Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all the developers of this mod. Not only for the awesome work with the units, with the effects and so on… I also believe the mod FIXED my Vanilla Napoleon issues (the smoke lag is gone, and also any other kind of mini lags that I had, all in Ultra settings-which I can handle just fine)
Just saying thank you sounds poor, I don’t have enough words to praise your hard work and dedication and all of that just because you love the game and are kind enough to offer your work to the community.
I have been a regular user of TW center mods and I think it is time to offer something too. Sometime ago I did an extensive research for EBII regarding the real names of the roman cities and settlements, I never posted it and finally I lost the list when I bought a new PC. I am a journalist and a historian, and I think I could help out any team that wants to bring some historical accuracy on to their mod/project. So feel free to contact me anytime.
About historical accuracy: and to be constructive:
In the emergent faction campaign (Europe) there’s a faction that never existed during the Napoleonic Era. It’s the Kingdom of Catalonia. As a Catalan myself, and a secessionist one, I can tell you the Kingdom was incorporated to the Crown of Aragon in the 14th century, and later on (to wrap things up) it became more of a military regional government with political and economic autonomy. During TW Empire era, 1714, the territory was a main war scenario for the Habsburg-Bourbonic war, which involved many other countries in the fight, such as England. The Bourbonic side won, and Catalonia lost its economic and political autonomy until well into the 19th century. But during the Napoleonic Era, there was never such an entity as the Kingdom of Catalonia. There was a guerrilla resistance throughout Spain, and in Catalonia, there is the legend of El timbaler del Bruc, or The Bruc’s drumboy, who supposedly scared away a whole French division just climbing up to a spot in the mountains and beating his drum, that way the French though there was an army coming at them, but it was just the echo of one single drum reverberating on the mountains.
Also the 2 de mayo uprising in Madrid is very famous. But note that Napoleon took over Spain really fast, and he put his brother there to reign, so there were no local governments anymore, just the French occupation.