Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: [Submod] Historical Family System (Rome & Carthage)

Default Re: [Submod] Historical Family System (Rome & Carthage)

After about 40 turns into the campaign I've received my first Julia family member. At least I got 2 pop ups saying I did however he hasn't actually become available as a general. The rest of the mod seems to be working fine in that the political parties are all the families so it isn't the end of the world, just kinda sucks.
    Just throwing this out there for anyone who is interested in trying this submod as I am

Just want to confirm this mod still works with the most recent 1.2.4 update, albeit when using the Julii genus version, Lucius Julius Libo has shown up at turn 40 instead of 32, maybe update the section that shows the turns the generals spawn in if it has indeed changed or is there something that could be pushing his spawn time by 8 turns?

I've also gone as far as to receive Sextus Julius Caesar so the mod works up until then, I hope I can make it farther to reach the rest but getting to Daddy Gaius Julius Caesar at turn 632 is going to be a "Rome wasn't built in one day" chore. Love this mod though!

Hey Dresden i know you are pretty busy but could you look at this thread at the end to see what Benjin commented http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-9)&p=15769745
    He said it needs to be edited but im pretty much a newbie to editing anything, if u are to busy to do it yourself could you explain it to me in a couple of sentences. Thanks in advance

“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey . . .”

- Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect 2

You would need to find the entry in Benjin's table that references Caesar's appearance ID and then put that in our historical family table. If you open up the submod, you will find the historical characters table. Go to row 19, the one that has the name entry 2147355018. Paste Benjin's Caesar appearance ID from him historical character table into the right column in that row.

There is also a randomly spawned historical character in vanilla that should still work in DeI for Caesar. That would use whatever vanilla has assigned for it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi Dresden

Great work with all the Mods you and the team have rolled out to us eager fans. Just wanted to ask if there was 24 TPY version of the Historical Family System so I could run it with Data Venia? If there is not what would I need to change in the pack fil to make the dates match up? I currently have your 12 TPY Gens Julia version downloaded

Not currently. It is a little complicated on what you have to change so their ages match up.

Updated Barcid submod to fix an issue where Hamilcar wasn't spawning correctly.

Hi, thanks for the hard work!
    Is the Roman Family mod compatible with latest 1.2.6 ?

Yes it should be

Yay! Thanks, I'll start a Julia Grand Campaign then, again.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Dear Dresden, I am playing a Roman Campaign as the Julia and have both of your submods, 12TPY and Historical Family Julia 12TPY, I'm in the year 259BC and already the 3rd character has Spawned " Lucius Julius Caesar Maior " which I think its way way early in the game as if I was playing the 4tpy version, would you please take a look into it and let me know?
    Note: " Lucius Julius Caesar Maior " is at the age of 21 when he's spawned.

Best regards,
    GM207

Will I need this for the Julia in my Roman campaign, there is an asterisk that says it comes with the main DeI mod, is that all the families then, or do I need the specific family downloaded from this list and put in my data folder, am I already good with the latest DeI install, what am I misunderstanding?

The Roman/Carthage ones are not in the main mod because you can't assign them to parties, only to the party that is being played at the time.

Okay so I get juli mod, put it above dei, then choose nobiles as Rome, then I will get the historical members (including gaius julius ceasar) at certain set times.

So this still works with 1.2.8 and is a natively 4 TPY sub mod yeah? Does this work mid play through or needs a new start?

REALLY want this one! Just realized it exists!

Updated to fix broken links.

Updated Julia submod to remove repeat spawn of a starting character

I know its easy for someone to request someone else makes a mod, especially one that would require so much work. I did dabble in modding this game for a bit, and I have 2 published (actually 1 as I found it easier to make a new mod than learn how to update lol).

That said it would be amazing if we could get one of these for the successor kingdoms as well. I would help with research if someone wanted to do the modding. Its been years since I did it and would have to relearn all over again.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567