Thread: Retrain and Area of Recruitment

Default Retrain and Area of Recruitment

The only things I don't like about this mod is that you have to go back to Rome to retrain Roman units and recruit them, is there a way to cheat and disable these?

I would prefer if it was like vanilla where you have to build the Legion Barracks to recruit advanced Roman units, and you could retrain your units anywhere

I know it adds realism and challenge but for me it's just a big annoyance, I don't want my Roman army to be composed of non-roman units, nor I want to march my troops back to Rome to retrain them

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Retrain and Area of Recruitment

Couldnt you just bring new troops to the front line? That makes a lot more sense than retraining.

Changing things to vanilla type retraining might be very difficult.

vyrille's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Retrain and Area of Recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Lordados View Post
    The only things I don't like about this mod is that you have to go back to Rome to retrain Roman units and recruit them, is there a way to cheat and disable these?

I would prefer if it was like vanilla where you have to build the Legion Barracks to recruit advanced Roman units, and you could retrain your units anywhere

I know it adds realism and challenge but for me it's just a big annoyance, I don't want my Roman army to be composed of non-roman units, nor I want to march my troops back to Rome to retrain them

Thanks in advance
    One way is to cheat all the way to the marian reforms. Or, just mod the EBBS_script so that you have the marian reforms like at turn 2, or something. then you'll be able to build roman barracks everywhere. The way the EDB structure is made makes it difficult if you're not familiar with it. But if you have modded the file before, just place the internal names of all camillan/polybian units under "capability" of "Barracks_Z" buildings. That way you can recruit roman units in the Auxiliary barracks (Avxilia Delectv - something), where you recruit the local troops.