Thread: When do the Mongols and Timurids arrive?

Default When do the Mongols and Timurids arrive?

I've got a question broken down into two parts:

Part 1: I would like to know what year (or turn) the Mongols and Timurids arrive in the plain Vanilla version (but with patch). I've searched previous posts and got a hint the Mongols come in turn 140. Can somebody please confirm, and tell me what turn the Timurids come?

Part II: I understand that in Lusted's mod (which I'm about to install) there is more variation in arrival date of both. Can sombody please let me know between which years these fractions will appear in this mod?

One reason for asking is that my current English campaign is getting a bit boring after turn 50, and if I have to wait another 90 turns, I better start a new campaign, as the Turks - that should give some fireworks!

Thanks in advance.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: When do the Mongols and Timurids arrive?

Part II: I understand that in Lusted's mod (which I'm about to install) there is more variation in arrival date of both. Can sombody please let me know between which years these fractions will appear in this mod?
    Mongols between 1188 and 1268. Timurids between 1328 and 1424.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

mongols first appeared on my campaing playing as the byzantines around turn 84

kendal000's Avatar Libertus

you do not want to hurry the mongols or the timurids along all though they are a challenge they can ruin a campaign. but with me i was playing as russia and they appeared on about turn 120 and that was with the years modded to 0.5 instead of 2
    if at first you dont succeed, maybe bomb disposal isnt for you.

After the patch the Mongols appear later in the game, and the are no longer able to take the whole holy land.

Bagabigna's Avatar Civis

When I was playing as the Turks the Mongols apeared on the 67th turn and the Timurids apeared on the 146th turn
    Last edited by Bagabigna; February 18, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Thank you very much for your response Bababigna. I'm sure all of the people from 2006 will be very grateful for your input.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Though there always will be some people asking about this so good thing he replied

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRosario View Post
    Thank you very much for your response Bababigna. I'm sure all of the people from 2006 will be very grateful for your input.

Can I put this in my sig?
    Last edited by FountainGuard; December 29, 2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Stuff

Originally Posted by PapaRosario

I'm from the future, 2018, and I appreciate the input. Thanks

I'm from a decade later, and I'am also thankful for finding this time capsule of worthy information.