Thread: [Solved] Not Working?

Default [Solved] Not Working?

Title...

Windows 10, fresh steam install, validated files, started in vanilla fine. installed mod +hotfix, CTD right after getting to the empire screen.

Any ideas?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Not Working?

Unfortunately my heavily modded install was lost on a computer with a burned out motherboard last year and I haven't gone through the monumental task of reinstalling everything on a new Win 10 machine (so I don't know). But since this very old mod has a now mostly inactive team, I'd check for vanilla troubleshooting solutions for W10. I also have a non-steam copy so I don't know if that will eventually make a difference or not. Steam copies of the game have always tended to have issues with mods from this era.

I believe i have found the workaround for getting this mod to work in Windows 10, using Steam

Whilst in the steam client, right click the E:TW entry, and go to 'properties'
    In the subsequent window that opens, select 'SET LAUNCH OPTIONS ...'
    put in "mod apeti_customcampaign.pack; mod apeti_modcore.pack; mod apeti_skins.pack; mod apeti_graphics.pack; mod apeti_DLC.pack; mod mod_smokeblood.pack; mod mod_xstraps.pack;" (without the quotes)
    Then start E:TW (not the APETI program)

This comes from the .bat file that the APETI_launcher uses.
    The above options are for the early campaign option. If you want to use the 'Start Late Campaign' option, use "mod apeti_customlatecampaign.pack; mod apeti_modcore.pack; mod apeti_skins.pack; mod apeti_graphics.pack; mod apeti_DLC.pack; mod mod_smokeblood.pack; mod mod_xstraps.pack;" instead (without the quotes)

Note: this is the first time i am playing this mod, so i don't know if things are missing or not, but it appears to be running as intended.

Default Re: [Solved] Not Working?

I hit -6000 in three turns. My treasury screen shows a positive income. Is there somewhere else to see the real income/expenditures?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

You are burning through money with college building upkeep. You'll find a lot of info throughout the forum on this. Your financial page will show everything but what your academic buildings cost in upkeep -- that's why your balance is off at the beginning of the next turn. Engine limits prevented the team from making this crucial cost show up there, BUT, there is an in game workaround -- click on ANY academic building in the game and the advisor pop-up will show you the cost. Then just factor that in. Demolish academic buildings if you have to and wait until your economy can actually support one, or two. Once you know this, it's easy since every tier has a fixed cost and it's not hard to check up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemat View Post
    I believe i have found the workaround for getting this mod to work in Windows 10, using Steam

Whilst in the steam client, right click the E:TW entry, and go to 'properties'
    In the subsequent window that opens, select 'SET LAUNCH OPTIONS ...'
    put in "mod apeti_customcampaign.pack; mod apeti_modcore.pack; mod apeti_skins.pack; mod apeti_graphics.pack; mod apeti_DLC.pack; mod mod_smokeblood.pack; mod mod_xstraps.pack;" (without the quotes)
    Then start E:TW (not the APETI program)

This comes from the .bat file that the APETI_launcher uses.
    The above options are for the early campaign option. If you want to use the 'Start Late Campaign' option, use "mod apeti_customlatecampaign.pack; mod apeti_modcore.pack; mod apeti_skins.pack; mod apeti_graphics.pack; mod apeti_DLC.pack; mod mod_smokeblood.pack; mod mod_xstraps.pack;" instead (without the quotes)

Note: this is the first time i am playing this mod, so i don't know if things are missing or not, but it appears to be running as intended.
    Great workTablemat! I have been without the mod for a long time now due to hardware failure and the inability to piece it all together on a new machine. If I can't find my original discs, maybe I'll try this steam workaround.

Thank you i'll give that a try. I'm new to the mod as I can't get DarthMod to work. I saw this one and liked what i saw.

So, when you say pit the files there, how do you do that as I can only type words in the "set launch options" I did copy paste all the names of each file you mentioned. I press play in steam but it seems that it's just the vanilla game that is playing.

Tiro

Hi,
    this is very helpful. In addition, for those that make same mistake as me, be aware that when you select installation folder as the actual game installation folder, it will create another "empire total war" folder, and won't work. However copying the whole bunch one directory above fixes that problem.