within the first few turns.)

Ok thanks - I will add it to the fix list for the next update.

Is this save game compatible? (Assuming it's not, as I am already around 50 turns into a Carthage campaign)

EDIT:
    I restarted with the Barca submod, playing as them. I'm on turn 52 right now and still no general? I don't see a list for Carthaginian family spawns.
    Last edited by gnosis89; September 14, 2017 at 09:50 PM.

Its save game compatible in that it will spawn the generals at the same turn, so you will have some skipped if its after that turn. I will add the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its save game compatible in that it will spawn the generals at the same turn, so you will have some skipped if its after that turn. I will add the list.

I see Hamilcar is turn 72. I am on turn 79 and have yet to see him. I have the Barcid family sub mod placed before (to the left) of every other mod. Even in the CA launcher you can only organize the mods based on name and date.

Something I am not seeing?

I was wondering, doesn't Octavian fit into the Julia family? He will be an awesome name to recognize at the late game IMO.
    It's true most campaigns will be over before the 500 or so turns, but he will be a great reward for those who make it through the years

Quote Originally Posted by gnosis89 View Post
    I see Hamilcar is turn 72. I am on turn 79 and have yet to see him. I have the Barcid family sub mod placed before (to the left) of every other mod. Even in the CA launcher you can only organize the mods based on name and date.

Something I am not seeing?
    As long as its loading before other mods it should work. Not sure why you didn't see him on that turn.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by hoho96 View Post
    I was wondering, doesn't Octavian fit into the Julia family? He will be an awesome name to recognize at the late game IMO.
    It's true most campaigns will be over before the 500 or so turns, but he will be a great reward for those who make it through the years
    Ιt's not a bad idea.
    @Dresden ?

As long as its loading before other mods it should work. Not sure why you didn't see him on that turn.
    Has anyone been able to confirm that he does indeed spawn? The mod is in the correct order, and the only other mods I'm running are the supply train ammo mod (which doesn't really work either, but I've read that it doesn't work for others) and your Sack, liberate etc...mod (all diplomatic options). It's enabled and in the correct order (furthest left), thus I cannot think of any reason as to why it wouldn't work properly.

EDIT:

I continued on, and as it turns out Hasdrubal the fair did spawn. So apparently something is wrong with the Hamilcar spawn. Waiting to see if the Hannibal and Hasdrubal spawns work out.

By the way why is Mago not included?
    Last edited by gnosis89; September 22, 2017 at 01:09 PM.

Do these still work with the new politics system?

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Is it possible for me to change the spawn timers for these using PFM? I took a look at the tables but I couldn't make heads or tails of what I was supposed to adjust. I am looking to make a 12 tpy version for myself to test out and if it works I would like to post it up here for anyone else using 12 tpy.

Its complicated, you have to change the spawn window settings for the historical characters. But the numbers are not what you would expect (its 753- the year).

And yes they should work with the beta.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

My historical generals are spawning with no base skill, is this a known issue or on my end somehow? I only use graphic and battle submods.

Do you mean a background skill? For some reason it doesnt work for them

Quote Originally Posted by Beedo83 View Post
    Is it possible for me to change the spawn timers for these using PFM? I took a look at the tables but I couldn't make heads or tails of what I was supposed to adjust. I am looking to make a 12 tpy version for myself to test out and if it works I would like to post it up here for anyone else using 12 tpy.
    Do let me know if you figure that out. I want to make a 1 tpy version. As such we just have to figure out a formula for converting the numbers, and auto-changing all the values in a spreadsheet.

Its complicated, you have to change the spawn window settings for the historical characters. But the numbers are not what you would expect (its 753- the year).

And yes they should work with the beta.
    If it counts in years then we can just use it with any tpy without changing it, right?

The ages of the generals will be off with TPY other than 4. You have to change their spawn window settings in the historical characters table to line up with their spawn window in game.

For example, lets say a character is set to spawn on turn 8. For 4TPY thats 2 years into the game, which is 276 BC. The historical characters are all based on the original date in game of 753, so that characters spawn window would be 753-277 to 753-275 (+/- 1 for the window). So his settings would need to be column 1 - 476 column 2 - 478 . So his spawn window is 476 to 478 for the game's year tracking. Its sort of convoluted.

That all works okay when you are in the early spawns because they match up pretty closely. But, once you get to the later spawns its a mess. Lets say the character spawns at turn 160.
    1TPY - Year 118, spawn window 636 to 638
    4TPY - Year 238, spawn window 514 to 516
    12TPY - Year 265, spawn window 487 to 489

I can do submods for it, it will just take time to do and I have a bunch of other stuff going on with getting the mod ready, then getting the new campaign working at a basic level (when that releases), updating all the submods to make sure they work, etc.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast